Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/17/2006, 02:41 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Where to order Advantix and Frontline?

Well its time to get some more spot on flea and tick treatment for my boys and wondering where those of you who order it off the internet happen to order it from? Before we always just got it through the vet and as much as I like my vet I rather not give them anymore money than I have to! I know several people order it online and say its much cheaper, as with anything though concerning my furkids I much prefer trusted sources that I know other people have had success with...

I use K9 Advantix for Harley and Rusty, and Frontline for Monster the cat .

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 04/17/2006, 02:46 PM
But what do I know?

I've always had a hard time, because they ask for a prescription from a vet. Kinda hard to get the prescription without going to the vet. So, I'd like to know this one too.
Old 04/17/2006, 02:47 PM
Moved In

Does Dr. Fosters and Smith sell it? They have a link here, I've bought bird stuff from them as well as fish.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 04/17/2006, 02:49 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
Does Dr. Fosters and Smith sell it?
Well can find out real quick! I thought of them but haven't searched around yet

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 04/17/2006, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

i'm almost sure you can buy that stuff at foster's & smith without a prescription. check on shipping though. i've always bought it from my vet, i'm not sure you save all that much by the time they include shipping. i could be completely wrong though. i'm old and most of my mind has gone down the tubes.

as for heartworm preventative, you DO need a prescription for that. that much i know.

btw, where the heck have you been dino?? i've looked for you on aol and you are nowhere!
Old 04/17/2006, 02:56 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninapearl
btw, where the heck have you been dino?? i've looked for you on aol and you are nowhere!
Right behind Pete in the toast line like always! Can I help it if you're eyesight isn't all that great anymore?

Old 04/17/2006, 03:38 PM
Guardian of Little People

I don't feel right ordering drugs from anyone besides my vet. She is there when I have a sick dog at 3:00 am, so the few dollars I might save aren't worth it to me.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 04/17/2006, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

I get mine from the vet, she is willing to give me a perscription to order on-line, but will also price match online retailers. (price + shipping) I have two dogs so it is fun buying a years worth of frontline, and heartguard all at the same time.
Old 04/17/2006, 06:48 PM
Fish nerd

Our clinic price-matches the online price + shipping, but often our clients then find out our regular price is already a better deal. (And, no, I won't ship it to you if you aren't a patient of mine so don't bother PM'ing me, folks! LOL)

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
-George Eliot
Old 04/17/2006, 07:17 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
I don't feel right ordering drugs from anyone besides my vet. She is there when I have a sick dog at 3:00 am, so the few dollars I might save aren't worth it to me.
I do agree and very well might still go with my vet as the source. As I also feel very leery of ordering anything "health" related off the internet, especially for my kids. Thought just got into my head today as I've heard of several people that have ordered it off the internet and I hadn't a clue what the prices online would be. From what I've seen now though I'm not sure if I will. Little cheaper but not a whole lot, haven't added it up yet to see if its worth it across 3 animals .

Old 04/17/2006, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
i absolutely agree brian, especially since my wonderful vet came out of retirement and i wanna make darn sure he STAYS out!