Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/26/2007, 08:50 PM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...11#post9343511
Old 02/26/2007, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Bill,

I am interested but I live in New Bern so I'm pretty far from Greensboro. Do you ever go to the frag swap's at Down Under?
Old 02/26/2007, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Bill- YGPM
Old 02/26/2007, 08:56 PM
Member of SEA-T

whoa, we finally split the thread!! LOL anyone happen to have a 300+ watt heater in the G'boro area they are willing to lend out or sell cheap? i think mine is on the way out. i caught the tank at 86.6º took out the heater, clean it up a little smacked it a couple of times, and so far so good LOL. but im nervous, now.
Old 02/26/2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

yeah i had fun at the swap, much better than last time as it was outside and some awesome weather lol. Much more breathing room. Bought my first piece of sps, and talked Austin into gettig his first pieces lol. Maybe one day ill get off my *** and actually get my tank running instead of putting my stuff in his tank...
Old 02/26/2007, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

That's funny you mention that NCreefwannabe cause I was wondering where you were going to put the stuff you showed me. Dude what happened to you calling me today?
Old 02/26/2007, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

lol... i slept ALL day. Guess your rubbing off on me or something.. HAHA. Yeah last frag swap i bought some nice pink zoas and stuck them in his tank.

Im tryng to get Austin to give me like a $25 allowance while he is in Iraq so that each month I can buy him a few frags at the swap, so that when he gets home he'll have all sorts of new things to look at.
Old 02/26/2007, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Now that the thread has split:

I live in Farmville and want to get rid of my 75 gallon glass tank and wood stand. The tank is broken down and ready to go right now.

I also have a 29 gallon sump with OTB overflow.

I have a High Output T-5 48" Odyssea light with 6x54 watt bulbs for sale.

I am also trying to sell about 20-30 lbs of live rock. I am keeping the live rock wet but I will either sell back to my LFS or someone that needs it before I start to have too much die-off.

If anyone is interested let me know!

Pictures of the tank while it was setup can be found at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jasonlwright/FishTank

Please email me at jasonlwright at gmail.com if you are interested in anything!
Old 02/26/2007, 09:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintbug
whoa, we finally split the thread!! LOL anyone happen to have a 300+ watt heater in the G'boro area they are willing to lend out or sell cheap? i think mine is on the way out. i caught the tank at 86.6º took out the heater, clean it up a little smacked it a couple of times, and so far so good LOL. but im nervous, now.
Paintbug, Get yourself 2, 200 watters instead. Will make it much safer next time one goes bonkers.
Old 02/26/2007, 09:40 PM
Member of SEA-T

Quote:
Originally posted by gary faulkner
Paintbug, Get yourself 2, 200 watters instead. Will make it much safer next time one goes bonkers.
that has always been the plan LOL. i picked up a nice acrylic tank at the swap, so i will have room for 2 heaters once i get that going. but in the mean time im just hoping the one i have doesnt stick on again.
Old 02/26/2007, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Ha ha, you're not right man. Well that's cool that you slept all day, I actually didn't. Steph and I went out to Farmville to Jason's place to pick up some of the LR he is selling (great rock, great guy, and great seller) IMO if anyone else is interested and nearby I highly recommend buying from him.

Quote:
Originally posted by NCreefwannabe
lol... i slept ALL day. Guess your rubbing off on me or something.. HAHA. Yeah last frag swap i bought some nice pink zoas and stuck them in his tank.

Im tryng to get Austin to give me like a $25 allowance while he is in Iraq so that each month I can buy him a few frags at the swap, so that when he gets home he'll have all sorts of new things to look at.
Old 02/26/2007, 10:08 PM
Premium Member

Paintbug, best bet is a Ranco controller with the heaters wired into them. Temp problems are too common and you could lose everything to a stuck heater. I found the Ranco locally for around 48 bucks. Best insurance I ever bought. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 02/26/2007, 10:35 PM
Actiniaria Addict

Bill YGPM in a minute or so.

-Sonja
Old 02/26/2007, 11:23 PM
Charleston Reefer

Hello from charleston!!

Old 02/27/2007, 12:11 AM
The Lord is my strength!

Quote:
Originally posted by fishnfrogs
Bill,

I am interested but I live in New Bern so I'm pretty far from Greensboro. Do you ever go to the frag swap's at Down Under?
Not really. A little farther than I am willing to drive. I maybe ordering some more if all of these go and do well. I should be receiving my shipment tomorrow. If I get enough interest I might be able to ship them in NC & SC for very little cost maybe $4 or so. I will just have to see. Snails and hermits don't weigh much at all and shipping 2 day in NC & SC should still get the package to its place in one day.

Thanks for your interest though. If you wanted to meet me in Greensboro I could do that. I work down town so I am not far from 220 or I-85 and I-40.

So far 10 of the snails are spoken for at the moment.
Old 02/27/2007, 12:11 AM
The Lord is my strength!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kb-smoker
Hello from charleston!!

Howdy back!! LOL!
Old 02/27/2007, 12:17 AM
The Lord is my strength!

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintbug
Hey Paintbug if you can find one the Azoo 300 watt heater is perfect for smaller tanks. I have two in my 75 gallon now and I only have a 1 degree swing. Here is a link to them on Dr. Foster & Smith's website.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2004+113767

They go fast. Wish I could help.
Old 02/27/2007, 12:21 AM
NAME'S JR IM A REEFAHOLIC

Not really alot of charlotte reefers on this thread huh? I got on this one when it was still quite a young thread but I lived in MD at the time. I am back in NC in the Charlotte area now. Do yall do any swapping out here at all? It would be great to meet some fellow reefers again.

JR

Yes I know it is spelled wrong but Junior was already taken.

Life may suck but the alternative is unacceptable
Old 02/27/2007, 12:24 AM
NAME'S JR IM A REEFAHOLIC

I have a butt ton of Cheato that I need to get rid of. It is filled to the brim with pods since my Manderin decided to jump ship for no reason. You guys ever hear of a manderin jumping out of a tank? One of the other fish must have scared him. Sad, I had him for about a year and a half.

Yes I know it is spelled wrong but Junior was already taken.

Life may suck but the alternative is unacceptable
Old 02/27/2007, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

There are lots of people in charlotte, but they use their own forum. it's called rasoc.org
Old 02/27/2007, 09:01 AM
Member of SEA-T

Quote:
Originally posted by J4Life
Hey Paintbug if you can find one the Azoo 300 watt heater is perfect for smaller tanks. I have two in my 75 gallon now and I only have a 1 degree swing. Here is a link to them on Dr. Foster & Smith's website.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2004+113767

They go fast. Wish I could help.
i will probably end up getting two Visi-Therm Stealth Heaters. then a couple of the Ranco controllers Gary mentioned. right now my heater seems to be working fine, although when i turned it down last night i went a little to far. woke up and the tank was 76º, i try to keep it at 80º. its always something going on with this hobby LOL.
Old 02/27/2007, 10:12 AM
The Lord is my strength!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jounior
I have a butt ton of Cheato that I need to get rid of. It is filled to the brim with pods since my Manderin decided to jump ship for no reason. You guys ever hear of a manderin jumping out of a tank? One of the other fish must have scared him. Sad, I had him for about a year and a half.
Hey Jounior,

I would like to get some of that chaeto from you if possible. Would you be willing to mail it to me? I will be glad to send you some cash to ship it. I have some caulpera in my sump and a little chaeto but would like to add a bunch more.

Just pm me if you're interested and willing.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 02/27/2007, 10:17 AM
The Lord is my strength!

Well I got my snails and hermits this morning. They all look great. Can't wait to get them home and in the tank. I know I offered to sell 25 of each but I didn't realize that small meant (baby) which means they're all very tiny. I just wouldn't feel right selling them so I am just going to hold on to them for now and let them grow up a little. Some of them are smaller than a button on a shirt so that should give you a reference point of just how tiny they're.

I do apologize to those who offered to purchase some.

Hope everyone understands,
Bill
Old 02/27/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Ill be using most likely 2 of the visi therm stealth 200 watts myself. I had one in my 55 before and my temp never changed more than +/- .5 degrees.

now im debating on my c/l pump. either a dolphin ampmaster 2100 or an ocean runner.

basically either 1700 gph or 2100 gph for double the price lol??
Old 02/27/2007, 01:17 PM
The Lord is my strength!

Quote:
Originally posted by NCreefwannabe
Ill be using most likely 2 of the visi therm stealth 200 watts myself. I had one in my 55 before and my temp never changed more than +/- .5 degrees.

now im debating on my c/l pump. either a dolphin ampmaster 2100 or an ocean runner.

basically either 1700 gph or 2100 gph for double the price lol??
I would think that the Ocean Runner wouldn't be a good candidate for a closed loop system. But I only have a 75 gallon tank. I did notice these babies out on Dr. Fosters site though.

Here is the link to them as well. Hydor Power Heads

When my Maxi-jets kick the bucket I am going to get me some of these. I think they will compete really well with the Tunez and Seio pumps.