Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/28/2007, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

anybody play Call of Duty 4?

if so, what do you think?
Old 11/28/2007, 11:37 AM
Eternally Discombobulated

My BIL has it and has been playing. Says he absolutely loves it. Graphics are incredible, physics and AI are very well done, an excellent all around FPS.

He actually likes the on-line play too because all the Halo junkies are totally out of their element with the pace of the game and makes it more of an even match. Or so he says.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 11/28/2007, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

I have it on PS-3

I have it on PS-3 and I also love it have not been able to play online yet because my net is down.
Old 11/28/2007, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

I have it for the 360 and love it
Old 11/28/2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

yeah, my brother has it, me and him played online the other day and I thought it was about the most fun I had had in a long time. The graphics are unbelievable. THey are so real that I was getting motion sick.
Old 11/28/2007, 04:50 PM
m0derated

I've been playing it a lot. I really like it. Seems pretty realistic (what do I know about fighting in a war though?).

In my opinion, the single player version is too short. But they make up for it with the variation between levels (sniper, urban/rural, shooting out of a helicopter, etc. etc.).

The multiplayer took some getting used to after playing halflife. What?! Hit with 2 bullets and I'm dead?! That was a shock. As you gain experience in multi, you earn new weapons and stuff, so that keeps it interesting.

My absolute favorite part of the game: When you launch a grenade at another player from the grenade launcher and it doesn't detonate, but still takes them out. THUMP!

That and the "last stand" perk on multiplayer.
Old 11/28/2007, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

i play it... look me up sometime on xbox live

BL1TZ99
Old 11/29/2007, 01:13 AM
Did I do that?

I play it all of the time and love it. My gamertag is mr9iron if you want to send me an invite.
Old 11/29/2007, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

yeah i heard the single player is great but way to short
is the online good
Old 11/29/2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

cool to see that so many reefers play online.
I think that I am going to pick it up today.
Old 11/29/2007, 11:27 AM
Pulling my hair out

I've played it once or twice The single player is short, but it's got a lot of variables and it's a great story, so I didn't mind. The online play is just a total blast.
Old 11/29/2007, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

you think its worth trading halo 3 in for cod 4
Old 11/30/2007, 09:24 AM
m0derated

I'd say no. I've only played Halo a couple of times, but from what I've seen it's more of an "arcade" style game, with COD trying to be more "realistic". You might get tired of either one depending on what mood you're in. I wouldn't sell either one.
Old 11/30/2007, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

I got it, look me up on the 360.

n9ned is my gamertag

hvreef.org webmaster
Old 12/01/2007, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

I just got it yesterday, I am hooked.
My tag is the same as my RC handle.
I played a lot of COD 2 and 3.
I used to play Madden everyday until last year. I got my rank into the top 100, but realized that it was no longer fun, and stopped playing. I

On COD4 I play mainly team deathmatch, with a little groundwar sprinkled in. What about you guys?
Old 12/03/2007, 08:32 AM
m0derated

I'm not sophisticated enough for the team stuff. Free-for-all for me.
Old 12/03/2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

I used to play free for all exclusively. Then last year, while playing COD3, I started to realize that the team play offered me the feeling of helping others, which I liked. I would always suit up for the losing team and try to help them win. This year it is different since they try to match the teams up fairly.
Old 12/03/2007, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Sloth, most guys I know in mergers and acquisitions dont really like it. Do you know what Ed Gein said about women...

What weapons do you guys like to use? I dig the rpd with the red dot sights, increased stopping power and deep impact bullets. I also like the M4.
Old 12/03/2007, 11:29 AM
m0derated

I'm not really in Murders and Executions. I liked the quote for American Psycho. I'm more of just a henchman.

I get kind of sick of teamplay sometimes because there's usually at least one person on each team that takes the game WAY too seriously and takes the fun out of it for me. Team Fortress 2 is like that. If you're not building a sentry gun in the location of maximum efficiency you get verbally blasted.

I wish I could remember what the weapons are called. I like the 3rd assault rifle - with a grenade launcher. Red dot sight all the way. I don't like any other sight on my guns. I used the mini uzi for the longest time. It's not very powerful, but makes up for it with the rate of fire. For a pistol I usual scavange for a gold-plated Desert Eagle .50 during the game.

Is it just me or is the basic sniper rifle 100x better than the drugnov or any of the "better" ones? One bullet to stop someone, excellent range. What more do want?
Old 12/03/2007, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, I know what you are saying about the sniper rifle's. The Drugonov is cool in that it is semi-auto though, but I do wish that it did more damage.
Old 12/16/2007, 02:44 AM
Premium Member

i just picked it up, havent really gotten into teh online stuff yet. i prefer halo 3 for online...

gamertag heyfredyourhat
Old 12/16/2007, 09:20 AM
Cancer Sucks

Lol, I have Call of Duty 4 on my new cell phone (LG Voyager). I was trying to play it last night, but I need to get better with the keyboard controls. Having troubles controlling Q-bert too.

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 12/16/2007, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

yep, its a good game, but even better is crysis, but be aware, it laughs at every gpu and cpu thrown at it...........cod4 for online for sure, but crysis is a better experience if you can run it, watch the movies ,http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/cr...ml?sid=6182739