Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2008, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

FWIW I have a few thoughts on this matter.

1. SIGNS DO WORK!! I bought $6000 in furniture from MOR Furniture on 59th ave and bell road. It was beautiful and solid wood, just amazing. I did NOT want to drop that much but had to have it. WELL not even a year later its falling apart! All the joints are seperating, and most of the bases of the dresser and bed are cracked BAD. After MANY calls complaints and "special" visists to the store I had enough!!! I put one of the dressers in the bed of my truck and made a BIG sign that said DONT BUY FROM MOR FURNITURE ASK ME WHY". I stayed out there all morning and had quite few people stop and ask me what the deal was, I would show them the bill and then the night stand. After about 5 hours the Store manager came outside. He said he would not refund me the entire purchase but would take the bill down to $2000. Yea still allot but I figured that at least it was something. Oh and the reason they say for the splitting was that "its wood, thats what it does" AFTER LIKE 9 MONTHS! LMAO!

2. ALWAYS CHECK THE BBB!!! I started y own company (WOOT ME!) and bought a printer that cost more than my truck. I found a place in TX and it sounded like great deal and came with a bunch of extras. Checed the BBB and 39 complaints in 2 years!!! I turned and ran. Found somone local bought the printer, and even had the owner personally come to check yesterday if it was all working right! Just a reminder to always check the BBB it will pay off.

Sorry to write a book lol, EVO I would do anything and eerything to make this right for you. Its SICK and places like this are what cause our community go sour. Good luck man, OH and with my big daddy printer I can make your signs too LOLOLOL!
Old 01/10/2008, 01:00 AM
Xenia Farmer

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalobunch
Sorry to hear that Ryan. Let's all go dump our skimmer cups in there parking lot all at the same time!!!
Donielle: You are pretty funny.

Ryan: it sucks to hear that it happened to you. Can't believe that they will charge to put it back in.

dvlax40: Do you work on Mercedes? I have a friend that has one. No work needed now, but maybe later.
Old 01/10/2008, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Did you pay by CC? If so, I would do a chargeback for uncompleted/unsatisfactory service.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

That sucks, good auto shops are hard to find. I can say that Patco on CaveCreek is the most honest mechanic I have found in the Valley.
Old 01/10/2008, 11:02 AM
I read your email

call news on your side. they run stories like this and help people get their money back

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order." --Ed Howdershelt
Old 01/10/2008, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

We use "Art's Auto" for just about everything. They are off of 32nd st/ Thomas. It is a mom & pop place that really goes out of their way to treat the customers well & to do a good job. We have been going there for years & now the business has been passed on to the children. If they make a mistake or misdiagnose a problem they always make it right.
Frizz
Old 01/10/2008, 10:49 PM
][D][][V][][D

anyone know of a fair, reliable, good auto repair shop in East Mesa?
Old 01/10/2008, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilE
Arnold Auto Center, it's on Apache Trail, just west of Idaho. http://arnoldautocenter.com/ next door neighbor's dad/uncle owns the place so I decided to go over there for general maintainance, never had any problems, they've been around for years...
Old 01/11/2008, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

they worked on both my cars and are really good. the owners name is jake. tell him j.r sent you

Performance Clutch & Brake Llc
944 N Country Club Dr
Mesa, AZ 85201-4108
(480) 464-4748
Old 01/11/2008, 05:43 PM
Premium Member

Ditto on the credit card, if that's how you paid. That sort of foot in the door in regards to charging even MORE to put the tranny back in the car can't hold up to any defensible standards of adequate business practices.

Imagine a doctor--For 5 grand I'll do liposuction. But once you are there: Oh, and another 3 grand to stitch you up.
Old 01/11/2008, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
check out garagefly.com for customer ratings
Frizz