Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

fishing license and spots.

where can i get a fishing license localy, how much do they normaly run? do you need a different type of license to fish fresh water and salt? any good lakes to go to around here as well? i live in the pembroke pines area.

thanks
Old 01/06/2008, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

here ya go
http://floridafisheries.com/license.html#index

i do mine online and for salt with a snook stamp it came out to be $18.19 and you can take the printout and fish that day until youe license gets to ya
or any walmart/sports store
Old 01/06/2008, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

You need a freshwater license to fish anywhere freshwater. You need a saltwater license to fish from an unlicensed boat (meaning the owner of the boat doesn't own a blanket license). If you fish from the pier, beach, or bridge, you don't need a license. However, if you plan to keep snook, you need to purchase a license with a snook stamp no matter where you fish from.
Old 01/06/2008, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

walmart sells them in sporting department and they sell the salt and fresh water combo.
Old 01/06/2008, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

awsome thank you guys.