Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Lubbock Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/01/2007, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Club intoduction

Hey there, I just wanted to get this forum going again!!! Im new to Lubbock Reef, but would love to hear from everyone, LOL.

My name is Michael. I lived in Lubbock for 3 years for school, and for some reason moved back to Carlsbad New Mexico(like 3 hours away). Ive been in FW for like 12 years, but SW for only 2. I have a 15 gallon nano reef with a pair of clowns. One ocellaris, and one purcula. It has one medium sided BTA, hariy shrooms, blue strip shrooms, pulsing xenia, neon green trumpet, blue anthelia, and random zoos. It has been going for about 2 years, and was my first tank. I just set up my 100 gallon 2 months ago, and have a pair of cinnamon clowns, two azure damels, and a neon dottyback. It is a basic set up, but im upgradeing as my buget allows, . Im hoping to make it to the next meeting, and hope to meet some of you in person. Plus I need to get some livestock, so it will just be a fish filled day, .

Lets hear from everyone, and get this forum going. Reef Central was nice enough to let us have a spot, lets use it. Have a great day,

Michael

100 Gallon 100Lbs L/R, 100lbs L/S, Tek Limited Edition 6 Bulb!!
Old 02/06/2007, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

What kind of livestock are you looking for?
Old 02/07/2007, 02:44 AM
Registered Member

Well I just got a majestic angel, so im not gonna get a tang anymore. Im saving my money for a tek t-5 light right now, so im probably not gonna get anymore livestock for a month or so. Why do you have something for sell??

Old 02/08/2007, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

wow this is amazing!! I love the activity on here. I guess im gonna have to come to the meeting and get more people on here!!

Michael

Old 02/09/2007, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

Most everyone posts on the home site.
Old 02/13/2007, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

yea, that is true. Scott, do you have any livestock?? Like live rock, or frags?? I think Im commin up for the meeting, and Im not driving 180 miles to not get something, lol.

Michael

Old 02/14/2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

I usually bring a couple of frags. There are other members that also bring frags.
Old 03/11/2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

hey there , I have never posted here always the home site
Old 03/13/2007, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

Hey, Mike. I was wondering if I could get you to post my 300 for sale here. I don't have the post count or the length of time they require to post in the selling forum. Thanks if you can. The pictures are on the home site, but I don't know how to post them here. Here it is.

Set-Up for sale includes:

300 Gallon Acrylic Aquarium with built-in sump
Stand
Light Hood with 4x175w MH and 4x30w NO
(2 Ballasts, bioballs, and 2 powerheads included)
This is a very nice aquarium; the acrylic and all the seams are in good shape. The stand is very solid and is a nice cream color (wood could be refinished). The light fixtures are in good shape and painted to match the stand. We fell in love with this aquarium the first time we saw it; I just wish we had the space to set it up. Unfortunately, we are just a little cramped and don't have the space. The original price paid was $1800 about 2 months ago.

We are asking $1400 OBO (to a good home).
Old 03/14/2007, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Hey Mike. I got enough posts to put it up for sale myself. Thanks for helping though. If you could still put the pictures on it as I don't know how to, I would appreciate it. Thanks again.
Old 03/15/2007, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Does anyone know what is going on with the home site? It keeps giving me a critical error every time I try to access the forums.
What's up??
Old 03/15/2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

not sure, seams to be working now. im not to sure youll get to much exposure for your tank here. im like the only one that checks this page, lol. i do like the new home page though!!! any talk of when the next meeting will be??

2OceanLovers you have like the same tanks i do!! and the same experience in salt...

Old 03/15/2007, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

I wasn't looking for exposure. I thought I would need Mike to post that into the selling forum for me, but I got enough posts with the one here so I was able to do it myself. It is there under 300gal Acrylic Set Up FS, TX. Check it out. I need to update that. I have a 12gal JBJ Nano that is going on 2 months now.
Old 07/02/2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

In Carlsbad Michael

Hey bud I am in Carlsbad for a few weeks hit me up and we could maybe meet and I could look at your tank. I just set up an aquarium for my mother it is a small nano. Let me know whats up bro. Thanks Chris