Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/31/2007, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

I'm not. well maybe a little, ok alot. What is the name of the thread its going to be under

Marty
Old 04/01/2007, 06:16 PM
Team RC Member

Mike,
I'm still posting on your 'string' because I dont have one of my own.
You worry me boy! I wish you'd spend more time cutting and sewing and less time typing and chasing shrimp. How am I going to stay retired if you cant send the old man a few bucks once in a while.
Love
Dad
Old 04/01/2007, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Loved reading this thread. Very informative, entertaining and a little scary at times. Best of luck with your next tank.
-Thomas
Old 04/01/2007, 10:39 PM
Team RC Member

Marty - No thread yet, don't even have the tank in my posession so I don't want to jump the gun. I'll post an update here when I'm a little further along. I think it's going to be an awesome setup - 60 x 30 x 26 inches of reef heaven .

Dad - You've got to get yourself a log in. I have no idea how you've managed to infiltrate my username; you must have been playing too much with your hacking software. You may have to go to a different computer and pull up ReefCentral.com, as your computer is recognizing you as ME!?! Strong genes, I guess. Anyway, when you're on a different computer, go to the home page, and find the location where you can log in or register with Reef Central. Get yourself a username and password, and make the change on your home computer. If you need money, just start yourself a reef tank and sell the corals ... you'll make a bundle, just ask anyone here .

ThomasinKind - Glad you've enjoyed the read, and I'm actually a little sorry it'll be coming to a close in a couple of months. I plan to keep the current tank up and running until the new one is established, and once I move over the corals I want to keep, and all the fish, then I'll take her down. Some of the corals won't be going, as they have bryopsis attached to the base and I do not want to contaminate my new tank with bryopsis.
Old 04/02/2007, 11:15 AM
The only GreenMako

Great thread I'm still skimming it....its huge

and your tank is looking great!

I bet you could sale those frag kits, I"m going to have to try and find that box.

-Brian

300Gal SPS tank
Old 04/02/2007, 01:47 PM
Team RC Member

Thanks for stopping by Brian, better late than never! Unfortunately I haven't taken any pics of the frags I got from you. All but 1 are doing fine, not great coloration but no tissue loss. I expect them to improve dramatically once I get them into my new tank.

The box for the frag kit was purchased at Target in the arts and crafts section, I believe, very close to where they have all of the plastic storage containers. I agree with you, it's the perfect size and very functional, and it's great having everything in 1 place. If your local store doesn't carry them let me know, and I'll pick one up for you.
Old 04/02/2007, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

I vote for DudesterDad
Old 04/03/2007, 11:06 PM
Registered Member

Hahaha I second that vote
Old 04/04/2007, 08:01 AM
Premium Member

Or Dadester

Marty
Old 06/23/2007, 06:40 PM
Team RC Member

So the 30g has been overrun with bryopsis. Before the thread about raising Mg to kill bryopsis came out, I became sick and tired of pruning and I completely removed most of the LR from the tank. I built an egg crate rack and placed the corals there so I could carefully observe them, and many were overrun with bryopsis even after pruning on several occasions. I'm now down to about 6 corals that appear to be bryopsis-free. I'm hoping to keep them that way as I transition to my new tank. For anyone interested you can find it here in the Large Reef Tank forum.

Oh, and my Tunze nanostream 6055 just arrived. I'll probably play with it a little in the cube, and it may come in handy for the new tank as well.

See ya!
Old 06/23/2007, 07:35 PM
Premium Member

Well, it's been fun.........

It was a great thread. It was "home" to me as I was setting up my tank and in the serious learning mode. I learned So much.

My tank is a year and a half old now. I've also gone through a few trials and tribulations. I also have bryopsis in the tank now. Showed up mysteriously about 4 months ago, and it is a royal pain. Hard to trim and can never seem to get all of it. Maybe that's the push I need to start the bigger tank.

Well, I'll be watching the other threads and hope to get down to the ARC once in awhile. And maybe stop by and see the "big" tank.