Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Trader Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/02/2007, 09:51 PM
Moved On

greystreet,warning

i traded with graystreet and he sent me pics of some of his best micros. and i sent hm pics of teh exact ones he was getting, he agreed. but when i got his frags , they were not even in any of his pics. i would be careful trading with him.
Old 08/02/2007, 09:54 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
did you contact him?

that sucks...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 08/02/2007, 10:41 PM
Moved On

I'm along for the ride Bebo...like i said in the other thread...I had one deal go bad and I'm going to look for the email correspondence right now to detail it...if it is the same guy he changed his username.
Old 08/02/2007, 10:47 PM
Moved On

here's my last email to him which was not replied to...I can only assume it's the same guy and he changed his username...editing his name in the emails..

hey XXXX, I'm sorry you're disappointed in the selections. I do understand. I did not look at the image you had made selections from...if you truly were not concerned about what I sent this would not be the case, so I guess it would have been better to be more specific. I actually thought I sent you a few nice pieces as I have only traded with 3 people to date. The only ones I was selective with were ones I did not have many polyps of... I have no problem at all sending you a few others as I will be having some more acans in the near future and the current ones are getting settled in to grow. I have way too many acans right now to be stingy about them so again, it's not a big deal at all to correct the situation. I just think for future trading with me or others it would be better to be specific about the selections. As for the ones I rec'd from you, yes, the ufo is nice, but the other 2 were just the regular run of the mill reds so I don't believe that I received superior micros in comparison to the purported inferior acans. I honestly did not care hence why I never expressed disappointment in the 2 reds..it's just not a big deal..again, just a point of contention I have with your note. No worries....my apologies.
thanks,
XXXXX-------------- Original message --------------

XXXXX

i did rec the two lord frags last week. they made the trip ok. but i have to be honest. im somewhat disappointed. these two were nothing from the pic you originally sent me. you asked me to select 6-7 choices. so i was hoping maybe 1 poly atleast from one of those choices. the two i have are just nothing compared to the ones in your pic or photobucket site. i sent three frags that displayed a lot more color than the two frags i recd. but i did tell you whatever is fine. so its on my own accord.

anyway i appreciate your efforts

take care
XXX
Old 08/02/2007, 10:54 PM
Moved On

okay, this is weird. I searched the name "geckotail" and in the same thread found the username for the guy I had the deal not go too well with "Embryoguy"
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=999249
Old 08/03/2007, 08:03 AM
RC Admin

I'm looking into this.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 08/04/2007, 11:19 PM
Premium Member

Seems geckotail is moved on so greystreet41's name is clear! Jut like I knew it would be.

Thanks Mike for getting to the bottom of this.