Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Trader Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/23/2007, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Watch for Mudskiper

I just got duped out of a $250.00 skimmer minus pump by this character. I sent everything like I said I would, and He sent his to someone else, instead of our arrangement. I want to know if I can pursue this in a legal matter, he basically stole from me. And the bad part about it, I NEVER DO ANYTHING SIGHT UNSEEN. well I guess my theroy , that there are still some good people out there just went out the door with mudskiper,

Last edited by smiller; 07/25/2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07/23/2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

also if anyone wants more info I have his name, address and Phone# just so you can steer clear
Old 07/24/2007, 06:04 AM
Reef Pimp

Hey Friend. What was the trade that was agreed upon between you 2? There are a few option you have available to you depending on how much you want to go after him. First and foremost I hope that you saved every correspondence between the 2 of you. Second your going to have to come to a determination on if he sent it to the wrong place by accident, or if it was part of his master plan. Depending on how you sent the stuff to him, you can get the carrier involved...i.e...if you 2 used the USPS then the crime he committed if it sticks would be a federal one at that. I need more info on the total situation to know where to go from here, and how to go there. Also...send me his info if you wouldn't mind!
Old 07/25/2007, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

A PUBLIC APOLOGY

This is to Mudskiper, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused. The package arrived today. This has been an experience that I do not think I'll repeat. Due to no fault of mudskiper, my package arrived at the disposal of USPS.
3 weeks ago mudskiper had posted he was looking for a good skimmer to trade for an aqua medic halide light, which I was looking for(upgrading system). Well we got in touch with each other to hash out the detail, stating that this is the first time either of us had done any trading on RC, and was not either of or intentions to burn one another.. That friday night I packaged up the skimmer.
Saturday morning I got up and called mudskiper to confirm thar the light was on its way, which he stated it was and gave me a confirmation #(USPS does not do conformations anymore unless it's certified mail It's called delivery confirmation). I went to post office and paid $23.00 insured and mailed package. all was good in a week or so I would have light and mudskiper would have skimmer or so it seemed..
Mudskiper send me a pm tuesday of the next week saying that he had recieved the skimmer, kind of wierd since P.O said it would take up to 6 to 10 day, where was my package?
I get in contact with mudskiper and he tracks it to Hazelwood MO.Well for the next few days I keep an eye on the package and it stays in hazelwood I start to get concerned.
During this whole time I keep in contact with mudskiper, still no package, and now I have people saying I told you so, so it's time to react.
I go to Trader Feed Back to see if anyone else had any dealings with this individual, and that is when I come across a trhead by Stixbaraca(hope I spelled that right) who happens to be a policeman and who happened to have been burned recently. Things kind of escalated from there, but an investigation insued by all those involved and the package was found. why the post office took its time I will never know( I have lost all confindence in the USPS) Mudskiper, hope you can forgive me for any distress I might have caused.
Old 07/26/2007, 04:17 AM
Reef Pimp

...and the thing that helped move it along and solve it happened to be just a little communication!
Old 07/26/2007, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

FriendorFoe thank you for the apology. I dont think that i will ever use usps again for anything important
Old 07/26/2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

neither will I