Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society (OMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/31/2007, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Aquarium Oddballs Kudos

Nothing better than getting some fishies for Christmas.

Christmas Eve I picked up (2) seahorses and (2) 4 Wheel Drive Goby's (2 spot goby's) for a seahorse tank i was setting up for my wife. Scott and Jena helped me pack them in a styrofoam boxes so i could wrap them and give them to her that night.

Wife was thrilled, she watches those seahorses everyday.

Made another trip into AQ Oddballs, this sunday.

Good people, scott and jena.

Hope everyone has a great, and safe new year.

If your not doing anything right now, grab that bucket and give me a hand.
Old 12/31/2007, 10:16 PM
Premium Member

Is Scott still giving away free frags for everyone that says somethign nice about his shop? If so, put me in line. JK, They have a great store and even less competition in Tulsa now!
Old 01/01/2008, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

What a way to start the new year! Thanks for all the kind words. We hope to be even better in the new Year. Less competition.... Yes but we were sad to see Shane go. Great guy,and a super nice store we shopped at UR before we opened.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
THE ODDBALLS
Old 01/10/2008, 11:27 AM
master of junk mail

Quote:
Originally posted by jaugat
Is Scott still giving away free frags for everyone that says somethign nice about his shop? If so, put me in line.
Shhh, that's supposed to be on the D.L.!
Old 01/10/2008, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oddballs
What a way to start the new year! Thanks for all the kind words. We hope to be even better in the new Year. Less competition.... Yes but we were sad to see Shane go. Great guy,and a super nice store we shopped at UR before we opened.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
THE ODDBALLS
Is Ultimate reefs going out of business??
Old 01/10/2008, 11:45 AM
My Life for Aiur!

They are already out of business; on the store front end. Shane will still be doing maintenance though.
Old 01/10/2008, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis L. Stevens
They are already out of business; on the store front end. Shane will still be doing maintenance though.
Wow when did this happen? I was in there about a month ago. Anyone know why? The store is currently not selling anything?
Old 01/10/2008, 12:07 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Shane decided to stop the retail side of it in light of the storms. It was just the last straw. This works out for him better now that he can spend more time at home with his family and even go to club meetings. He had a big smile on his face when I saw him, and I haven't seen him smile like that in a long time. I think he's happy to have the burden off his shoulders. As of Saturday, they were pretty much picked clean and they were already dismantling the coral tanks. The fish system was already gone. I managed to get a last minute deal on some odds and ends at 75% off. Got a new MagFloat, a mesh bag, and something else. I would assume by today being Thursday, the entire store is completely empty as we speak.
Old 01/10/2008, 01:27 PM
The Clownfish COP

I noticed Monday night that the store is empty except for the dry goods shelves. I could of sent a bunch of money his way if he only returned/took phone calls. Well more money for me to spend at the stores that are still open.
Old 01/10/2008, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

BRING IT COPPER!!!!! Got some cool clowns - ooops should've given a frag for that comment.