Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/24/2005, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Iwaki MD70RLT

in new condition never seen salt water

Old 04/24/2005, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

sent pm
Old 04/24/2005, 04:08 PM
Premium Member

Have to pass, Thanks for the reply.
Old 04/24/2005, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

sold
Thanks
Old 05/06/2005, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

Well, I got scammed . Here's the proof. Got the pump all hooked up plugged it in and it sounded like a sick cat. I immediately took it off, disassembled it, and this is what I found.

Everything inside the pump is warped and won't even seel. It blows microbubbles like a skimmer.

On top of the pump being junk..Probably from being run dry and fried.. It isn't even the pump listed. It's an RLZT rated at 600gph not the 1500 that an RLT is rated at. NOTICE THE TITLE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

Here's his reply to my PM asking for a refund as I wasn't sold what was listed/

Quote from rtwoody4:
I don't know what problems your having with the pump #1 I clearly stated what pump it was I gave you pictures of the box and pump #2 It was working perfect when I shipped it to you. I am not going to give you money back for a pump that was practically new and working fine. Was the box damaged or anything. I have sold many things on this board and never had one problem. I don't see how you expected me to give your money back and be out the pump to

Looks to me like he fried the pump, bought a new one, cleaned this one up and threw it in the new box. I'm not stupid, I got scammed. Watch out for this guy. You can't tell me UPS burned up the inside of this pump when they shipped it. The box was perfect. This happens from running it dry!! I wouldn't want it even if it worked. What good is 600 GPH? Why do they even sell these??

Last edited by HOC; 05/06/2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05/06/2005, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

If you paid with paypal, claim your money. He sold you a wrong product "RLZT" instead of "RLT". When you claim for your money back with paypal, give them this link so they can see it. They'll get the money back for you. Good luck.
Old 05/06/2005, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

yeah, UPS runs a lot of pumps dry...they get them outof the box and burn them up...what an A-HOLE...dude should be shot for that IMO.
Old 05/06/2005, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

I see in looking at the thread that I wrote the wrong # down but I took three pictures of the pump and in all three it clearly showed the model # this was a mistake
You got this pump around two weeks ago You said every thing was great left me possitive feedback here is a copy of your feedback
rtwoody4 good seller
Pump was just as described. Shipped out when promised. Very good seller! Thanks!!

Current Tanks: 360 Gal SPS, 280 Gal table tank, 700 Gal under construction
Interests: huh

now it fried. I don't wan't to accuse you of anything but it worked perfectly when I sold it to you.
Now because I did write down the model # wrong even thow I clearly showed 3 pictures of the pump with the correct # on the pump and box In no way trying to decieve you . I'm willing to pay half of the repair for the pump
Again The only reason I'm doing this is because of the mis type in the original post. It was in perfect working condition when I ship it to you
Old 05/06/2005, 11:06 PM
Premium Member

As you can see by my tank descriptions I have several projects going. This pump sat until today. It is very convenient to blame this on me. Still the wrong pump, I wouldn't want it if it worked. If I had noticed this last week when I got it I would have spoken up then. I offered to send you the pump at my cost if you return my money.
Old 05/06/2005, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

kinda shady man.....
Old 05/06/2005, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

Ya, I offered to return it at my expense. Which is stupid of me, I just want the money back. I will say it "looks" brand new.
Old 05/06/2005, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

if you paid through paypal....use their security center...they'll make it right. I got hosed on a skimmer off of eBay and they got me back all my cash, it took 2 months, but hell I got my $ back
Old 05/06/2005, 11:16 PM
Premium Member

It says right on the site for that "and if you purchased it off ebay" making it sound like you have to buy off ebay for them to care. Anybody have experience with this?? You don't get much more blatant than this. This is fraud.
Old 05/06/2005, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

dude, if you used paypals service then they'll warrant your purchase..if not it's up to the seller to give it back...payapl will do you right
Old 05/06/2005, 11:50 PM
Tiny Miracles.

I think the seller should refund all of your money as it is clearly not the product that was advertised.
Old 05/07/2005, 12:01 AM
Premium Member

Me too
Like this stuff isn't expensive enough.
It does have a max head height of over 60 feet. Anybody need to push 600 GPH from the basement of an aparment building to the roof?...Ya didn't think so. What is the purpose of this thing?

I'll be giving Paypal a dingaling.
Old 05/07/2005, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

HOC
Please make sure you post in the Buyer/Seller Feedback as well. Might save someone else from getting burned.
Old 05/09/2005, 12:29 PM

Just the fact that he didnt send you what he advertised is grounds for a refund. I hope you get your money back.

billpa
Old 05/09/2005, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Seller should refund 100% including shipping costs both ways, he misrepresented the product. Sorry, but saying the description was just written wrong as a mistake doesn't fix the problem.

A minor difference in the model number makes a huge difference, what if you bought a car with a 3.0l engine, but you later found out it was a 2.5l, how would you feel that the seller misrepresented the product? I'd be bloody fuming!

Bad Karma, I hope your tank RTNs..

jb
Old 05/09/2005, 02:55 PM
Premium Member

Thanks guys, your making me feel a little better. He has no intensions of doing anything. He's trying to say I fried the pump, but It sounded sick from the start. I have another one, I know how they sound. It's a pretty good game though. Stick a fried pump in a new pump box. Sell it, then tell the guy you sold it to he fried it. Heck I'd fix it if it was worth anything, but as it stands it isn't even worth the money for the part. An RLT would be..

Really makes me not want to buy anything here ever again. It's sad. I've got $650 worth of stuff being shipped from someone else. I know I wouldn't have bought it if I had known about this. I'm freaking out that it may be the same way.
Old 05/09/2005, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

This is a bunch of BS you and I know the pump was in new condition when I sold it to you. I have been a member of this board since June 2001 and have bough and sold many things with out a problem why in the world would I try to sell a fried pump its not like I come on here for two weeks and sell something and never return to this forum.
I am very ****ed that you are trashing my reputation just to get a new pump that you fried!!
If the pump was fried when you u received it then why did you give me positive feedback and don't say you just noticed it when you hooked it up by the looks of the thing i doubt the shaft even turned and it would have smelled like burned rubber
you try and get people to think that it was this big conspiracy
to rip you off Whats would be the point so I have to go through this BS

Heres your oringnal feedback on the pump

Premium Member

rtwoody4 good seller
Pump was just as described. Shipped out when promised. Very good seller! Thanks!!
Old 05/09/2005, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

Well paypal is no help. Contacting an attorney.

RTwoody4..Why do you keep posting that? It isn't even the right pump!! You will lose in court. I can't prove that you fried it, but I can sure prove it isn't what i ordered.
Old 05/09/2005, 03:45 PM

Either way, the pump was not what you advertised. Forget all the stuff about the pump frying or whatever. You advertised RLT and sent him a Z. Right there you should be refunding his money. I dont care how long you have been on the boards, thats scamming someone...whether intentional or not.
Old 05/09/2005, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

sound like the seller has a bad case of being a dick head and not returning the money. I think the majority of us are short on money as it is...we dont dick's like this guy ripping people off, that's what eBay is for. Woody said something about us ruining his reputation...you ruined it yourself by not being straight up with the buyer. Treat the buyer like you would want to be treated in that situation.
Old 05/09/2005, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

I would take the pump back in a second if it wasn't fried!!
send the pump back to me the way it was when I shipped it (working) and I will gladly refunded his money plus shipping.
If I was trying to misrepresent what pump it was why would I post a close up picture of the model and head # on the pumps exterior.