Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment

Old 12/15/2003, 10:27 PM
RC Mod

I am typing the list of on hands and inbounds now......There is not much left

That is what I get for Christmas shopping while waiting on the meter

Last edited by traveller7; 12/15/2003 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12/17/2003, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Beware!!!

My fellow reefers, I am sorry I have to do this, but I really feel it is necessary.
It makes me very mad to see scammers operating, thinking they can get away with it. 'Wedfr' is a scammer, and that is the truth, beware!!! The evidence has been mounting, and I will now present it:

Wedfr has many aliases through out the reefing community.
wedfr
MDLR1
ReefCurrents
and who knows how many more.

This thread exposes 'wedfr' as 'MDLR1'. This is what happens when you are not careful with logging out.
wedfr as MDLR1

Notice on this very own thread he has posted as MDLR1 supporting wedfr. Kind of shady isn't it? :

He even offers to donate money to his own cause to get you guys thinking there are contributors. (page 5 of this thread)
Quote:
id be in for a few dollars as well

Trying to keep the thread alive. Like he doesn't know what is going on with the account.... (page 6 of this thread)
Quote:
so whats going on with the account?

This thread, it looks like two guys might be out some money purchasing from MDLR1 (a.k.a. wedfr). It is also mentioned in this thread the email for one of his other aliases (ReefCurrents) :
two guys out some money

This thread on manhattanreefs.com, actually has wedfr admitting he is ReefCurrents, fabricating his own protein skimmers. But at the same time, he is on this board as MDLR1, trying to sell a ReefCurrents protein skimmer to people, telling them it was bought. I guess the reason is because he would like to dump his trash and get a Euroreef (also stated in another post) But lying is not the way around it :
Admission

This thread shows another possible scam at work, but luckily another good hearted, caring reefer pointed it out :
Another possible scam??

There is plenty of evidence out there my fellow reefers. Just use the search button and you will see yourself. For those that have donated money already, I hope you can get it back.

Last edited by ExtremeReefer; 12/17/2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12/17/2003, 07:03 PM
RC Mod

Re: Beware!!!

In your research you appear to have missed:
Quote:
Originally posted by traveller7
Wedfr,

I got an email from paypal saying you refunded the donation...........
Scott
Quote:
Originally posted by ExtremeReefer
..........For those that have donated money already, I hope you can get it back.
Money was sent back without even asking for it. In the future please add the above fact to the pile of evidence.
Old 12/17/2003, 07:13 PM
Moved On

i dint know there was somethign wrong iwth having more then one name, i postd under th ewrong one once or twice and went back and edited it.since they wont let me delete so i tried to just put something that realy had no impact on the thread.

As posted everyoen got ther emoney back

why are you being such a loser about this. i didnt screw anyoen over, i never intended to. its liek yoru trying to prove a point that already been proven theother way. Just end it already PLEASE for eveyones sake
Old 12/17/2003, 07:19 PM
Premium Member

ExtremeReefer, please give it a rest. Wedfr refunded my money ($50) already. I don't know why he did that. I was hoping that he would continue with the study. I just received an Apogee quantum meter last week, and I was going to send it to him so that he could use it for this study.

Wedfr, please let me know if I can help in the future.
Old 12/17/2003, 07:35 PM
Moved On

xmodius, Im going to let this rest for a while, and have JBNY finish his up and traveller get his done. ONce they are finsihed and if either one or someone ele doesnt start up teh 250DE ill give it another go.

Thank you for the offer and contribution and if i do plan on giving in another try ill definatly be in touch
Old 12/17/2003, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Well, darnit. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 12/17/2003, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

Wedfr,

I'm getting in those 250W DE Radiums you were asking me for in next week hopefully. So I'll have them in stock when you decide to give it another shot.
Old 12/17/2003, 09:26 PM
Moved On

Reeftropicals: sent you an email
Old 12/18/2003, 08:35 AM
sweeeet!!

Wedfr, Mdlr1, ReefCurrents, or who ever, I paid you for a GenX pump on Dec. 13th, 2003. I have received nothing from you. I have sent e-mails to all three of you, as well as Danny DeNoia and Micheal Jurkowich. I simply want what I paid for. I don't know what beef anyone else has with you, but I certainly don't take this lightly. Xmodius, I will give it a rest when I receive a refund or the pump. Sorry to barge in on this thread.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 12/18/2003, 12:13 PM
West Coast reefin'

Until further review is taken with wedfr and his posting habits I am going to lock this thread. Before it gets out of hand.

Xmodius,

I'd hold off on giving wedfr your meter. Until all the facts are straightened out.

Beauty fades....
Stupid is forever......

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)