Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/26/2003, 01:36 AM
Sumthin's ain't right!

wedfr - waiting....still waiting

I need to get wedfr ' s (Danny's) attention. Please respond to my many PM's and my voicemails I left on your cell phone number. If not, I will take all the proper steps in order for you to rectify this issue. I will not disclose any information to anyone unless you continue to ignore me. I have saved all PM's that transpired between us. Please save both of us any further grief. This is concerning the Genx 6000 and the sedra 20000. I rather not display this issue publicly. I just want my pumps or my money back.

-John
Old 08/26/2003, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Heres a bump in hoping you get this resolved.

Go hang a salami im a lasagna hoG
Old 08/26/2003, 01:37 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Hi Danny (wedfr), have you ever heard of Joe Cippollo from Chicago?
Old 08/26/2003, 01:38 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Quote:
Originally posted by Puterguru
Heres a bump in hoping you get this resolved.
Thanks puterguru!!!
Old 08/26/2003, 04:32 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

If anyone has dealt with a Daniel Denoia from New York please PM me. His email is wedfr@nyc.rr.com
His screen name for RC is wedfr
Thanks
-John
Old 08/26/2003, 04:47 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Just an update. Right now, I am disputing the transaction through paypal and my credit card company.
-John
Old 08/27/2003, 03:35 PM
Moved On

I came back from a short buisness trip to find this along with other posts here on RC, a mailbox full of PM's Voicemails and phone calls at 2:30 in the morning on my phone from this guy as well as a complaint on paypal and a reverse of charges pending.

Payment was only made by him 14 days ago today and was told that i wouldnt be able to ship for a week when a replacement pump was delivered to me. The pump came late and i had to go away for a few days. I think this post along with all the others and especially the phone calls are completly inaproprate. Sorry i got the pumps out late but it was only by a few days. I This puts an end to everything and everyone on RC can see this for what it is.

I hope the moderators can do something about this as well. Being able to trash someones name like this should not be allowed. If he wants to post some bad feedback for me in the buyers forum thats his thing but this is out of hand.

Im posting this same responce in the other threads hes posted in about me
Old 08/27/2003, 03:40 PM
Loan Shark Willy

i hooked up with danny to buy a remora pro from him. before he shipped it, i had a change in my tank plans and could no longer use the skimmer. wihtout questions, danny helped me out by putting the skimmer back on the market and sending me a refund when it was sold.

danny is a stand up kind of guy.....a little patience goes a long long way.
Old 08/27/2003, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

Positive feedback for wedfr

I have also done business with wedfr (Danny), I received my product quickly and without any problems, I even got pm'd to find out if it arrived ok ... Its a shame that miscommunication can cause this type of situation.
Old 08/27/2003, 05:04 PM
Moved On

i just wanted to thank the guys who stepped in here and let poeple know how i conduct buisness.

Thanks guys i appreciate it

Danny
Old 08/27/2003, 05:38 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Quote:
Originally posted by wedfr
Payment was only made by him 14 days ago today and was told that i wouldnt be able to ship for a week when a replacement pump was delivered to me.
That's 2 weeks, Danny. If it takes anyone that long to ship an item, they should be banned from ever selling anything.

Quote:
I think this post along with all the others and especially the phone calls are completly inaproprate. Sorry i got the pumps out late but it was only by a few days. I This puts an end to everything and everyone on RC can see this for what it is.
Danny, imagine you are trying to get someone to send merchandise that was already paid for, and all voicemails, emails, PM's been ignored since the 08/21. (I sound like a broken record). The pumps went out??? When? Where is the tracking number and what was the shipping method?

Everyone, I have not received the pumps yet. I wonder if "everyone on RC sees it for what it is."

Hey Danny, I was trying my best not to disclose the facts, but I guess you give me no choice.

First of all, as stated in my original post, I am not out to damage anyone's name at all. I just want the merchandise or my money back. I just wanted to get to the bottom of it. How would anyone feel if your calls and PM's went unanswered since, but yet you saw that person posted since then?

It is funny how that after I have threatened to have the charges reversed that you finally reply. How can you been out of town when you posted on RC since then?

Put yourself in my shoes. You stated that you would send out the pumps Monday of last week. After I called you on Thursday stated that the pumps went out "yesterday" already and that you will send me the tracking number that night. Since then no calls, PM's, emails not anything. Let me ask you this, "Have you sent the pumps yet?" Also, How is that you been out of town but yet ignore my PM on 08/21 that I sent to you, but yet posted on RC on 08/25 in another thread???

I know for sure that the number I have is your cell phone number, you could have checked your voicemail and replied back to me. The only time I got in touch with you, were you not "at your friend's place?" My question is that why did you not get in touch with me at all since then? Why is that only after trying to reverse the charge am I getting your attention?

Where is the tracking number, Danny? When will I get my pumps "as promised?" When you do business with anyone, you only have your word. You never let me know what was going, I was the one that had to call you and PM you to get you to ship it. But yet until now, you have not even shipped it yet.

-John

P.S. feel free to call me, I have sent my phone number to you on your voicemails, PM's and emails.
Old 08/27/2003, 05:49 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Hi Danny,
Just got the tracking number that you sent to me via paypal/email. Guess what I got when I tried to track it on UPS tracking site:

Track by Tracking Number
Track by Tracking Number

Unable to track shipment "1Z 5AR 108 03 0005 151 6".

We could not find information for this Tracking Number. Make sure the Tracking Number is correct and try again. (1044)

Danny, when you told me last week that you sent it out "yesterday, and I will send you the tracking number tonight." Was that a lie? I do not understand. Let's show all of RC what this actually IS.

Danny, I do not have aproblem with disclosing all of these FACTS!!!

Yours truly,
John
P.S. feel free to call me or if you wish I can call you and straighten this out.
Old 08/27/2003, 06:01 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

This is an example of what I have been telling everyone that PM'ed about Danny since yesterday.

A member wrote:

Dealing with Wedfr
Hey I just recently bought a skimmer off him and had no problems at all. He promptly sent me my item was very quick to respond to my pm's. He was very honest with me and I am sure there is a good reason why you haven't heard from him.

I replied:
Hi, yes I understand the fact that he has dealt with many others but everything went fine. That's why I am giving him the chance to rectify the issue. I paid him via paypal on the 08/13/03. Since then he stated that he will send me the pumps the following Monday. i waited until the Thursday to call him, he stated the pumps went out "yesterday" already. He states that he will send me the tracking number, but no call or emails. He has posted on reefcentral since then. I have seen him online many times since then, yet he continues to ignore my pm's, emails and voicemails. If he rectifies this issue, I will gladly post the results. I am not out to ruin his name or anything of that matter. I just want the merchandise or the money back. no questions asked. Thanks.
-John
Old 08/27/2003, 06:21 PM
Moved On

CALM DOWN!!! You say you dont want to make it public and then in teh same post you make it public. Also Say what you want to say and end it i get 4 posts and PM's form you i dont even knwo where to begin.

I sent you the tracking numuber. It was sent out today.
he reason you got a responce today was because i got back late last night.

I dont know about you but more then one person uses this computer RC is my homepage so anytime anyone comes online i get signed on. I also had some buisness dealings with another person that needed to be responded to ASAP and had my brother open and respond to it, i dont feel like i have to explain myself to your every issue but like you siad youve made it public. So id like to answer in public. From now on i think it would be bettter if we dealt iwth PM's or emails.

Ive heard form several people about you saying what a big PITA you are and i just have to agree. My reputation on here speaks for itself youll not find anyone who is unhappy with me. I got yoru pumps out a few days late sorry about that sometimes things dont work out the way they are suposed.

I hope the moderators close these threads i dont want anythign turnign into a big fight or a slamming contest. Im assuming this shoudl take care of everything if not send me a PM and we will take care of it. If its just you complaining about something please save it i have mailboxes full of your crap i dont need anymore.
Old 08/27/2003, 06:56 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Quote:
CALM DOWN!!! You say you dont want to make it public and then in teh same post you make it public. Also Say what you want to say and end it i get 4 posts and PM's form you i dont even knwo where to begin.
The reason that I took this public was the fact that you sent me two interesting PM's that offended my character.

Quote:
I sent you the tracking numuber. It was sent out today.
he reason you got a responce today was because i got back late last night.
Just today huh? Hmmm, so you did indeed lie to me over the phone.

Quote:
I dont know about you but more then one person uses this computer RC is my homepage so anytime anyone comes online i get signed on.
That is understandable.

Quote:
I also had some buisness dealings with another person that needed to be responded to ASAP and had my brother open and respond to it, i dont feel like i have to explain myself to your every issue but like you siad youve made it public. So id like to answer in public. From now on i think it would be bettter if we dealt iwth PM's or emails.
Okay, from now on (after this post) we will deal with it in PM's. Just one question, your brother responded to the other business dealings, why didn't you tell him to respond to our business dealing?

Quote:
Ive heard form several people about you saying what a big PITA you are and i just have to agree. My reputation on here speaks for itself youll not find anyone who is unhappy with me.
I'm a PITA huh? I have only bought items from two other people on RC before you. A $450 skimmer euro-reef 12-2 from 2002sod and $200 frag and ric pack from va_reefman. Ask them how those transactions went. I take it that you are just saying this to save face. Please let me and RC know who these people are?

Quote:
I got yoru pumps out a few days late sorry about that sometimes things dont work out the way they are suposed.
"Few days" is an understatement. You should have let me know that "things don't work out," instead of ignoring me.

Quote:
I hope the moderators close these threads i dont want anythign turnign into a big fight or a slamming contest.
I honestly do not think the mods will close this thread, because it is posted in the proper forum and contains the proper subject matter. I honestly think that it really worked in its' intent, hopefully. And also, I have not yet received my merchandise as promised.

Quote:
Im assuming this shoudl take care of everything if not send me a PM and we will take care of it. If its just you complaining about something please save it i have mailboxes full of your crap i dont need anymore.
Your mailbox is full of my "crap." Hmmm, why is it "crap" when I am trying to get my merchandise that I paid for? It was not "crap" when you were trying to sell the merchandise to me.

In conclusion:
Reason I posted this thread and others ==== your fault.
Reason you lied to me that you shipped it out last week ==== your fault.
Reason that you got a mailbox full of my "crap" ==== your fault.
Reason the reversal still pending in paypal ==== your fault.
Reason that I still have yet to receive the merchandise ==== your fault.

It's amazing what a little public persuasion can do.

-John
Old 08/27/2003, 07:47 PM
Moved On

this is waht im talking about, anyway if you would just do things in a civil manner, you get the explanation for retty much everything. Like i said i dont really feel the need to justify who uses my computer and for what reasons and what buisness issues get taken care of.

I never lied to you. All ive done is not be here to take yoru messages or PM's for a few days. You went way overboard

When you called i believed you were someone else in your paypal your name is Thuy when you called on the phone you said yoru name was john. An obvious misunderstanding. I was a little takin by surprise by the phone call and shoudl have gotten a little more info form you but i was assuming it was someone else for a differnt pump. I can explain a little further in a PM if youd like although its not really that important. But id rather not have all my buisness delaings put out in a public forum.

Like i said if you have a resonably question and are not going to make it a 4 page rmable of complaining id be happy to talk to you just lets do it with PM or Emails.
Old 08/27/2003, 07:52 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Okay agreed. Please send me a PM regarding the pakcage being sent and confirm the tracking number. As I stated from the beginning, I just want the merchandise or my money back. Period.
Old 08/27/2003, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

Here's my 2 cents if anyone cares.

When I give someone my hard earned cash I expect Great Customer Service whether its an individual or a company. At the very least I expect what I paid for.

wedfr: "The pump came late and i had to go away for a few days"

How long would it have taken to fire off an email to say "Hey I have to leave for a few days and the pump is late, promise to get back to you soon. Thanks. After all you did have HIS money.

wedfr: "I also had some business dealings with another person that needed to be responded to ASAP and had my brother open and respond to it.

Why is it that Denzo did not deserve the same consideration, it was a Deal and after all you did have HIS money.

I can't tell you how many people I have bought stuff from on the Internet and there is ALWAYS an excuse.
Sorry didn't send it out today but will soon
UPS didn't give me a tracking #
I shipped it USPS but it looks like they have lost it.
And on and on and on.

I haven't purchased anything from people in a long time because of those people who did not understand or didn't care that they have MY money.

My 2 cents.

Old 08/27/2003, 11:27 PM
Moved On

listen ive sold quite a few things here on RC, most of the time i get things out within a day sometimes the same day. It depends on if i have time to or not. Your buying used equipment form a private person this isnt there professional buisness where all they do all day is ship out goods.

If you need that kind of service then pay retail and go to a store or mailorder. Otherwise you need to be a little flexible on the service thats not what peopel are here for, they are here to recoup a little of their cash and help other people save a little of theirs. Not to have their lives turned upsidedown and put on hold to get a package to UPS the next day.
Old 08/28/2003, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

If "your life is going to be turned upside, and your life is going to be put on hold" all from just selling a part then...
Maybe you shouldn't be selling it???????

I've shipped quite a few things out, my life hasn't turned upside down yet? Sending an email hasn't put my life on hold?

Maybe you should reconsider selling items if they cause that much of a problem in your life?

Old 08/28/2003, 08:09 AM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Just an update

Track by Tracking Number
View Details

[ On-Time ]
Scheduled Delivery: Sep 3, 2003

Shipped to: BILOXI, MS, US
Shipped or Billed on: Aug 27, 2003

Tracking Number: 1Z 5AR 108 03 0005 151 6
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 16.60 Lbs

Package Progress:

Date Time Location Activity

Aug 27, 2003 8:28 P.M. MASPETH, NY, US ORIGIN SCAN
7:06 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Aug 28, 2003 8:58 A.M. Eastern Time (USA)

I feel that wedfr (Danny) has tried to rectify this whole issue. I will keep this thread updated when I receive the pumps next week.

-John
Old 08/28/2003, 10:58 AM
Sumthin's ain't right!

PuterGuru, thanks for being a very considerate buyer. It is greatly appreciated. As I said, rather than stooping to a lower level and start bashing one another, I rather that he take the steps in order to rectify this issue. That was my main objective in this thread.

PuterGuru, thanks for the bumps!!
Old 09/04/2003, 05:24 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

I just received the pumps yesterday. I just wanted to let everyone know that wedfr tried to rectify the issue, but I still thought that it was very much delayed. From the time I paid him through paypal until the time I received the merchandise was exactly 3 weeks.

But the bottom line was the fact that I did receive the pumps, but I have yet to test the pumps out.

Consider this issue closed.

John