Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/20/2007, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

FS: 150g reef setup - $1500

Hi all,

It's been a very very long time since I've been on RC. New employment and a new direction has moved me away from the hobby unfortunately. I may also be relocating in the coming months so I am trying to get a head start to move out my setup. Here are some quick details, followed by pictures, and some caveats at the end.
  • 150g Tru Vu tank, 60" x 24" x 24". Black back, 1 corner overflow (left). Dry box / pass through behind overflow.
  • 30" tall stand and 12" canopy. Black lacquered with birds eye maple doors on the stand, and birds eye maple lid on the canopy.
  • 60" Hamilton light system (not retro). 3x250W 14k MHs and 2 x140W VHO actinics, 2 fans, hammertone reflector.
  • Euro Reef CS8-1 skimmer.
  • Iwaki WMD40RLT pump.
  • 2x 3/4" sea swirls with eductors. Assume only 1 works, other damaged.
  • Several Ebo Jaeger heaters, misc powerheads, pumps, cleaning supplies, chemicals, etc.

The pictures below show the tank days before I shut it down. The LR and all livestock have already been given away. I still have sand in there and if you would like it, you can have it.

OK, and now the caveats, part by part:
  • On the Hamilton light: the VHOs currently don't work. Several potential reasons are: 1) End cap(s) broke / rusted and needs to be replaced. 2) One of the bulbs are burnt out, and if I recall, both VHOs only fire if both bulbs work. 3) Possibility it's the IceCap ballast.
  • The Hamilton light has been partially disassembled to fit inside the canopy. I took the ends off the light system and screwed the fans and VHO end caps into the canopy. I have the parts to put the light back together, just a few metal brackets.
  • Again on the light... and a weird one: There is a masterlock padlock around the cables. Long story short: there were people breaking into my house to steal aquarium equipment, twice (no really, it happened - there was a huge thread in general discussion about it, and the legitimacy of it). So I had these lights locked to my stand. Murphy's law, I've lost the key, so there's now a padlock around the cables. It can be cut off, or just leave it on there... It doesn't do anything now but full disclosure to you.
  • Misalignment on the doors on the stand. These can be adjusted and you can see it in the pictures.
  • One of the sea swirls is damaged. Assume it does not work but if you want to fix it you can try... Water dripped down into the power strip where the SS was plugged in (my mistake), and it was not plugged into my GFCI (my bigger mistake), and it melted the plug. You can try putting a new plug on and see if it works, but I wouldn't.

The tank is in great condition. There are 2 holes drilled on top for the sea swirls, but otherwise in fine shape. No scratches from the sand and cleaning. It has large openings on the top and huge pieces of rock can fit through there.

Similarly, the rest of the equipment is in great shape. Skimmer works just fine, as does the Iwaki. Starts every time and just runs and runs.

The issues are listed above and I really can't think of any other things to list which are problematic, but if there are I will surely add it to this thread for full disclosure.

The tank is in the East Bay, in Dublin, and will probably take some coordination with the buyer to pick up. PM me and I'll get back to you if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Brian.
Euroreef CS8-1
Iwaki 40RLT to 2x3/4" Seaswirls with eductors
Old 01/06/2008, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

ttt just once...
Euroreef CS8-1
Old 01/07/2008, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

I'm interested in your misc. equipment for my quarantine tank.

What watt Ebo heaters do you have?
Which powerheads?
What other misc. equipment do you have?
Prices?

I"m in Dublin myself, so can pick up.

Thanks
Old 01/07/2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

I received some PMs with interest in some items and will keep those people in line, barring that nobody picks up the whole setup as one. Sounds like my pricing is high from the PMs I have received too, so dropping the price to $1300 for the whole setup.

There seems to be more interest in members picking up parts of this whole setup, and I don't mind doing that even though I do want to just "unload" the whole setup to 1 person. Regardless, if it makes the sale easier to part it out, then let me post with prices of individual equipment. I think the prices are reasonable but maybe some other members think otherwise. If they are too high, please let me know and make an offer that you find reasonable.
  • Tank and stand and canopy sold together150g Tru Vu tank, 60" x 24" x 24". Black back, 1 corner overflow (left). Dry box / pass through behind overflow.
  • 30" tall stand and 12" canopy. Black lacquered with birds eye maple doors on the stand, and birds eye maple lid on the canopy. $650 (tank + stand + canopy)
  • 60" Hamilton light system (not retro). 3x250W 14k MHs and 2 x140W VHO actinics, 2 fans, hammertone reflector. $450
  • Euro Reef CS8-1 skimmer. $200
  • Iwaki WMD40RLT pump. $50
  • 2x 3/4" sea swirls with eductors. Assume only 1 works, other damaged. $80
  • Several Ebo Jaeger heaters, misc powerheads, pumps, cleaning supplies, chemicals, etc. A few dollars separately but most of them will go with the tank, especially chemicals which might be hazardous to ship.

I know that the prices are more separately but I am just very much more inclined to sell the whole thing as one.
Euroreef CS8-1