Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/07/2007, 02:14 PM
Premium Member

FS Brand new in the box H&S A-200 2x1260 skimmer

I was going to use the H&S on my new setup when i get to Colorado next year but i am in the need of money. The protein skimmer cost $1599 without shipping cost.

The protein skimmer is brand new still in the box with two eheim pumps and the new style impeller. I am looking to get $1350 for it. I prefer pick up but willing to ship buyer pay for shipping and insurance.

H&S A-200 2x1260
Rate: 550g
heigh: 32"
Old 11/07/2007, 02:30 PM
Premium Member

Where are you located? Is this a insump skimmer?
Old 11/07/2007, 03:57 PM
Premium Member

It is an external recir protein skimmer. I live in westmisnter by Beach blvd...
Old 11/07/2007, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

I will be home around 7pm tonight for pick up... first come, first serve....
Old 11/07/2007, 07:52 PM
Premium Member

you can set this one up in the sum also. Just to let everybody know H&S skimmer price are going up due to the euro exchange. If you check the price on H&S skimmer on line you will see an increase so this is a killer deal.

I will trade my golf swing for your tyree frag.
Old 11/08/2007, 12:21 AM
Registered Member

Why must you lie to us?

Jar*head,

I have been following a few of your sales and have noticed repeated inconsistencies and outright lies in your description of certain FS items.

It's come to the point where I no longer think they are innocent/honest mistakes but false statements with full intent to mislead and scam our fellow socal reefers.

**Case in point: your "BRAND NEW STILL IN THE BOX" H&S A-200 2x1260 skimmer.

Did you not buy it USED from Aquarium Obsesed?

Here's the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1225264

It was used for 3 months and you are clearly trying to pass it off as something that was bought new.

Are you trying to unethically make a profit to hopefully pay back those people you owe quite a bit of money to.

**How about this one where you claimed to have bought the Bubble King 400 External for "$4000 shipped last November" ?

Here's the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

I was interested in buying your skimmer but eventually found out that you were not completely honest with the origin of the skimmer.

The truth was that you had paid for a pump seperately, then bought a broken skimmer body from Captive Ocean for xx amount

Here's the quote I got from Scott from Captive Ocean:

"As Steve said, he bought a pump only for a skimmer he was going to get built out there, then he found out we had a broken BK 400 for sale (body only), so he kept his pump and used it on this skimmer...

Scott"

And the thread at zeovit forum where it was posted:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9442

Jar*head, please clean up your acts.

I have gotten word that you have been removed from moderator's duty from Socali Reefs because you have bamboozled a few unsuspecting reefers. When will another socal reefer be another one of your victims?

It makes me wonder if anything you say is true anymore, including your frequent claims of being deported to Iraq, moving to a military base, and now moving to Colorado.

Is it just to manipulate people's feelings so you can take advantage of them? I know at least one person (Ladipyg) who gave you cash
because she thought you were a marine in need:

Thread: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

Does she know that you're just selling the Waveboxes that you got at WHOLESALE PRICES because you worked at Tong's in Fountain Valley? Also, you mentioned that Mikee and Sandman from Socali Reefs lent you money in this thread... should we ask them if they have gotten money back from you?

And you can stop posting that you are moving to Colorado in every thread because we all know that's most likely a lie, because why would a person who's moving to Colorado in 4-5 months is ordering a new 200+ gallon tank?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the lies and deceits must stop now, for the sake of gracious reefers to whom you have wronged in the past, and the future gullibles who could believe in your integrity.

Beware fellow socal reefers.

Retin

Last edited by retin78; 11/08/2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11/08/2007, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

ibtl :x
Old 11/08/2007, 01:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ezcompany
ibtl :x
what does it mean?
Old 11/08/2007, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

OWNED
Old 11/08/2007, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by F35-Joint Strike Fighter
what does it mean?
In before the lock.
Old 11/08/2007, 01:55 AM
Premium Member

Re: Why must you lie to us?

The protein skimmer i bought from Aquarium obsessed is the 1 pump H&S A-200. I bought that one for my friend.

The A-200 2x1260 is from David fliger. You can PM him and check...

**How about this one where you claimed to have bought the Bubble King 400 External for "$4000 shipped last November" ?

The Red dragon pumps i paid $1279 back in November. I was going modify to fit my Custom skimmer. But it doesn't workout.

Scott at Captive Ocean offer me the BK400 body with has minor cosmetic problem during the shipping but it doesn't leak. I bought it as the price of $2600 plus $125 for shipping to O.C aquatic. The pump was replaced by Captive Ocean early last year because it was the red dragon 2000. Scott replace it with Red dragon 2500.

I did stated on the FS thread. But it was professionally fixed by Loc01. I have been using it for a year now without any problem.

I don't know what you mean by i use for 3 months. For those who know me. I change my equipment alot. I want to try different thing to see what work best.

For those whom i owed the money, i already paid them back or in process of paying them back.

I have gotten word that you have been removed from moderator's duty from Socali Reefs because you have bamboozled a few unsuspecting reefers. When will another socal reefer be another one of your victims?

As far as this matter. I haven't been in Socalireef for a long time. Taking me off the moderator is normal. Honestly that forum don't need mod because there is no rules to enforce.

Does she know that you're just selling the Waveboxes that you got at WHOLESALE PRICES because you worked at Tong's in Fountain Valley? Also, you mentioned that Mikee and Sandman from Socali Reefs lent you money in this thread... should we ask them if they have gotten money back from you?

I did not get anything from Tong's at wholesale cost 15% if you are lucky. Consider, i stop working for him for a long time.

And you can stop posting that you are moving to Colorado in every thread because we all know that's most likely a lie, because why would a person who's moving to Colorado in 4-5 months is ordering a new 200+ gallon tank?

Do i need to explain to you about this? Nah....

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the lies and deceits must stop now, for the sake of gracious reefers to whom you have wronged in the past, and the future gullibles who could believe in your integrity.

I have been selling many many items in RC. I have not lies or cheat neither. I take full responsibility of my equipment.

Quote:
Originally posted by retin78
Jar*head,

I have been following a few of your sales and have noticed repeated inconsistencies and outright lies in your description of certain FS items.

It's come to the point where I no longer think they are innocent/honest mistakes but false statements with full intent to mislead and scam our fellow socal reefers.

Here's the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1225264

It was used for 3 months and you are clearly trying to pass it off as something that was bought new.

Are you trying to unethically make a profit to hopefully pay back those people you owe quite a bit of money to.

Here's the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

I was interested in buying your skimmer but eventually found out that you were not completely honest with the origin of the skimmer.

The truth was that you had paid for a pump seperately, then bought a broken skimmer body from Captive Ocean for xx amount

Here's the quote I got from Scott from Captive Ocean:

"As Steve said, he bought a pump only for a skimmer he was going to get built out there, then he found out we had a broken BK 400 for sale (body only), so he kept his pump and used it on this skimmer...

Scott"

And the thread at zeovit forum where it was posted:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9442

Jar*head, please clean up your acts.

It makes me wonder if anything you say is true anymore, including your frequent claims of being deported to Iraq, moving to a military base, and now moving to Colorado.

Is it just to manipulate people's feelings so you can take advantage of them? I know at least one person (Ladipyg) who gave you cash
because she thought you were a marine in need:

Thread: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

Retin
Old 11/08/2007, 01:58 AM
Moved On

Wow! It's so shadily.
Old 11/08/2007, 02:07 AM
Premium Member

So you can feel better. Here are the pic... Hopefully you will sleep well tonight. Does it look used to you.

Pumps

Now here is my offer to any RC member to come over my house and check. If you can proof this protein skimmer is used. You can have it for free. Freaking free. If not go pack sand........
Old 11/08/2007, 02:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateFrag
Wow! It's so shadily.
Must be one of your gang Tony.....
Old 11/08/2007, 03:22 AM
Registered Member

Im really just curious as to why this skimmer costs so much money, i don't care about all the nonsensical drama. Are the pumps some super special Ehiems ?

Looks like a normal 2 pump recirc skimmer...
Old 11/08/2007, 03:34 AM
Registered Member

That H&S looks fresher and cleaner than a brand new pair of all white Nike Air Force 1's right out the box!
Old 11/08/2007, 04:09 AM
Registered Member

Actually, on that first pump right at the union you can clearly see pink coraline, as well as a little bit of old skimate goo on the rim on the right side seam of the collection cup. I tried messing with the contrasts and such in photo shop to see if the purple effect was created by the flash, and its not.

its there in plain sight is all im saying. I dont know who either party is nor do i care
Old 11/08/2007, 09:21 AM
Sannin

Quote:
Originally posted by SirLight1337
Actually, on that first pump right at the union you can clearly see pink coraline, as well as a little bit of old skimate goo on the rim on the right side seam of the collection cup. I tried messing with the contrasts and such in photo shop to see if the purple effect was created by the flash, and its not.

its there in plain sight is all im saying. I dont know who either party is nor do i care
dude, I can't believe I didn't see that. You are good.

Whether there are people are out to get you or not, is not the point. If you got no skeletons in the closet, no one can accuse you of anything. This is shameful. I feel bad for all the people that sympathized and that had helped you out all this time.

Old 11/08/2007, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

I'm the buyer on this skimmer...I am picking up the skimmer later this morning so I will be able to clear up the issue regarding the condition of the skimmer. I do believe that stuff that sirlight described is glare...the only way that coraline would get on the union is if it was used as "in sump". If this was in sump, then the pumps would be submerged and the "Caution" sticker would peel off or leave nasty sticker glue...

I've never dealt with Jar Head in the past, so I can't say from experience, but I'm optimistic that this will be a smooth transaction...

Regardless, the price of the skimmer is still a great deal...I've checked the H&S website and the prices on these have increased.

I'll update everyone this afternoon.
Old 11/08/2007, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SirLight1337

Wow.. this is CSI Reefcentral. Nice photo forsenic analysis!!
Old 11/08/2007, 10:38 AM
Speeding!

edit

- Thomas Alva Edison

Last edited by jjb81speed; 11/08/2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11/08/2007, 11:06 AM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
Dude... retin is on it...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 11/08/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Old 11/08/2007, 11:36 AM
Reef slave

as the sand falls threw the hour glass so doe it go with the days of our lifes.... dramma central.

rob 408 good luck with your purchase wether is is new or newly used. it is a great skimmer.

maybee you guys need to put him on a polygraph test.
Old 11/08/2007, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

ok let me try to get this skimmer for free.

refer to the first pic, top left corner, the base of the skimmer is dirty, look like it has been running in the sump for a while. also look at the rubber band on the power cord from the Eihem, I dont think they use that ghetto rubber band to tie the wire, do they? if they do then this pump must be fake from china.

Go Angels.