Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/04/2007, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

Bermuda Rogue skimmer

Who is using them and what are your opinions regarding this HOB? How does it compare to the HOB already on the market, especially the Remora Pro w/ Mag 3?
Old 08/04/2007, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

one of the best if not the best HOB skimmers available
Old 08/04/2007, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

forgot....MUCH better than a remora of any kind
Old 08/04/2007, 10:00 PM
One Good Friend

There previous version was a killer hot skimmer. This one is supose to be better. Spoke with a guy who ordered one, and it will be there this week so hope to see his review soon.....finally!
Old 08/04/2007, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

luke33 please keep me posted on the performance. Thanks, mile.
Old 08/06/2007, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Anyone else use or know someone using this skimmer. Looking for reviews.
Old 08/06/2007, 11:05 AM
g l a s s b o x

i hear lots of plugs for it, but have yet to see anyone post saying they have used one, let alone seen one in person.

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 08/06/2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Thanks, looks like Man U is off to a good start with the win over Chelsea.
Old 08/06/2007, 11:20 AM
g l a s s b o x

yup, boring game all around though... while we're on the subject hehe i am not too fond of tevez...great player, just too many mind games. hopefully him and rooney can connect...maybe the next york-cole combo? (hey, i can dream right?)

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 08/06/2007, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Alot of moves in the Prem. Cant believe Henry went to Barcelona, too bad for Arsenal. Also Adu went to Benfica from the MLS. IMO the Prem is the best club league out there. Should be a good season.
Old 08/06/2007, 12:25 PM
One Good Friend

FWIW, i've seen the old hot skimmer in person, was very well built and it also skimmed a ER80 under the table. Thats why i figure this one would be much better but have only talked to one guy who is getting it in this week.
Old 08/12/2007, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

Bump it up from the back. More comments, feedback needed to make an informed decision about purchasing this skimmer.
Old 08/12/2007, 08:53 AM
clownfish fan

Kodyboy and Luke33 have never even seen a picture of rouge wave running? man thats weird all they do is reccomend it.

blindly i guess

most if not all skimmers will outperform a remora.

if you get it please take pics i would love to see some proof they work so well, since the guys reccomending it have never seen one.
Old 08/12/2007, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

ITS been said before we need photos of it skimming
Old 08/12/2007, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

I wasnt planning to be the guniea pig on this one. I dont want to waste the money on useless equip.
Old 08/12/2007, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

I previously owned the hang-on, the 3C and the 5C for periods of time.
In the past I only used one other hang-on and that was a remora with a mag3.
The old bermuda was better performing and this new one is supposed to be better than that.(haven't used the new one)
The 3C and 5C are very good skimmers. The 5C Performed about equal to my old Schuran Jetskim 200 with Eheim.
-jmo

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 08/12/2007, 09:09 AM
clownfish fan

so whats the difference beetween the new HOB and the one you had Matt?

i wish there was one person running it that posted on RC.
Old 08/12/2007, 12:01 PM
Brother Maynard

i have been using the bermuda archipelago since january (i think) and it has been performing like an absolute champ.

it skims my very heavily stocked 110g mixed reef (hardest to maintain btw) effortlessly. all this on a mag 3!

outskims the euroreefs and remora without question.

now...i just feel kind of bad for people that spend a lot of money on other skimmers!

Ben.
Old 08/12/2007, 12:16 PM
One Good Friend

There will be two people i know of this week posting reviews and pics. One has had it running for a week now and the other just received it. So we will finally have some proof that the skimmer is a very good hot........and it will also hush up GSMGuy....lol, can't wait for that! IMO it has to be better than the old hot, if not that would be a total mystery as to them getting rid of a good hot and replacing it with junk.
Old 08/12/2007, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Soap box ...

I think it's alot more informative to give comparisons of skimmers to other skimmers that we may have used at some time. That way, there is a chance of there being some perspective, something to compare it to that there is a chance that others may be using or have used as well.
Pictures dont tell you all that much without other relevant information and even then, they arent all that informative.

If I say that ...

I had a Reef Devil and I replaced it with Bermuda 3C and that I find the Bermuda to skim considerably more skimmate of the same or nastier consistency in less time. Before that, I was using a Top Fathom 200 which I replaced with the Reef Devil and there was no comparison, the RD was far more effective that the TF ...

That way, if somebody is interested in the Bermuda skimmer, there is atleast a chance that they have had either the Reef Devil or the Top Fathom in the past and they now have a good point of reference for comparison when considering the Bermuda. If not the original poster, atleast somebody who is following the thread will probably come away with some relevant information. Skimmers are always discussed and somebody is always reading the threads eventhough they may not join the conversation.

Just my 2 cents ... off my soapbox now.
Old 08/12/2007, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

DarG,
That is a good point. We could just start a thread somewhere for skimmer comparisons and people could post information like that.
For example I had an ASM G3 (unmodded) and it pulled decent skimmate (about a G3 cup full every week), but I now have an aerofoamer 630 Beckett with a genx8500 that pulls three to four times a much skimmate every week. I also have a aquaeuro classic 400 that pulls almost as much skimmate as the beckett (unmodded, stock pumps).
Is that what you were thinking?
Old 08/13/2007, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Yeah Kody, something like that. It wont help everyone and it wont help the newbies who are buying their first skimmer. But it surely would help people who have owned any one of the skimmers that the particular poster is using in his or her comparisons to other skimmers. I'm not sure a seperate post would work to well as there would be alot of information to sift through very quickly. Alot of it would be contradictory. Some people dislike a particular skimmer that others really liked. But on a post by post basis, I think it's more informative to give comparisons like that than posting pictures. It would also help greatly if the thread starter were to list the different skimmers that he or she has owned in the past.
Old 08/14/2007, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

luke33 any luck with the reviews and pics.
Old 08/14/2007, 07:45 PM
One Good Friend

I emailed both guys today....haven't heard a word, hopefully soon!
Old 08/19/2007, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Luke33 any word from the two people who are going to be using this skimmer? PM me if so.