Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/08/2007, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Pseudocheilinus evanidus: Any Info or Experiences?

I couldn't find much information on this Secretive Wrasse, also known as the Disappearing Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus evanidus).

Do any of you have this fish or have had this fish? Any information on this fish?

Thanks.
Old 05/08/2007, 03:15 PM
Insane Reefer

It's becoming a more popular wrasse in the hobby, but a little pricey yet. The care, requirements and habits are closely related to the Sixline Wrasse, Pseudocheilinus hexataenia.
Old 05/08/2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

I had one of these in a nano-reef a few years back. They are great reef fish. The only fish that I have seen these guys fight with are other less dominate wrasses. Other than that, they are peaceful towards shrimp (don't know about sexy) and snails (the ones you want). They help rid your reef of some of the more common pest, and are good eaters in general. Standard reef parameters are more than adequate; don’t know much about sexual differences but they are egg layers and can be kept in groups. I don’t know if they pair off and get aggressive or not.
Old 05/08/2007, 09:38 PM
Premium Member

same qualities of a 6-line or 8-line. they can get mean towards other wrasses. Pricey? My LFS sells them for 20$ i think....
Old 05/08/2007, 11:54 PM
Insane Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by zemuron114
My LFS sells them for 20$ i think....
Nice, I don't think I've seen them for less than $70 in the LFS and about $50 online, but that doesn't include shipping.
Old 05/10/2007, 05:47 AM
Premium Member

wow.. 70$! i guess they only regularly come out of Hawaii. they do really well in captivity.
Old 05/10/2007, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EdKruzel
Nice, I don't think I've seen them for less than $70 in the LFS and about $50 online, but that doesn't include shipping.
Thanks everyone for your responses. If there is anything else you want to add, please do.

Ed, that's what I wanted to hear. I guess I got a pretty good deal on mine then. So far it is acting like a model citizen. It is not picking on any of the other small fishes. It's eating prepared foods, but not as aggressively as I would like. I'll try to get a pic up some time soon when I get the time...

Raymond