Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers

Old 12/17/2006, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

Why just one type of Amino? Why not use a good quality BCAA. How mush should be added to the tank prior feeding?
Old 12/17/2006, 03:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Patterso
I think they stated they were only using a half cube at a time....
didnt catch that, plus i figured that most of their tanks are twice the size of mine.
Old 12/17/2006, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Question, it was brought to my attention that if your running your perimeters at such high levels that with the excellerated growth some of thinner tissue acros, such as valida, tenius and such might experience tissue tearing.

Was wondering if any one at reefitalia who are using this method have experienced this in their acros? Or do you see it as a concern?

Thanks,
Robert
Se tutto funziona bene non si ha nessun tipo di tiraggio di acropore...di qualunque tipo.
ciao
Old 12/17/2006, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Also are they using refugiums on their systems? I am, and was wondering if this could creat any problems while using this method of feeding?
??????????????

parliamo sempre dell'alimentazione con il pappone??? se si, allora non si ha nessun tipo di problema con il refugium....ad esempio la vasca di Bisck, ha il refugium.
Old 12/17/2006, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Laakmann
I am using the mix and I put a cube in, I had to take the rest of the cube out before it melted, it just seems like it is sooo much food and the water got pretty cloudy, I couldnt see through more than 6 feet of water. Is this normal? It just seems like a whole ice cube is alot of food for just one sitting.
Appena possibile ti mostro cosa succede nella mia vasca appena metto il cubetto...

riduci comunque la dose a 1/2 cubetto e controlla fosfati e nitrati!
all'inizio è meglio non esagerare!pian piano puoi aumentare la dose...
ciao!
Old 12/17/2006, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

is anyone posting before or and after pics?
Old 12/17/2006, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Se tutto funziona bene non si ha nessun tipo di tiraggio di acropore...di qualunque tipo.
ciao
parliamo sempre dell'alimentazione con il pappone??? se si, allora non si ha nessun tipo di problema con il refugium....ad esempio la vasca di Bisck, ha il refugium.

Appena possibile ti mostro cosa succede nella mia vasca appena metto il cubetto...

Translation please, Not sure how to translate or would do it myself.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 12/17/2006, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
ciao

Translation please, Not sure how to translate or would do it myself.

If all it works well it is not had not any type of draught of acropore. ..di whatever type. Hello we speak always of the nutrition with the pappone??? if itself, then it is not had not any type of problem with the refugium. ...ad example the bath of
Bisck, has the refugium.

Just possible I show you what it happens in my bath just I put the cube...

You reduce however the amount to 1/2 cube and monitors phosphates and nitrates! In the beginning it is better not to exaggerate! very slowly you can increase the amount

Thanks,
Robert
Got it, just googled translator.....
Old 12/17/2006, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Thank You Sir for you reply...

Robert
Old 12/17/2006, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

so have we determined that this size cube is too much for a 100 gallons of water? So i guess 1/2 a cube would be a better starting point for a volum of 100 gallons and as the demand gets higher you can always add more. Now sir what would be a good subsitie for HGH? I have been adding zeo Amino acids to the tank with good results so far. Should i add it to the food mix and if so how many ML should be added?
Michael
IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE.......
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 12/17/2006, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank You Sir for you reply...

Robert
E' un piacere Rob!
Old 12/17/2006, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by trueblackpercula
so have we determined that this size cube is too much for a 100 gallons of water? So i guess 1/2 a cube would be a better starting point for a volum of 100 gallons and as the demand gets higher you can always add more. Now sir what would be a good subsitie for HGH? I have been adding zeo Amino acids to the tank with good results so far. Should i add it to the food mix and if so how many ML should be added?
Michael
Si, all'inizio è meglio 1/2 cubetto, ma è una misura cautelativa per evitare un eccesso di nutrienti....sicuramente però potrete mettere d più...
adesso, che la mia vasca è giovane(3 settimane) stò mettendo 1/2 cubetto al giorno...in 270 litri..ho parecchi coralli, ma comunque stò alimentando molto!

Gli amminoacidi della KZ puoi aggiungerli, ma separatamente...è meglio cosi, nel caso sia utile, puoi sempre interrompere la somministrazione...se ad esempio hai cianobatteri o cose simili.
quanti ml, dipende da quanti animali hai in vasca, ma comunque direi di seguire le istruzioni riportate sul contenitore!
Il hgh, come ho detto più volte, è solo uno stimolo in più, ma si ottengono ottimi risultati anche senza.
ciao!

Last edited by Sir; 12/17/2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12/17/2006, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Got it, just googled translator.....
la traduzione è giusta!
Old 12/17/2006, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicago
is anyone posting before or and after pics?
si se riesco, senza problemi.
Old 12/17/2006, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

here is the translation
, At the beginnig it is better 1/2 cubetto, but cautelativa measure is one in order to avoid an nourishing excess....sure but you will be able to put more d...
now, than my bathtub he is young (3 weeks) stò putting 1/2 cubetto to the day...in 270 liters..I have several corals, but however stò feeding a lot!

The amino acids of the KZ you can add them, but separately...it is better therefore, in the event it is useful, you can always interrupt the somministrazione...if to example you have similar cianobatteri or things.
how much mililiter, depends on how many animals has in bathtub, but however they said to follow the instructions brought back on the container!
The hgh, as I have said many times over, it is only a stimulus in more, but they are obtained optimal turns out to you also without.
hello!
Thanks
Michael
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 12/17/2006, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

I would like to know why the high parims are needed. Is there some advantage to them, I would think as long as you kept things at NSW parims things would grow fine with the feeding of proteins and AA's since as near as I can tell the parims stated for the Blu Coral method are still in balance , just all raised approx. the same percent from natural sea water. I could understand if it were just some levels, like high dkh has been suggested in the past, or running high side ph values, but these were with all other being NSW values. The Blu Coral values are all raised evenly from NSW values. Does this question make sense???
Old 12/17/2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Hey sir what salts are you guys using over there?
Michael
BAREBOTTOM ALL THE WAY®
Old 12/17/2006, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

Does anybody know if there has been any testing of tissue samples done to look for levels of nitrogen?

The reason I ask is on another forum it was brought that tissue samples were taken after feeding like this and the tank that was fed like this had good growth for 3 wks followed with rtn of all corals. Test were done with two tanks, the tank with the feeding had 8.3 times the nitrogen than the tank not fed like this.

And no I don't see any rtn, stn or any other ning going on here. Just someone trying to deswade me I think. He tried it and had good luck but for some reason doesn't think I should. I intend to procede with caution here.

Thanks

Robert
Old 12/18/2006, 12:53 AM
Registered Member

I used a third of a cube today in my 150 gallon tank and I thought that was a good amount, it didnt seem like it was to much and it didnt cloud the water really.

It worked though as far as polyp extension, everything showed alot. We will se about growth though later.
Old 12/18/2006, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by trueblackpercula
Hey sir what salts are you guys using over there?
Michael
Tropic pro reef, quello che uso io...ma comunque un pò tutti i tipi che esistono in commercio....preis, Istant ocean, korallenzuncht ecc ecc...
Old 12/18/2006, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Does anybody know if there has been any testing of tissue samples done to look for levels of nitrogen?

The reason I ask is on another forum it was brought that tissue samples were taken after feeding like this and the tank that was fed like this had good growth for 3 wks followed with rtn of all corals. Test were done with two tanks, the tank with the feeding had 8.3 times the nitrogen than the tank not fed like this.

And no I don't see any rtn, stn or any other ning going on here. Just someone trying to deswade me I think. He tried it and had good luck but for some reason doesn't think I should. I intend to procede with caution here.

Thanks

Robert
Robert, adesso perdo la pazienza eh!

vai tranquillo, non c'è nessun tipo di problema, nè di rtn, nè di stn....evidentemente nelle vasche dove ciò avveniva i problemi erano altri...se segui le semplici regole che ho descritto non avrai problemi...è ovvio che tutto deve funzionare a dovere....luci buone, reattore di calcio efficente, skimmer adatto, movimento ecc ecc
se tutto questo funziona, l'alimentazione con il pappone non è pericolosa....basta solo controllare i fosfati e i nitrati nei primi periodi...non è difficile no???
una cosa vorrei ripete...forse vi è sfuggita, non lo sò...
quando si vuole dare 1/2 cubetto di pappone, o la quantità desiderata, è sempre meglio frullarlo di nuovo in acqua ro o in acqua della vasca, in modo da facilitare l'assimilazione di tutto il frullato...cioè NON mettete il cubetto sano direttamente in vasca, ma frullatelo prima e poi versate tutto in vasca...sbicchierando lo skimmer...dopo 2-3 ore rinserite il bicchiere dello skimmer...
ok?

queste qui sotto sono alcune foto di una splendida vasca, quella di Mario Conti, veramente bellissima...ora la vasca non c'è più a causa del trasloco che ha fatto verso settembre....date un'occhiata...lui usava l'ormone...è uno dei sostenitori più accaniti!

[IMG]Free Image Hosting at <a href=www.ImageShack.us" />[/IMG]

Free Image Hosting at <a href=www.ImageShack.us" />

Free Image Hosting at <a href=www.ImageShack.us" />

ciao!

p.s. Robert, se ancora fai quelle domande non ti rispondo più!
Old 12/18/2006, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

My recipe that I used was

5 frozen oyster
5 frozen scallops
7 frozen shrimp
12 oz bag of frozen clams
8 cubes of squid
8 cubes of frozen phytoplankton
8 cubes of cyclopese
1 pill of Six Star Body Fuel Nitric Oxide Stimulator
1 Table spoon sugar
1 ml of Enfamil POly.Vi.Sol multivitamin for babies.
10 ml of Reef Plus concentrated Vitamin & Amino Acid Supplements.
350 ml of RO/DI water.

I blended this all together. I line the ice trays with Press n' seal. This recipe made 42 -15 ml cubes. I have a total of 320 gallon of water tank. So I decided to use the ratio of 5ml to every 100 gallons.

I have dosed my tank for the third time. I have not seen any problems with bacteria blooms or anything yet. There are a couple of things that I have notices with my tank. My skimmate is black and stinks even more than before. My coral polyps are extending more during the daytime. Last, night I got home from a being in Utah for the weekend and I noticed that my shrimp had spawn. I have baby shrimp floating throughout my tank. I have not had spawn in sometime. I am not sure if this is related, but it interested me that this has taken place in a relative short time frame of starting this recipe.

As far as the bacteria bloom or of problems, I do think should tell you that I have been dosing with vodka for the pas three months (12 ml). So you still might have those problems.
Old 12/18/2006, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Sir,

I sincerely apologize, this was another person that claimed the had these results. After reading more of his thread I have come to the conclusion that he is full of caca. He claims that this is his experiment and it is being done under laboratory conditions.

I do not see any problems with any of the tanks on this thread, they are some of the most beautiful tanks I have ever seen.

Again I apologize.

Thank You,

Robert
Old 12/18/2006, 09:28 AM
Pappone Nerd

Great pictures! I swear the online translations are hilarious when I see them.

I'm back from Italia on the 21st of Dec, but I have family vacation stuff going on till the 1st, so once I get back, I am going to use the method that Bisck showed me. Basically, if something is going wrong, it would probably have to do with either me not having enough flow/skimmer strength, or with me overfeeding.

Keep in mind that you should start with just half a cube like Sir said.
Old 12/18/2006, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sir,

I sincerely apologize, this was another person that claimed the had these results. After reading more of his thread I have come to the conclusion that he is full of caca. He claims that this is his experiment and it is being done under laboratory conditions.

I do not see any problems with any of the tanks on this thread, they are some of the most beautiful tanks I have ever seen.

Again I apologize.

Thank You,

Robert
Robert, non preoccuparti, io scherzo eh....

è normale avere perplessità....sopratutto fidarsi di uno che scrive dall'italia...
comunque non preoccuparti!