Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 10/29/2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

ricordia nut - buyers beware

I attempted to purchase a Aquatinics T5 light from ricordia nut. Sent paypal funds, he indicated the light would ship in couple of days, its been over a month and still no light. Initally we did exchange emails. He kept saying the light would ship, then he said he would refund my money, now he no longer responds.

He has posted here on RC since this issue occurred. He has also purchased a frag from RevHtree. So he isn't dead (he actually pretended to be his "wife" in emails)

I will be getting my money back. Used CC for paypal so no skin off my back, just frustration and time wasted. It's just unfortunate this type of individual has to put a black eye on a good trading community like RC.

Is there a way to get someone like this banned from RC?
Old 10/29/2007, 12:29 PM
Premium Member

Just for the record, he didnt buy from me. He PM'ed and said he wanted a frag but never responded.

edit: Sorry to hear about your issues.
Old 11/04/2007, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

money returned via pay pal im sorry i was not able to send out the light but i was in the hospitsal for a while
have agreat day
Old 11/05/2007, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Ricordia Nut did NOT refund my money. While I have gotten my money back it was NOT because ricordia nut returned it. I had to file a dispute with paypal and my credit card. The credit card took the money from paypal and since he did not respond to repeated requests for information it was refunded.

I understand things happen but can you please explain why you emailed me on 10/2 (light was paid for on 9/18) that you would be refunding my money the next day. I hear nothing from you ever and you are posting on Reef Central on 10/8?

And now you attempt to brush this under the rug by saying money returned via paypal. You did NOT refund my money!!!!!

I stand by my warning: BUYERS BEWARE OF RICORDIA NUT
Old 11/05/2007, 09:39 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

Thx for the heads up. This guy added to my no-fly list.

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 11/05/2007, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

have NICE DAY
Old 11/06/2007, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RevHtree
Just for the record, he didnt buy from me. He PM'ed and said he wanted a frag but never responded.

edit: Sorry to hear about your issues.
Hmmm,
Haven't heard from him on our pending deal either.
Bummer..
Old 11/07/2007, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Lets get go banning this guy please?
Old 11/07/2007, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

youre payment was returned to you via my paypal as it was returned to you not to be mean in any ways to all the rest of you if u dont know the hole story please keep youre opinions to youre self
thanks
kirby sorry my my accident and beeing in the hospital affected the sale
Old 11/07/2007, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

ricordia nut - buyers beware

Again I disagree with your statement that YOU refunded my money. Below is a screen shot of recent activity from my Paypal account. My payment for the light is circled in red. If you had made a payment to my account it would have showed during this time frame (note it is for all activity and the timeframe). Paypal may have taken the money from your account after I had my credit card company charge back the transaction since you did not respond to requests for information.

Or maybe you did have to send Paypal the funds to cover this transaction after you discovered you have to set your account straight with Paypal before they will let you send funds again. But again you did not send funds to me and it was only after I had my credit card company charge back the transaction that I got my money.

You keep stating the reason for the failed transaction is you were injured and in the hospital. I'll ask again, can you please explain why on 10/2 you indicated you would refund my money the next day and that is the last communication you made with me concerning this issue yet you were posting on Reef Central on 10/8 and later. If you are able to post surely you could have logged on to Paypal and refunded my money. You knew the light was not sent. What was stopping you? I sent several emails requesting a refund why didn't you respond to any of them?

You stated people shouldn't express an opinion if they don't know the whole story. Well MAYBE there were some circumstances that prohibited you from completing this transaction or replying in a timely manner, things do happen. But you COULD AND SHOULD have refunded my money after my request or after it was raised to a dispute with Paypal. You obviously had access to a computer and the ability to post. Again I ask, what was stopping you from making this right?

Please explain so we can all understand the whole story.

If the only reason the transaction went bad was because of your injury and you are truly sorry, how about sending out the light and I will send Paypal funds when it is received?

Old 11/07/2007, 05:02 PM
Registered Member.

Sounds like were dealing with a shark.
Old 11/08/2007, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

PWNED!~
Old 11/08/2007, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

This is the same fixture that he sold to several people?!? I thought I remembered him from a post that the mods deleted.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...t=ricordia+nut
Old 11/08/2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

nope the other guy said he wanted it but never sent the money so i took the next in line any way like i said if u all want to bash me thats fine but i have sold to many people here on RC with no problem and again im sorry for my injury that provented me to ship out youre light
Old 11/08/2007, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

"nope the other guy said he wanted it but never sent the money so i took the next in line"

I wasn't going to say anything but come on. I sent you the money got nothing in return then asked for my money back. After I didn't get a response I posted in your thread and since you were trying to sell other stuff you refunded my money. This was after I opened a paypal dispute and they realized I had received nothing. I wasn't going to post because I didn't want to bash anyone but don't lie about what happened. Money sent no product, after numerous attempts to contact you I had to open a dispute and post in your other for sale thread in order to get my money back. I apoogize to kirby_32 because he asked if everything was resolved and since I finally got my money back I told him that it was. Had I known that all this was going to happen I should've told him to beware.
Old 11/08/2007, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Man it seems like your PM to me about the zoas will be deleted ...
Old 11/08/2007, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

ricordia nut: you keep saying your are sorry your injury stopped you from completing this transaction. That is only half the story. If your injury/hospital stay had stopped you from shipping the light and you refunded my money when it was obvious you weren't going to ship the light none of this discussion would have ever occurred.

What you refuse to answer and why people are questioning your integrity is why didn't you refund my money when it was requested. Why didn't you respond to emails? As I previously stated you were posting on Reef Central after you promised to refund the money so your injury/hospital stay was not keeping you from getting online.

Stop hiding behind this excuse and please provide an answer.

teetimefun: No apology necessary. You were just relaying your experience and had no way of knowing how this individual would respond. We both responded to the same thread and he accepted funds from both of us (almost a third from the sound of it). I PM'd you after I found this out and was starting to get worried about getting the light. Fortunately your post in his other selling thread pressured him to provide you a refund. I appreciated you taking the time to respond.
Old 11/08/2007, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

This is just bewildering I almost get banned for expressing my dislike for the tang police and yet this guy can freely go around ripping people off.
Old 11/08/2007, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

SHADY !!!
Old 11/09/2007, 08:43 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by adalon
This is just bewildering I almost get banned for expressing my dislike for the tang police and yet this guy can freely go around ripping people off.
[profanity]

Last edited by smiller; 11/11/2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11/11/2007, 07:07 AM
Garbologist

ricordia nut- You have PM.

Thread closed, at least for now.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 11/13/2007, 06:14 AM
Garbologist

I have talked to the parties involved and from what I know I can't make an informed decision 100% in either direction. Both sides have valid points. Keep in mind, this is not eBay, we all have regular jobs here and can't invest huge amounts of time on things like this. You buy and sell at your own risk here. The seller has never had a past issue here on RC, but should another occur this one will be taken into consideration.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."