Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/17/2007, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

This is a pic of my two other new additions to my tank. I know the Kole will outgrow my tank in a year or two but for now he helps control any algae in my tank. I don't plan on getting ride of him though, I plan on getting a bigger tank by that time ha-ha. They both seem very happy in my tank and my water parameters are all stable :-) The only bad thing about having a tank that is coming to life is I spend to much time sitting and watching it ha-ha

Old 04/17/2007, 03:20 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Your Kole Tang will most likely be fine. They are one of the smallest tangs commonly available in the aquarium trade. For a tang in a 75g tank, I couldn't think of one that is better suited.
Old 04/21/2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

This weekend I managed to get a few things for my reef. I will post some pictures in a few days when the mushrooms (one blue and one deep red) settle in. I am really excited about them so they can give some fun splashes of color to my tank. Someday I will have to get someone with the micro button on their camera to come take better pictures than I can with my normal digital camera

The zoos are still doing great and really seem to like being up high. Maybe here in 6 months I will have a nice little patch of them on my rock
Old 04/22/2007, 12:12 AM
Elite Member

The zoos will take over before you know it.
Old 04/25/2007, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Ok, I haven't forgot the new pictures but my hard drive crashed and I have had to reinstall everything! I should have some new ones here soon
Old 04/25/2007, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

More Pictures, sorry one is sideways but when my hard drive crashed I lost the program I used to adjust everything and now I can't figure out how to do it. So please, just turn your head sideways on those and pretend they are rotated

My Royal Gramma

My ORA Neon Green Toadstool

My small Frogspawn frag

A Blue/Green Mushroom

A really cool deep red mushroom I found at an LFS

My Dragon Goby saying HI

A picture of my whole tank, you can see how small my frags are ha-ha, I am on a budget what can I say
Old 06/01/2007, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Just thought I would give an update on my tank now that I have moved. I had to take back the Kole Tang because he was beating my dragon goby up. My zoo's are really starting to take off. I can't wait for the next few months to pass so I can take pics of how big they have grown.

Tank View

Green and puprle star

Green and red Zoo's

Bule Zoo's with what I think is a colt coral behind

Toadstool, frogspawn, and blue mushroom

BTA and clowns

This is my FAV new fish, a two spot Hog fish (I think that is correct), he is truely amazing to watch

Last edited by jeeperrs; 06/01/2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06/01/2007, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

cool new fish. I think those blue zoas have grown.
Old 06/01/2007, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

The blue zoos have grown several new small heads (my camera can't zoom in that well). They were getting pale up high in my tank so I moved them down lower and to the side so they wont' get so much MH light right on them. The blue zoos are a smaller zoo than the red/green ones. The biggest zoo of the blue is half to a quarter of the size of my other zoos. I am also feeding clycopeeze to help all the zoo's out. My red green zoo's are really growing fast though. The red/green ones seem to really like being up in with lots of direct light
Old 06/01/2007, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Your red & green zoas look like they could be either Eagle Eyes or Whamin Watermelons. Here are some links:

http://www.zoaid.com/gallery2/v/zoas...g2_itemId=1365

http://www.zoaid.com/gallery2/v/zoas...p?g2_itemId=80

Whatever they are, they are nice indeed.
Old 06/01/2007, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

I think they are watermelon. I really cannot tell a major difference between the two types lol.
Old 06/01/2007, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

lol. I know what you mean. I had eagle eyes and bought some watermelons. When I got them in there, I was ticked. They looked the same. Now, that I have them under the t-5s, and especially when it's just actinics, I can really tell a difference. Maybe you just need some of both.
Old 06/01/2007, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

I run t-5s and MH. I am kind of getting addicted to zoo's and want several more varieties I really want some bright orange ones and some deep red ones.
Old 06/01/2007, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

looking great, glad to hear the move went smoothly and everything survived, your tank is looking great.
Old 06/02/2007, 11:27 AM
Elite Member

If you like the zoos remember not to get an Angel fish. My majestic angel ate 3 years of zoos.
Old 06/02/2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

I didn't plan on getting one but thanks for the heads up
Old 06/03/2007, 01:24 PM
living the obsession

Nice progress for 3 months. Tank is looking nice. At this rate the 6 month mark will really be nice.

The challenge is the fun.
Old 06/11/2007, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

So like everyone else, I always find myself thinking bigger is better ha-ha. In my desire to have a bigger tank I have been planning an upgrade this fall to a 120 with a sump. Well, I was able to find a great deal on a 120 with dual overflow boxes that is only three months old, thanks REHEM. So now you will get to see a new thread as I start my 120 Oh, before you think I am too crazy I will explain why I am doing an upgrade. I got into the hobby because i wanted to own mandarin fish. I didn't realize how important a sump would be in taking care of the animals until after i really started gaining experience. I love the way my 75 is developing but I won't be TOTALLY happy until I have the mandarin fish in there I will gladly take any help in getting the tank from OKC to stilly and setting it up ha-ha. This is going to be my first sump experience so anybody with experience will be gladly welcome
Old 06/12/2007, 06:40 AM
Reefing... Neato cool!

Paul W has a great sump plan that I'm sure he'll share. We should have a DIY plan page on the COMAS site. I should look because we might have one...rolling eyes. After I OK that with Paul, I will try and put one together so if any of you have done some great projects, get pics and write up an article!

Maybe we could do an article of the month sort of like photo of the month contest with a prize. What do you all think? Would anyone do it?

CRASE 2008
Old 06/12/2007, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

I think that sounds like a great idea!
Old 06/25/2007, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

I just thought I would post that my anemone split last night! I woke up today to make my normal checks to make sure all fish are still counted for and noticed my anmeone was in two places at the same time. I like to think that this is a good sign as there have been no changes in my water to make the split a stress induced behavior. It has grown from about 3 inches to around 10 before it split. I am very surprised to see how fast this happened. I fed him yesterday and didn't notice a second mouth (it is hard to see with all the tentacles floating over the center and two clowns always in the middle). I know this may not seem like a big deal to many people but it sure makes me feel like I am doing something right Now, I just have to decide if I am going to have two anemones in my 120 or if I am going to sell it to someone else who is fascinated by this animal like me.
Old 06/25/2007, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

congrats on the split.

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" --Dave Barry
Old 06/25/2007, 02:44 PM
living the obsession

sweet, must be doing something right. He'll love more room to spit again in the 120.

The challenge is the fun.
Old 07/23/2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Well the 120 is now up and going as of 3 days ago. If you click the red house it will take you to the link. Everything in the 75 was transfered to the 120. I will take a lot of pics of everything in my tank and post them on that thread
Old 07/23/2007, 10:08 PM
TOTM October 2007

Want to start a new thread for the new 120 ??

Paul.