Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/12/2006, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

come out come out wherever you are
Old 05/12/2006, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

yes Rod post a picture for all the people who cant see your beautiful pair and their babies in person. I just enjoy watching the babies everytime i go there. I talk to them like they were kids.
Old 05/12/2006, 03:12 PM
aka Knucklehead

If you really want a treat, make sure you see soon-to-be Onyx parents #2 with the awesome Purple Carpet anemone in his cube tank the next time you go! It appears that the next generation of Onyx will also be outstanding!

Hey, frag that for me, will ya?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!
Old 05/13/2006, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Wow, What a thread. Thanks for the kind words.. To avoid comercial posting I always stay far away from posting anything in any thread that mentions my clowns or my shop. Even If I was prevously involved in a thread, and then later my name/shop pops up, I back out quickly and usually never return. Ill make an exception here, and try to stay clean

Tony, Ive got Gus watching out for you, and making sure you keep quiet.. He is pretty good with concrete shoes ..

Actually, not trying to toot my own horn, but the food is some pretty magical stuff.. There are a few things that were accidently left out of the list of ingredients I see though.

Black lips? Thats a new one.. Way cool!

I have never paid attention to the dorsal quite that closely. Momas dorsal is half and half, and she is not a perfectly barred clown. Her center bar only goes half way through on one side, and and lets just say not perfectly shapped on the other. Poppas bar is a little thinner at the top, and barely touches the black dorsal. I did get some pics from other people with my clowns just before the IMAC and it appears that many of them do have a partially white dorsal.

I will not post pics here, but I would send 4-5 pics to someone here, and then you can do what you want with them . Hopefully that person will pass them on to the rest of you. If you would like to be that person, drop me an email, and Ill see what I can dig up in the next few days.

Thanks again

Im out
Old 05/13/2006, 08:31 AM
aka Knucklehead

Bout time Buehler!!!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!
Old 05/13/2006, 10:24 AM
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Buehler

Actually, not trying to toot my own horn, but the food is some pretty magical stuff.. There are a few things that were accidently left out of the list of ingredients I see though.

can you fill us in on what these things are ?
Old 05/13/2006, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

snarky that might not be an appropriate question to ask. next thing you know a company will copy it and sell it under there own name.

personally i dont care how rod makes the onyx babies. as long as he doesnt stop
Old 05/13/2006, 12:06 PM
RC Sponsor

maybe you missed the part where he said

Quote:
There are a few things that were accidentally left out of the list of ingredients I see though.
most of the items in there are listed on his site.

I don't think any of the large companies would produce a product like that anyways, the cost of making something like that is way to high to start including distributors and LFS profit margins. Not to mention shipping frozen stuff around overnight with dry ice is not cheap. Not that anyone would ever dream of enforcing it at the level that he makes it but i believe you are required by law to list all the ingredients on a commercial product like that anyways.

anyways I was just curious. It's really not a big deal. Lots of people have made variations of EB's food, I think it was in his corals book first printed five years ago. It's just interesting to see what other things people like to add to the mix and how they have perfected mixing it.

Last edited by Snarkys; 05/13/2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05/13/2006, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

good points snarky.
Old 05/13/2006, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Tony, Ive got Gus watching out for you, and making sure you keep quiet.. He is pretty good with concrete shoes ..
ex mobster turned breeder, I love it
Old 05/13/2006, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

I was out at Rod's today and Daddy Onyx was tending to a new batch of eggs on the tile. Too bad you can only have one pair of Rod's Onyx's per tank ... or I'd get another awesome pair!

Sara

Proud Member of CMAS & Rockford Reefers
Old 05/13/2006, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

that just means that it is time to get another tank
Old 05/14/2006, 10:12 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stykthyn
that just means that it is time to get another tank
I have my next tank all picked out. Rod has corner look down surge tanks he is now selling. It is the nicest looking tank I have seen.
Larry
Old 05/14/2006, 10:18 AM
RC Sponsor

pics of the tank please ; )
Old 05/14/2006, 10:28 AM
Premium Member

http://www.zoosrus.com/forums/showth...&threadid=3546
Old 05/14/2006, 09:33 PM
Premium Member

stykthyn - I am in the planning stages of a 225 ... Might need more Onyx Clowns!

Old 05/15/2006, 07:36 AM
OT GODFATHER

Sara, it was nice meeting you on Saturday. Cool to meet fellow reefers from the forum!
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 05/15/2006, 09:33 AM
Zoa Color Pirate

Did anyoen E-mail Rod for those pics? I'll post em if no one else has.
Old 05/15/2006, 08:07 PM
Premium Member

Tony - It was nice meeting you as well. I figured you might have been Craftytony ... but I did not want to guess and be wrong! I'm sure I'll see you at Rod's shop again!

Jovreefer - it does not seem like anyone got Rod's photo's as of yet ... shoot him a PM or send him an email from his website. Email sometimes gets his attention first.

Old 05/16/2006, 09:20 AM
OT GODFATHER

Quote:
Originally posted by Sara B
Tony - It was nice meeting you as well. I figured you might have been Craftytony ... but I did not want to guess and be wrong! I'm sure I'll see you at Rod's shop again!
For sure, can't wait to see his corner surge setup again!
I can honestly say all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly attributed to drugs & alcohol. I mean I would never urinate at the Alamo at 9 o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober. -Ozzy Osbourne
Old 05/16/2006, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

sara/tony.

ok ok please stop bragging that you live near rod and get to see all his clowns anytime you want! lol

next time your at his place, ask him if you can maybe take vids/pics of them for us all to see
Old 05/16/2006, 03:09 PM
aka Knucklehead

He's watching.......... He's always watching.............

Old 05/16/2006, 04:56 PM
trying to raise cap clown

Quote:
Originally posted by iReef69
i feed mine a wide variety of frozen foods mixed together+ cyclopeeze+ garlic. I also feed them Formula One flakes as a snack between meals (2 large meals a day). I love their coloration..so far so good.

And here is a picture of the male.. (my favorite of the 2)

Man I love this clown.
Old 05/16/2006, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

I went to Rod's tonight and put in a order for one of his corner surge tanks.Therefore, I will soon be buying a pair of his Onyx.
Old 05/17/2006, 05:10 AM
OT GODFATHER

Quote:
Originally posted by embryoguy
sara/tony.

ok ok please stop bragging that you live near rod and get to see all his clowns anytime you want! lol

next time your at his place, ask him if you can maybe take vids/pics of them for us all to see
man...it's such a pain to drive 15 minutes to get to Rod's grrrr!!! lol I KID I KID.....
That sounds like a good idea though....I'll stop over this weekend and see what kind of pics/footage I can get!

Pioneer...you are gonna be very happy with that corner surge setup, man that bad boy looks SWEET!!!