Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Richmond Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/26/2007, 11:52 AM
Premium Member

WreckDiver
aka: CyBrSuFr

Click the little red house for the latest tank picts
Old 11/26/2007, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

Amen. We all have our opinions, so we should respect where each other shop, move on and enjoy each other's tanks.

Current Livestock -

Yellow Tang // ORA Clown
Flame Angel // Sailfin Blenny
Pair Cleaner Shrimp // Sexy Anemone Shrimp
T Maxima Clam // Sebae Anemone
Old 11/26/2007, 11:51 PM
SPS Slave

Quote:
This topic gets hashed out every 6 months or so when someone new joins the forum. It usually results in people with 0 posts coming out of the woodwork, making impolite and generally not nice statements trying to cause drama in the club before they are banned, and has resulted in this forum almost being closed on a couple of occasions. Thats why some people are a bit touchy when they see these threads pop up.
Manufactured Controversy
Old 11/27/2007, 10:37 AM
I think I love my tank

I think for the most part this thread has been nothing but a polite conversation about our local shops. If you feel it is worn out and not worth your time, just ignore it.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 11/27/2007, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

As stated above, regardless of the intent this time round, this thread ALWAYS caused problems and needs to stop being reopened. It has already been said enough times that everyone has their preferences and leave it at that. If a newbie is looking for info, search the forum. I have been on the boards for about a year now and EVERY TIME this topic is brought up, the thread turns into a flame war for 2 shops and that type of hostile conversation or thread is not needed. I think at least 90% of the RRC members will agree with that sentiment. Leave the LFS debate at the door and just participate in the forums. Last time this got started we had the moderators take notice and get involved and we do not need that type of controversy and regardless of how innate the post was, IT will end up in another flame war if not stopped at the beginning. Too many strong opinions regarding this topic and it just never stays civil.

WreckDiver
aka: CyBrSuFr
Click the little red house for the latest tank pictures
Old 11/27/2007, 12:32 PM
I think I love my tank

Well...5 pages and counting and I have not seen any "flame war" erupt. With all due respect to everybody involed...like I said before, if you do not like the topic or feel it has been overdone, why waste your time posting? Personoly I like to hear other peoples oppinions on their LFS experiences.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.