Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/05/2007, 07:12 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

Page 5 - One for each Super Bowl Trophy

Too old for women to care
Old 10/05/2007, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

If the Cowboys win the superbowl I hope they get someone different to design their ring. The Patriots have a cool ring. And the Steelers one pictured above is nice.
Old 10/08/2007, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

It was so nice seeing the REAL Brett Favre finally show up last night. For all the talk of all the records he has set,someone should mention that he also(i'm sure) holds the record for losing games by throwing the most ridiculous, ill advised interceptions in history! That int inside his own 20 last night was classic Favre.

Hopefully, the Cowboys wont fall into the road trap game tonight and get caught looking ahead to NE. 5-0 Dalls vs 5-0 NE would be a great game to see next "NFL" week(or according to ruggie, this week )

p.s- nice game for the Steelers dkh! Although Jeff Reed is KILLING my fantasy team!! I need a huge night by Julius Jones to win tonight. Are the Steelers ever going to attempt another field goal this year!!!!
Old 10/08/2007, 12:10 PM
Grampa Extroardinaire

I hope da boys are able to keep their head in this weeks game and not be looking ahead to NE.

For next weeks game, I will GUARANTEE that Jeff Reed will NOT kick any field goals. I mean the offense is moving and gelling, yesterdays game was played without Ward and Holmes, so the offense will really crank.

That plus its the Steelers bye week.

Too old for women to care
Old 10/08/2007, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, tonight is a MAJOR trap game. Noone is giving the Bills any chance or any respect at all. Even without the Pats next week we could get caught being their 1st Monday night game in 12 years. If it is anything like our other 2 roads games, there should be enough Cowboys fans there to make it not too hostile.

This game will tell me alot. Great teams win these types of games easily no matter what the distractions or traps. If we are a Super Bowl team, trap schmap, we should win EASILY tonight.

LOL, i was worried a few weeks ago that i would have to drop Reed this week rather than waste a spot on a 2nd kicker. He was doing so great, i didnt want to drop him but........
Don't have to worry about that now,lol. Bye,bye Jeff Reed and your no field goal attempting butt, HELLO Kris Brown!
Old 10/08/2007, 12:24 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk
It was so nice seeing the REAL Brett Favre finally show up last night. For all the talk of all the records he has set,someone should mention that he also(i'm sure) holds the record for losing games by throwing the most ridiculous, ill advised interceptions in history! That int inside his own 20 last night was classic Favre.
Tell me about it. 1st half was this year's Brett, and the 2nd half was last year's Brett (the one I was sure should retire). Now, we'll just have to wait and see which Brett shows up every week.

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 10/08/2007, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
Tell me about it. 1st half was this year's Brett, and the 2nd half was last year's Brett (the one I was sure should retire). Now, we'll just have to wait and see which Brett shows up every week.

Kevin
He's averaging over 40 throws a game so far. With their running game(despite last nights success) he'll probably have to keep that pace up thruout the season.

Throwing that many times a game, especially in tight games, i believe it is inevitable that the REAL Brett Favre will show up and cost them enough games that their season doesn't add up to much.

What was he thinking on that last drive???? Exactly how many times was he going to dump a 7 yarder to the back in the middle of the field wasting 15 seconds a play???
Old 10/08/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

I like Brett Favre, and although the last several years he hasn't been too good (of course he hasn't had anyone to throw TO), let us not forget that the REAL Brett Favre has also taken that team to and won a superbowl. So the REAL Brett Favre has won some and lost some, like most career quarterbacks. He will and should be in the Hall of Fame. GreenBay isn't my team, but I like to see them do well. And their fans aren't obnoxious jerks like those in Philadelphia for example. So if they have a good year this year, I'm happy for them and their fans.
Old 10/08/2007, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Yes, but that SB winning team also had the #1 defense in the league and was a TERROR so it's not like Favre took them there singlehandedly. Also, that was SOOOO long ago, Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin were still pro bowlers!!!

I'm not saying he isn't great but to put him in the same class as people who almost never made a big mistake in big games like Montana, Aikman, and Brady makes me a little crazy. Much like Marino did, at big moments, Favre is very likely to make a stupid play and throw a terrible int to cost the packers the game despite his huge numbers.
Old 10/08/2007, 08:03 PM
Cancer Sucks

Romo's 2 for 2 so far!

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 10/08/2007, 08:14 PM
On "The List"

I don't know how the scoring works for the fantasy league, but romo needs to earn me 7 points so I can hold my undefeated streak

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 10/08/2007, 08:16 PM
Cancer Sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by BigSkyBart
I don't know how the scoring works for the fantasy league, but romo needs to earn me 7 points so I can hold my undefeated streak
Well, at the time that I posted that ^^ Romo made two pass attempts and was intercepted both times.

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
Old 10/08/2007, 08:24 PM
On "The List"

so, that's not a good thing for me, is it?

Old 10/08/2007, 08:26 PM
Cancer Sucks

Well he just threw for a touchdown so you might be ok.

Old 10/08/2007, 08:47 PM
Cancer Sucks

And now Romo's THIRD interception tonight, again for a Bills touchdown.

Old 10/08/2007, 08:49 PM
On "The List"

see why I hate the cowgirls!

so much for 5 & 0

Old 10/08/2007, 08:50 PM
Cancer Sucks

And now his FOURTH interception!

Old 10/08/2007, 08:53 PM
On "The List"

as if losing isn't bad enough, I get play by play updates from you!
rub the salt in, little by little
thanks, I think

Old 10/08/2007, 09:01 PM
Cancer Sucks

Sorry Bart. I was making fun of Dallas, not you.

Old 10/08/2007, 09:04 PM
On "The List"

no problem, I was complaining about my 5 & 0 going by the wayside & making fun of them too, you just got a little overspray, no offense intended

darned cowgirls

Old 10/08/2007, 10:35 PM
Cancer Sucks

5 times

Old 10/08/2007, 10:52 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Yuck Cowpukes!
Old 10/08/2007, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

i honestly don't know about that game.....
Old 10/08/2007, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You believe we are blessed now!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!
Old 10/08/2007, 11:11 PM
no pig 2 big

Da Boys Rock!