Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/14/2006, 02:25 AM
Registered Member

Hey neotekz
the pic shows the broken adapter, were you refering to putting the washer as in the pic or on the other side bc it took me a long time to take out broken one to replace it? I just put it together with the washer to show you..

Old 11/14/2006, 02:37 AM
Premium Member

u need one on each side, for the bigger side it goes into the union. use plyers to grip the middle(not the threads) to screw off the adapter.
Old 11/14/2006, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

I got a reply from MS today.....said they got my payment and they think they are getting a truck of skimmers this week (same thing they told me last week).
Old 11/14/2006, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

I was told last week that his shipment would be shipping late last week so the timeline might make sense. Sometimes my company has to deal with serious backorders on popular items, so I'll just wait it out and give Marine Solutions the benefit of the doubt till the first week of December.

In the meantime, I'll just focus my mind on making sure Yoda doesn't get knocked off my back in the Dagobah section of Lego Star Wars II and getting Fenix and Dom out of the factory in Gears of War.
I'll find my soul as I go home
Old 11/14/2006, 03:59 PM
I LIVE IN A PINEAPPLE....

What feed pump would you recommend for a Recirc 200 on a 120 gal tank? Would it skim better just feeding it off the overflow?
GEO 6x18 Calcium Reactor
GEO Kalk Reactor
Aquactinics 2x250 12k Reeflux w/ 216 watts Blue+ T5's
210 lbs. Gulf-Keys-Fiji LR
50 lbs. LS
Old 11/14/2006, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

When I ordered my NW150 the website said they had all skimmers in stock except some huge recirc model so I'm a little mad they can't take a few minutes to update thier site or email me within a day of recieving my order and my $ and tell me they are backordered. I understand the supply chain, and I don't mind waiting, I just wish they would be a little more forthcoming w/the info.
Old 11/14/2006, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
When I ordered my NW150 the website said they had all skimmers in stock except some huge recirc model so I'm a little mad they can't take a few minutes to update thier site or email me within a day of recieving my order and my $ and tell me they are backordered. I understand the supply chain, and I don't mind waiting, I just wish they would be a little more forthcoming w/the info.
You're definitely right there. With my company, all our inventory items are linked to a database and there's a daily update that shows whether the item will ship the same day, is a special order item, is a back-ordered item or a pre-order item. Sometimes we make a mistake, but we'll email or call our clients about it.

Perhaps Marine Solutions feels they're too busy to make the required changes to their site or reply more quickly to customer inquiries, but I think both of us will concur it's adversely affecting their customer relations and word of mouth marketing. It's a tough world when you put your company out on the Web, and if things aren't right, you better make those updates ASAP or things can get really ugly.

I'm willing to bet that Marine Solutions doesn't have a dedicated webmaster or webteam, so I'm guessing that's why the updates weren't made. I'm not going to second guess why the updates haven't happened - perhaps there are some higher priority issues that needed to be taken care of. You never know with a small company. I'm just going to wait for my skimmer and realize that other vendors grok the online world better in terms of updates and customer service.

But yeah, I got a fever...and the only prescription is my skimmer!
I'll find my soul as I go home
Old 11/14/2006, 09:02 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reefkeeper1
I was told last week that his shipment would be shipping late last week so the timeline might make sense. Sometimes my company has to deal with serious backorders on popular items, so I'll just wait it out and give Marine Solutions the benefit of the doubt till the first week of December.

In the meantime, I'll just focus my mind on making sure Yoda doesn't get knocked off my back in the Dagobah section of Lego Star Wars II and getting Fenix and Dom out of the factory in Gears of War.
The skimmers are supposed to arrive on Thursday, many skimmers will ship out on Friday. Hang tight, they are coming.
Old 11/14/2006, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Sadly I no longer am using my stock rps 3000 as it produces way less than my g-3 does but thats only to be expected when both skimmers draw the same amount of air and one is smaller.

It reminds me of ER putting undersized pumps on some of their older skimmers.

Maybe I will get the GG mod to work one of these times and I can try it our again.
Old 11/16/2006, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Hey, quick question, has anyone had the thin little o ring that the riser slides up and down against break.. mine broke the other day... do you think this would be something I could get a replacement part for, or do you think I have to improvise? I'm currently using a thin rubber band, but its not as good as the original part. its the NW 150. thanks.
Old 11/16/2006, 01:42 PM
Threadkiller

critter - mine broke a few days ago as well, but I haven't had a chance to get out and replace it. I was advised in this or the other Octo thread to find an o-ring at HD or Lowes. The rubber band sounds like a good idea, I was using a bunch of teflon tape wraps.

jp
Old 11/16/2006, 01:46 PM
Premium Member

I should of thought of that duh.. lol.. yeah really really thin rubber band, if its too thick its a PITA to move up and down. thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJPDC
critter - mine broke a few days ago as well, but I haven't had a chance to get out and replace it. I was advised in this or the other Octo thread to find an o-ring at HD or Lowes. The rubber band sounds like a good idea, I was using a bunch of teflon tape wraps.

jp
Old 11/16/2006, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Critter just scrape that adjustable riser tube and do the gate valve mod.

Carl
Old 11/16/2006, 04:04 PM
Premium Member

now that you mention it, I remember seeing that in the mod forum for this skimmer.. thanks I will look at that as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlC
Critter just scrape that adjustable riser tube and do the gate valve mod.

Carl
Old 11/16/2006, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Hey if anyone wants to stop ordering from some of these lame companies selling the Octo. Premium Aquatics started carrying these skimmers too.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=Octopus

PA is the best vendor I have dealt with. Idoubt they would jerk you around like some of these vendors.
Old 11/16/2006, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Can anyone tell me where I can order a NW150 (non-recirc) The two sites I know of seem to be backordered... MS and aquacave (both sponsors). premium aquatic sells only recircs...
any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11/16/2006, 09:24 PM
Moved On

I thnk pretty much everybody who carry the NW150 and NW200 non recirc models are out at this point. It appears that these guys were selling like hot cakes.
Old 11/16/2006, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Now that people have been using these, what is the concensus, is it a great skimmer or not? Is there any problems identified? I'm planing on piking up at NW200 on Saturday
Old 11/16/2006, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dhnguyen
I thnk pretty much everybody who carry the NW150 and NW200 non recirc models are out at this point. It appears that these guys were selling like hot cakes.
You should start to see vendors having these back in stock now.
Old 11/16/2006, 10:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StephNewman
Now that people have been using these, what is the concensus, is it a great skimmer or not? Is there any problems identified? I'm planing on piking up at NW200 on Saturday
I really like the NW-200 i have modded that one to perform on par with some very high dollar skimmers. As is, they are not "great" kind of simular to the ASM in performance some easy mods and they bet ASMs. thier are very quiet and a great value. i would recomend the NW-200 as a very good skimmer in its price range $200 ish.

And thier back in stock in the US.
Old 11/16/2006, 10:14 PM
Premium Member

daytonreefRob,
have they changed anything on the nw-200...?
Do you know the prices for the new models?
Old 11/16/2006, 11:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roland Jacques
daytonreefRob,
have they changed anything on the nw-200...?
Do you know the prices for the new models?
The new packaging is much better than the old packaging. I have not looked too closely at them other than that. They are still using the same pumps, I think the venturis are the same as well.

As for pricing...I can not comment on it out here right now. Overall, I would not be surprised if there is a price increase (not a huge one) as the cost for resellers has gone up.
Old 11/17/2006, 01:53 AM
Uncomfortably Caffeinated

Quote:
Originally posted by daytonreefRob
The new packaging is much better than the old packaging. I have not looked too closely at them other than that. They are still using the same pumps, I think the venturis are the same as well.

As for pricing...I can not comment on it out here right now. Overall, I would not be surprised if there is a price increase (not a huge one) as the cost for resellers has gone up.
So.....with the price increase we should expect maybe just a hint of support with these, like the possibility to get parts, like for instance a new collection cup, or maybe even a elbow with metric union nut?

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." But an Indian can't kill anything with a crooked arrow.
Old 11/17/2006, 07:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dandy7200
So.....with the price increase we should expect maybe just a hint of support with these, like the possibility to get parts, like for instance a new collection cup, or maybe even a elbow with metric union nut?
As I have to be careful of what I post out here, I will tell you that I (and I am sure others vendors) have requested spare parts. I am told they will be available, however, I am not expecting them until at least the moddle of December (if I am lucky).
Old 11/17/2006, 07:09 AM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=974704