Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/02/2004, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xabo
Are the Iwaki pumps $400 each?
No, for both.
But weekend sale price: $90 each.

Tagamet might take one.

I'm off on Monday and scheduling people for Monday for equipment.

During this weekend, I'm going to move the whole set-up into the garage so that I can start cleaning up the holes in the den walls.

After Monday, whatever equipment I have left: I'll probably list in the local paper and/or E-Bay.
Old 07/02/2004, 07:06 AM
TOF

samsonNY

Quote:
Originally posted by SamsonNY
No, for both.
But weekend sale price: $90 each.

Tagamet might take one.

I'm off on Monday and scheduling people for Monday for equipment.
During this weekend, I'm going to move the whole set-up into the garage so that I can start cleaning up the holes in the den walls.
After Monday, whatever equipment I have left: I'll probably list in the local paper and/or E-Bay.
YGPM. I'm on the road shortly
Tagamet
Old 07/02/2004, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

I'll take one of the Iwaki pumps if you're willing to ship it?

Please!!
Old 07/02/2004, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Tag,
Got your PM. Drive safe. I'll see you in a few hours.

LHHFMF,
A few people have already asked.

As of this moment, I'm going to see what I can sell this weekend (no shipping).

After Monday, I'll consider shipping items that are left (and not too big; ie: the chiller).

My first priority today is selling the fish since I'm moving the tank into the garage tomorrow morning so that the den is clear and ready to be cleaned up.
Old 07/02/2004, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

I'll take one or both Iwaki pumps if available. I could pick them up saturday. PM me with your address if available.
Old 07/02/2004, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by firefish15
I'll take one or both Iwaki pumps if available. I could pick them up saturday. PM me with your address if available.

Sent you a PM. We'll talk later.
Old 07/02/2004, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sent you a PM. We'll talk later.
Got your PM buy you didn't give your telephone number. Are any of the pumps still available?
Old 07/02/2004, 10:25 PM
TOF

Argh

Quote:
Sent you a PM....
Hi,
Just a note to say that I JUST got home from SamsonNY's roadtrip. What took 4 hours to get there, took over 7 hours to return.
Anyway, thanks for all the great stuff, SamsonNY. I'm almost surprised, but the tang is still swimming upright and I'm acclimating him now (actually on his second bucket).
To everyone else following this thread, ALL of SamsonNY's equipment is like it just came out of the store (and some of it actually just did). Very nice guy to work with and deals that you can't beat with a stick. I do know that the one Iwaki, skimmer, 2 automatic feeeders, and a cannister filter are "gone" (read in my vehicle). I think he had someone picking up the remaining livestock shortly after I left. If I had any more money left, I'd do the drive again tomorrow to pick up anything that's left. DON'T miss out on these deals!.
Tagamet
Old 07/02/2004, 10:37 PM
How many is too many?

If an Iwaki is still available ill take it and can pick it up this weekend! Let me know!
Chris
Old 07/02/2004, 10:54 PM
TOF

Quote:
Originally posted by cb747
If an Iwaki is still available ill take it and can pick it up this weekend! Let me know!
Chris
I haven't looked up the GPH on the Iwaki's but they have to move some SERIOUS water, from the looks of them. They also have the Japanese motor (sorry, but they are better than the American version).
Good luck, there was one there 9 hours ago, but I know there were people still arriving to get stuff when I was leaving.
HTH,
Tagamet
Old 07/02/2004, 11:02 PM
How many is too many?

Hopefully im not too late I want to upgrade my return pump and that would be perfect!
Chris
Old 07/02/2004, 11:07 PM
TOF

cb747

Quote:
Hopefully im not too late I want to upgrade my return pump and that would be perfect!
Chris
He was having company either tonight or tomorrow, so I'd PM him and not be too disappointed if he doesn't get to reply immediately. Moving that tank and stand out into the garage will keep him VERY busy all by itself (and company on top of that, gag)
Tagamet
Old 07/02/2004, 11:14 PM
How many is too many?

Its also 12:13 in the AM He might be sleeping LOL He will see my post next time he checks in. I have a feeling it might be gone. A few people have inquired about it so far
Chris
Old 07/02/2004, 11:40 PM
TOF

Quote:
Its also 12:13 in the AM He might be sleeping LOL He will see my post next time he checks in. I have a feeling it might be gone. A few people have inquired about it so far
Chris
Time flies when you're stuck on the interstate! I wouldn't give up on it too soon. especially if you can pick it up. He was VERY reluctant to get involved with shipping (AND it'd weigh just short of a ton).

Tagamet
Old 07/02/2004, 11:57 PM
TOF

SamsonNY

R,
The Sohal tang is gorgeous. Just stunning. Your idea of "six inches" was off by about 6 inches. Two flips of his tail and he's gone the 8 foot length of the tank! He really dwarfs all the other fish in there. I hope he's fairly gentle (he came from a pretty tough neighborhood, lol).
Thanks again,
Tagamet
Old 07/03/2004, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Guys,

Very sorry, but I don't have time to check equipment or do replies.

The storm last night tore down my power lines, my phone lines and cable lines. (Still connected, but everything's on the patio and LIVE WIRE).

Have to deal with that right now.

I'll check in later today once things are a little calmer here.

Tag,
Good deal. Pleasure meeting you.

Richard.
Old 07/03/2004, 07:50 AM
How many is too many?

Ok no problem. That was a pretty nasty storm. I will be around all qweekend and Monday so just let me know Goodluck with the wires. I might be interested in some other stuff as well
Chris
Old 07/03/2004, 08:58 AM
Premium Member

Please put me on the list for the Iwakis, if they are still available. I can meet youthis weekend if need be. I live in Douglaston.

Thanks and good luck
Old 07/03/2004, 10:32 AM
TOF

SampsonNY

Quote:
Guys,...

The storm last night tore down my power lines, my phone lines and cable lines. (Still connected, but everything's on the patio and LIVE WIRE).
Have to deal with that right now.
I'll check in later today once things are a little calmer here.
Tag,
Good deal. Pleasure meeting you.
Richard.
Wow, and I thought I had it bad stuck in traffic (g). I have a pair of rubber boots you might be interested in.....

BE SAFE.

The tang is cruising away this morning. (I just turned the lights on) Given his size, I'd better check and see if all the other fish have jumped out yet (g). Gorgeous fish. I think I'd throw the survivors in a different tank and just keep the tang in there.

AGAIN, BE SAFE. Water and electric are nasty together. Besides, you have a lot of holes to patch in that wall - and then there's the rug....(g)
Tagamet
Old 07/03/2004, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Okay. Taking a little breather here.

Still no LIPA...

Basically: Almost everything is sold. Thanks to all that showed up and hope you enjoy all the stuff.

Sorry to CB and others if the items you wanted are already sold.

Tank/stand/canopy/lights are pending with anothermineral.

Items left:

Chiller
one Canister (with cartridges)
Mixing vat

Misc. little stuff. that'll just go with the above.
Old 07/03/2004, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Re: SampsonNY

Quote:
Originally posted by Tagamet
Wow, and I thought I had it bad stuck in traffic (g). I have a pair of rubber boots you might be interested in.....

BE SAFE.

The tang is cruising away this morning. (I just turned the lights on) Given his size, I'd better check and see if all the other fish have jumped out yet (g). Gorgeous fish. I think I'd throw the survivors in a different tank and just keep the tang in there.

AGAIN, BE SAFE. Water and electric are nasty together. Besides, you have a lot of holes to patch in that wall - and then there's the rug....(g)
Tagamet
Thanks Tag.

Great to hear regarding the tang. He's a beauty.

And, yeah, I'm being careful.
The worst part is: Cablevision or Verizon won't show up until after LIPA repairs the electrical line.
Old 07/03/2004, 10:54 AM
TOF

Re: Re: SampsonNY

Quote:
Thanks Tag.

Great to hear regarding the tang. He's a beauty.

And, yeah, I'm being careful.
The worst part is: Cablevision or Verizon won't show up until after LIPA repairs the electrical line.
Nothing is easy. The incredibly GOOD part is that your livestock are all safe. If the storm had hit a day earlier, we'd be attending their funerals (assuming you don't have a UPS).

If I was in your damp moccassins, I'd pull the picture of that mixing vat from your website, and post it in a new thread. Somebody with a big tank will snatch that puppy up. I looks great (I was tempted, but no $ left, lol).
If you get totally stuck (read desperate to get rid of it, g) LMK about any odds and ends you have left in a couple of weeks (after I have another pay). I'm assuming the pluming will go with the tank, but any fixtures left over might be worth it, strainers, unions, ball valves, etc)
Great meeting you. Oh, I saw the manual for the skimmer on your coffee table, and forgot to ask for it. Please, don't throw it away. I know you're tied up for the next several weeks/months, but eventually maybe you could stick it in an envelope for me (or I might be coming down again)
No carpet surfers yet.
Tagamet
Old 07/03/2004, 01:11 PM
TOF

Manual(s)

Hi,
I got out on the Red Sea site and found manuals for the filter and skimmer, so no need to send it/them.
Thanks,
Tagamet
PS What did the tang like to eat? He's ignoring flake, pellets, and most of the nori, but is picking at the rocks like he's hungry.
Old 07/03/2004, 01:27 PM
TOF

Iwaki rlt100

1" Inlet/Outlet
2000 GPH @ 4 Ft
39.0 Ft Max Head
For Pressure Applications
Japanese Made Motor

(Tim, The Toolman Taylor grunts) More power than a Binford 2400!

I need to get out more.....

Tagamet
Old 07/03/2004, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Okay.

He was eating spirulina wafers, Marine formula 2 pellets, freeze-dried krill, frozen angel formula and shrimp.

He always ate at every feeding and all the different foods.

Maybe he's still adjusting but, he always was a good eater. He should go back to that in no time.

Yeah, those Iwaki 100s are monsters.