Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/22/2007, 07:13 AM
Limestone cowboy

I just wanted to add. Cantonese, i would wait till you could make a decision on which is best in threads that people own the skimmers they are promoting. The SWC extreme has alot of potential, but is untested by the public. If it does pan out and they are good then more power to them.
On the ones you suggested the euroreef seems to be the better build, and pump. JMO
The extremes could be all that and a bag of chips, But i would wait to make a purchase on that if you can.
Old 12/22/2007, 09:26 AM
clownfish fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scotmc
I could agree more fishbulb2. In looking for a skimmer. ER was established and had a good price point. I am also tired of people hyping a product they have not even used. Maybe these boys have a stake in the reseller. I would hope so. Way too much cheerleading.

Flamer dude,
Old 12/22/2007, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GSMguy
Flamer dude,
I would be interested in know what that means??
Old 12/22/2007, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JCTewks
I'm all for supporting american companies, but if we had to buy "Made in the U.S.A" everything, we'd all be broke buyng groceries everyweek...not to mention everything else!
Ummm, most of your groceries are made in the U.S.

Yeah, like Creetin says, get the ER if you need a skimmer now.
Old 12/22/2007, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the feedback!

I'll need the skimmer fairly soon, so I'll probably go with an EuroReef. I was surprised the aqua euro was not mentioned - maybe nobody's had experience with these?

Would the Rs180 be a better choice for this system than the Rs135? Also are the recirculating skimmers (like the ER CS's) worth the extra money?
Old 12/22/2007, 11:03 PM
Limestone cowboy

Well i never was a fan of the recircs for the amt of extra cash they cost for so little reward over the internals. I think the 180 will do nicely too, and if you ever add say a nice fuge or a frag tank to the system youre good to go.
Aqua euro's are ok, But youre better off with the euro.
The euro is a great built skimmer, and will last. I would not hesitate with the euro with the list you have and price range.
Old 12/23/2007, 03:50 AM
Registered Member

Can you fit a DAS EX2? that is what i would get for sure! should be available now also and would take it any day over an RS135.

I owned the RS180 and have DAS NOW. I would go DAS over this line of ER's.

now the ER Rc's are a diffrent story