Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/12/2007, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Mine!

HA HA TWO TODAY!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 04/12/2007, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PoukieBear
Nope, not married to UH_OH, he's just a fling on the side.
hmm, interesting concept.

carrie, if you don't stop, i'm gonna hafta hurt you.
Old 04/12/2007, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

I really don't get the point. I mean I get the POINT, but why not make ALL stamps 'forever' stamps? -or - why wouldn't one buy ONLY forever stamps in the future? The best reason I can see is that they don't come in a roll???

The USPS won't change to all stamps being forever stamps because they'd miss out on the extra $$ from people buying 'regular' stamps and having to buy the extra .01 & .02 stamps after increases like before.
Old 04/13/2007, 07:40 AM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonsey
I really don't get the point. I mean I get the POINT, but why not make ALL stamps 'forever' stamps? -or - why wouldn't one buy ONLY forever stamps in the future? The best reason I can see is that they don't come in a roll???

The USPS won't change to all stamps being forever stamps because they'd miss out on the extra $$ from people buying 'regular' stamps and having to buy the extra .01 & .02 stamps after increases like before.
No kidding. I hate buying those darn things. You should be able to bring the stamps back and trade them in for the right ones when they raise postage.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 04/13/2007, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Actually, I am wondering myself why they are offering something that will potentially lose them money? I think they plan on lowering stamp prices soon. Think about it.

What does the post office have to gain from offering something that, essentially, raises in value for the customer, and potentially loses money for the USPS. Lets say the raise the price again from 41 to 45. Then they lose 4 cents per stamp.

However, lets say they drop the price to 35.... they then earn 6 cents per stamp.
You MUST have Metal Halides
DSP & BB are BOTH wrong
Your skimmer sucks
Your W/Cs regimen is wrong
Your tank is too small for a Tang
Old 04/13/2007, 09:42 AM
Grampa Extroardinaire

I'm guessing that buy the consumer purchasing their product (a stamp), and not having to perform the service (deliver mail) that the interest income earned will offset the increased cost of the services performed, if and when they do it. It also gets them cash now and let the future leaders figure it out when that time comes.

Too old for women to care
Old 04/13/2007, 09:55 AM
Team RC Member

The sun will rise in the west.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.