Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Maine - Salt Water Addicts of Maine (SWAM)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2007, 02:25 PM
Premium Member

If anyone wants to call about the trip, here's the number:
Alpine Adventure Tours: 1-800-797-9850 or 786-7600
Mitz
Old 01/23/2007, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Driftwood
I am definitely all set with that bus ride... Reminds me of when I was a kid and it took 6 hours to go from Kittery to Bangor. I think the price is fair but I can get there much quicker by car and save enough money to stop in at a LFS in Boston and buy something.

Dave
I like how you think Dave.
I would like to make pit stops on the way home and check out some different LFS in MA and NH ~ what a great way to end a perfect day!
Old 01/23/2007, 10:38 AM
Premium Member

Dave, How many are going between you and Deb? I would love to take my truck down and I can hold a bunch. I would only have my daughter with me. Let me know, Mitz
Old 01/24/2007, 09:26 PM
Zoanthid Connisseur

I would ride the bus, unless anyone needs me to drive them...

Laurie

SWAM Rules! (SaltWater Addicts of Maine)
Old 01/25/2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Im wondering, besides Mitz, who is planning on bringing kids?.
I don't really consider mitz daughter a kid cause shes older and can go to the potty by herself LOL...im talking about 6 years and under.
Old 01/25/2007, 01:30 PM
Reef Addict

We are going to try and get a sitter for the kids but we may end up bringing Hailey. It's nice to get away sometimes, but I think she would really enjoy this one.

Dave
Old 01/25/2007, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

So if you are going to bring Hailey, are you paying an extra 65dollar for the bus trip?
Im to lazy to call the place to ask. I think Jack would enjoy it also he's 4, but not if I have to pay 65bucks for him
Old 01/25/2007, 03:15 PM
Premium Member

Dave, How many are going between you and Deb? I would love to take my truck down and I can hold a bunch. I would only have my daughter with me. Let me know, Mitz

OOOps, this was meant for Sissy. Bus or van? If enough of us really want to drive we could meet down here somewhere like BK on the pike at K'bunk and follow each other. I don't mind either way. It's going to be fun. LFS in Boston sounds fun too.
Old 02/02/2007, 09:32 AM
Reef Addict

Yeah, we should make a train so no one gets lost. lol. We are definitely going to hit up a LFS in Boston also, we just need to find a really nice one to go to that isn't to far from the aquarium or is on the way home.

I think we are going to ride with Preston and Amanda, they have a large van. We will have 4 adults and probably 3 kids.

Dave
Old 02/02/2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

So the bus trip is out then? If so, we can change the date of the trip. Maybe a weekend day would be better.
Old 02/02/2007, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

Either way. I think it would be less crowded during the week but, if folks can't go because of work then Sat or Sun works. The more the merrier especially swammies.