Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What would u do?
Do nothing, start again with bigger tank 120 30.85%
throw her across the room 9 2.31%
throw her out the window 32 8.23%
Call the police 29 7.46%
Kill her 69 17.74%
Divorce 130 33.42%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/13/2007, 06:36 AM
compulsive fragomaniac

yeah, so stop cheating on her before she gets the idea.
Old 05/13/2007, 06:37 AM
Pragmatic Majic

PLEASE say this is a joke post!

That is terrible, I would be utterly devastated.

She is that mad about a hobby that incorporates beauty, knowledge and dedication? I hate to see what she would do if you took up with meth, prostitutes or some of us hot reefer chicks.

If this was just complaining I would say find a way to involve her in the hobby or throw some money at her to shut her up, but this goes far beyond complaining. It's past the land of crazy and well into the country of insanity, nearing the planet of psychopath, and on the way to the black hole of total lunacy. I can see the event horizon from where I'm standing and I don't know you from Adam.

I would seriously consider getting away from that crazy bleep before she sucks you in, never to be seen again.

Really, it is indicative of serious, SERIOUS issues, that probably have virtually nothing to do with your hobby.

If you intend to stay I would insist on counciling, otherwise get as far away as fast as possible. Really.

Run, Forrest, Run!!!!
Old 05/13/2007, 06:45 AM
compulsive fragomaniac

Assume there is the part he isn't telling us: the ultimate royal screwup he pulled I'm not siding up with anyone's story so fast.

but, regardless of the human situation, I insta-hate anyone who hurts the animals maliciously.
Old 05/13/2007, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hop
Is this a bad time to say that what she did is a mandatory arrest under the domestic violence laws. First it was criminal mischief when done in a manner to coerce, intimidate, alarm or annoy, when involved in an intimate relationship, mandates an arrest. In addition cruelty to animal charges may apply in your state.

Either way, there is an issue and she needs counseling. She killed living creatures to spite you. Not a good thing.

Take it from me... After one horrible relationship, I swore off women. I packed up my jeep and dog and spent five years as a hermit. Later on I found out that there still are some good women out there and happened to find the right one.

At anyrate, good luck with both the tank and what ever you decide on the relationship!!!! In regards to the tank, I would say water changes ( alot of them), carbon and a poly filter. And a whole lot of hope
amen!
Old 05/13/2007, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

I agree with Frick n Frags. But I worry more for him. What's going to happen to him next if things doesn't go her way?
Old 05/13/2007, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

pour superglue between her but cheeks
Old 05/13/2007, 07:08 AM
yes it's my aquarium

Quote:
Originally posted by HBtank
If you do not have kids, cut and run.
I'll second that
Old 05/13/2007, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by msman825
pour superglue between her but cheeks
Bahahahahahhahaha, that would be hilarious!!!!

In all seriousness, this is a sign of a severe problem. If she is willing to destroy something that you love, not to mention something that is alive, just to prove a point it shows some serious instability. This may escalate later into even more evil, violent behaviour. I would kick her to the curb, and take her to court over the tank.

Is there some way to divorce someone and have them not get half of everything because they are 100% ape**** crazy?
Old 05/13/2007, 08:42 AM
Flowalicious

I dont see why theres any debate here.

If she had poisoned your dog because she was ****ed off at you, she'd have already been arrested. You need to treat this like that, because thats basically what she did.

Call the cops. This isnt going to get any better, and the more records you have of stuff like this, the better off you'll be.
Old 05/13/2007, 09:00 AM
Moved On

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reefshadow
[BShe is that mad about a hobby that incorporates beauty, knowledge and dedication? I hate to see what she would do if you took up with meth, prostitutes or some of us hot reefer chicks.

Im not into meth nor prostitutes; however, Iam very willing to take it up with you hot reefer chicks. Just pm me and let me know
Old 05/13/2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Divorce her.

If she is that intolerant of a hobby, no matter what it might be, that means that deep inside she doesn't really care about your needs.

The fact that she intentionally tried to kill creatures that had no defense speaks volumes about her moral fiber as a person.

There are lots of other women out there who will support and love, or at least tolerate, their partner's hobbies. Go find one of them.
Old 05/13/2007, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

first step, talk to every single lawyer in town about the possibility of divorce, so she can't get any of the lawyers, it's unethical for a lawyer to have a meeting with one spouse then defend the other in a divorce

second, get a storage unit and move all your most valuable stuff into it so she can't mess with it

third, arrange for someone to watch your fish

fourth, find a pig farmer with a lot of hungry pigs... goes with steps five and six

five, cut her into managable chunks

six, feed aformention chunks to the hungry pigs

seven, file a missing person report the next day after removing all her belongings and disposing of them somewhere

note only half serious about some of them, you decide
Old 05/13/2007, 09:07 AM
25 and over club

I would say that this is not the first arguement that the two of you have had... If she is that spiteful, then maybe a separation is in the future.
Ammonia: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: .15 (doing another water change)
PO4: .01
Ca: 500
Alk: 9.0 dKH
Mg: aprox. 1200
pH: 8.0
ORP: 320 average
Old 05/13/2007, 09:10 AM
I think I love my tank

Quote:
Originally posted by DSMpunk
I would get a bigger tank and start over =)
Good advice if punk was talking about getting a bigger tank and starting over with a new woman. Seriously, forget for a moment that this is about an aquarium. That is vindictive, selfish and borderline neurotic behaviour. I obviously don't know how old this relationship is but if it has any time I'm sure this isn't the first instance of this type of behavior, if it is a young relationship, watch out...you've got a long road ahead of you.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 05/13/2007, 09:19 AM
I think I love my tank

Quote:
Originally posted by davidryder
the divorce rate in the US is over 50%
It is actually less than 5%. Maybe your quote was just a typo.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 05/13/2007, 09:27 AM
Team RC Member

Spousal abuse comes in both genders and doesn't always involve hitting. If you're in a relationship like that, get out before there are kids involved. Your life deserves better, like someone you can share things with and above all, trust absolutely.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 05/13/2007, 09:29 AM
I think I love my tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Jojoyojimbi
first step, talk to every single lawyer in town about the possibility of divorce, so she can't get any of the lawyers, it's unethical for a lawyer to have a meeting with one spouse then defend the other in a divorce

second, get a storage unit and move all your most valuable stuff into it so she can't mess with it

third, arrange for someone to watch your fish

fourth, find a pig farmer with a lot of hungry pigs... goes with steps five and six

five, cut her into managable chunks

six, feed aformention chunks to the hungry pigs

seven, file a missing person report the next day after removing all her belongings and disposing of them somewhere

note only half serious about some of them, you decide
If you are going to do 4-7, I would skip 1-3. That could lead to some undue suspicion. If you are going to off the b@%ch, than you should not change any of your daily habits. Certainly DO NOT take out a large life insurance policy.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 05/13/2007, 10:02 AM
Addicted to the Reef

call the cops NOW!
this is like her killing your dog or your kid...

then divorce her and start over with a new girl and a huge tank.
either way call the cops so if in the future more crap happens you have a record of it ot being the first time she was a sick sick b#$%#

"to many tanks not enough r/o"
Old 05/13/2007, 10:17 AM
will work for fish food!

I've had 2 GF's in the past w/ temper problems, and both did the "you love your tank more than you love me".
Both times made me think of fatal attraction w/ the boiling rabbit.
Chicks w/ tempers scare me.
I'd get out as fast and clean as possible.
Hitting you is one thing(still not tolreated), but hurting an innocent animal is just vendictive and cruel.
Old 05/13/2007, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Coming from a female, that is just plain out cold. I would never to anything to like that to my husband!! You need to talk to her about that action!!!
Old 05/13/2007, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

I'm not going to speculate about your domestic problems except to say that someone who would lash out against an innocent creature is not well, and that you have some real thinking to do about your future.

30G system - ouch. Not much water there to work with. I hope you did the water change and carbon thing, and I do hope you managed to save at least some of your livestock.
Old 05/13/2007, 11:01 AM
Addicted to the Reef

i dont think that the terriaki would do much to a tank

but still its the act of her hoping that it will kill the tank

same thing as if i added suger to your tank in hopes of killing everything ( that is wrong and cruel. and against teh law.. even tho inreality it wont hurt anything)

"to many tanks not enough r/o"
Old 05/13/2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

if you dont have kids with her id cut and run as well.i agree this is no different than killing or harming a dog or cat.she must be a real BIOTCH to do something like that.SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE FROM MY HOUSE.buh-bye baby
Old 05/13/2007, 11:21 AM
Team RC Member

Note: get photos, get records, including this online one, and visit a lawyer. You were attacked. There's no reason you should end up paying big alimony to a person who's acted this way. Present yourself in court as calm, dignified, offended, and sane. You've got to look better than someone who attacks a fish with a bottle of teriyaki sauce.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 05/13/2007, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

If she has this much blatant disregard for life, think of what would happen if you had children.

You must to file a police report. These kinds of actions are illeagal for a reason.

Then decide if she is worth staying around for.