Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/13/2006, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Talking wish me luck

I am going to set up a horsie pen, my mind is made up. That and the wife is twisting my arm a tad. I have a 30Gxt moded with a 12L by 4W(front to back) external overflow. The sump will be a 10G to house a carbon reactor and a tricked out seaclone. The return pump will be a QuietOne1200 for a slow turnover. I have a batch of Marshall LR that is infested with a kelp like macro alge wich will go in the tank, I'd say 40# worth at least 40% of wich is crawling with the kelp. 20# of special grade argonite sand. The trouble I am having is do I stick with the 10,000k 150W MH pendant or switch to a 50/50 130W PC fixture I have collectin dust. I would like input on the "planned" setup and tips on growing my macro. I'd love to have a SW planted tank.