Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07/25/2005, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Found Mantis Shrimp, anyone want it??

Hello, I just came back from one of the lfs and i bought a nice boulder covered with different colored zoos, i floated it for about an hour while i worked on my pc and i took the rock out and placed it right in the center of my nano. As im looking at it i noticed these little starfish that are miniscule but i have seen them labeled as pests, but no biggie about those since i have 2 pairs of harlequin shrimp in that same tank. As i look around i saw two little antenna's and eyes come out of a hole, and i freaked, thank god i had the bag still full of water where the piece came in and i tapped on the glass to scare him and go back in and i took the rock out quickly. So yeah hes definetly a mantis, and i really dont want to flush him. I know some peeps like them so if anyone around the Miami, Fl. area wants him you can pick him up, or ill take him to u w/e. i just dont want to kill him. he only peeked out a bit and i know his face area is black but i believe he has some green on him too.