Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09/09/2004, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Thesea.org service is 2/10

Folks-

Quick review. On Wednesday over a week ago, I put in a $300+ order asking for Friday delivery. The order was accepted online, but I was subsequently told that I wouldn't be told when it would ship until Sunday or Monday of the next week. Fine.
I didn't hear from Blane Perun until Tuesday, a day later than I was told. By now, it was already one day short of a week after the order had been placed. He said he'd ship the order on Thursday for Friday delivery.
On Thursday, the day before the delivery was to arrive (and after we had already made plans to be home all day), he sent me an email saying that he didn't have enough quality stock on hand and the shipment would be delayed yet another week, for some undetermined date.
After having waited and waited, I cancelled the order.
On the plus side, and to his credit, I didn't get shipped subpar specimens. On the negative side, he should have known that they weren't available before the day of shipment and let me know earlier so that we would not have wasted me and my friend's time scheduling to be home. He either has poor knowledge of his inventory or he accepted new orders after having scheduled mine.
One more point. He said he was waiting for 3 deliveries over the next couple days, which would give him stock to ship me. I thought his site heavily implied that the stock was propogated. Well, that isn't the case.
I can't comment on the quality of his stock and he did, to his credit, not ship me junk. Still, I experienced several delays and he twice missed dates which he had given me. Finally, he couldn't perform and, not wanting to wait any longer, I chose to cancel.
He did waste my time, for which I am not appreciative. Caveat emptor.
LOS