Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08/20/2004, 02:06 PM
troublemaker

Dave - To be honest ... how long do most people wait to declare success [or more successful than last method]?

Not long, if you judge by the Zeovit threads ... or just about every other method. [it would be a 15 page single post if we listed all that had remarkable early success ....] I think it's just the way we as humans work - not that it's accurate, but the way it is.

I know we agree that things are a bit too trend-driven ... and I'm betting that's part of your concern here. And mighty valid one too. Thus I really like where I see Randy going with his `list of problems' - to define the `scary issues' and move understanding along - not regurgitated internet `information'. Thus I see this thread trying to work into things, define things better ... and work past the different `camps' that so often happen. I might like camping, but hate when I do it online [sorry, all my anthropology grad classes can't help but note the odd internet-behavior exhibited by reefkeepers ... where some amazing colored picture can sell out a product before it's available (phosban reactor)].