Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/10/2008, 01:53 PM
Professional Obfuscator

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefmack
On the styrofoam under the tank - I'm confused as to what the purpose is? To absorb vibrations or ? I can't see it help keep the tank level as I would think it would just eventually become more compressed under the heaviest portion of the tank. I'm not sure what the idea is with regard to torsion?
Yes, the tank will level itself out somewhat as it 'squishes' into the styrofoam...and it also makes it less woobly under some conditions...

But it has to be the proper type of styrofoam or foam...and now I can't remember which is the good stuff...the high density is better though...

Still no reply to my question of how many boxer crabs I can fit in the RSM...but a poster left a very nice video of one of her crabs...you guys might enjoy it! It's under 'Other invertebrates'.