Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/10/2008, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes.

Hey folks I know its been sometime and most have wondered what has become of me and my tanks. Well long story short I have had some serious downs with the tanks and lots of family stuff including a few deaths which hasn't helped. So after lots of long hard debate I have decided to take a break from the hobby after 6 years and liquidate everything I have. I am only 30 so I still have lots of time to find my way back into the hobby which I am confident I will just now is not the time and I don't want to store what I have .

First to go will be corals, live rock,clams and fish. Equipment will be after all live goods are gone. The more you buy the better deal I will cut .

Most importantly is I need to find a very good home for a pair of maroon clowns a 9 year old female and a 2 year old male plus their host . A very large anemone. 24" diameter easy largest captive anemone I have seen besides at huge aquariums like Shed ect. . Needs a 2ft wide tank .Also need lots of light 250mh at least and moderate to low flow . If I know you its all good .If I don't then you will have to let me know how long you have been in the hobby and all the good info about your tank plus have someone I know vouch for you . $300obo

Another fish that needs to go to a well kept home is my 5" PBT I have had this guy for 6 years .He has delt with ick and kicked it natually a few times since I have had him anyways he is ick free as of now . I love him to death . He his well mannered very nice blue (cream of the crop). Considering he is basically tank raised or well adjusted to captive life. Lives in a 180g $100 obo

Next is my Vlamingii Tang I raised him from 50cent size and he is now 8+ inches. Anyways he is very friendly eats from the hand and just a plain good citizen. Loves to stare at you $100 obo

Medium/large Male madirian. Does not eat anything but live food . Lives in my 180 with 200+lbs of live rock and is very fat and healthy. $20

Black cap basset large. This guy is big and hard to catch. Very rich color. $40

Pair of PJ cardinals. $20

lubbucks wrasse $20

1 small female perc tank raised ora $15

-----------------------------------------------------
LIVE ROCK
$3 lb and I have alot 400lbs or so . Over the 6 years in this hobby I have collected alot of very nice rock some I have paid up to $9 a pound, everything from huge show pieces, tonga, tonga branch,tonga deep water, bali ;marshall islands, kaline , figi ect. This is all well established rock with an abundance of life .

First round of equipment .

Tunze wavebox Like new Yes Like new . I just recently bought a new updated pump as the orginal died. I guess it was a know issue on ealier wavebox but corrected with the newer pump. Also the impellor is brand new also . So the controller and housing are the only things not new. Asking $425

Large dual chamber calcium reactor filled with fresh ARM media. Ran my fully stock 180g sps with no problems . Comes with nice 5lb aluminum co2 bottle but no regulator as it fried in an undertank water hose break. $275

Americale 600gph hang on the back overflow with new brand new U tube $35

Martini Low range phosphate Colorimeter. $135 has lots of test left.

Ati Bubble master 150 skimmer seen very little use $300

Tropic marin Pro coral elements A and K almost full very little used Paid 32 a bottle sell both for $40

I will add corals later......... If any prop member is read please contact me as I want to make some coral donations. As I feel bad for the death of prop corals that were in my care.

Thx Chris

Last edited by clkwrk; 01/10/2008 at 02:00 AM.