Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/30/2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

please help - need to submit a big order within in the next few hours

Hello everyone,

Thanks to everyones help in the "please help me select a the right tank" thread, I now have a 65 gallon tank, and it's just the right size for my living room.

I am going to be starting a reef tank with live corals and anemones as well as a few fish (clowns, blennies, etc...). Now I know I can get everything I need in stages, however, I worked out some credit at the fish store and am able to save a ton of money if I get everything now. I won't however be able to go down to the fish store myself and ask them in person what I need and will need to ask my cousin to place the order for me. I'm hoping the more experienced hobbiests could help me put together a shopping list including the brand and model number of the items I need.

My cousin will only have today to pick the stuff up and I would of course need to let him know what all I need as soon as possible... hopefully someone here can help me out within the next couple hours.

I already have the salt, two power heads a heater and a hydrometer...

So... what all do I still need?

Lights
For corals and anemones I hear I need a very good light.

Live rock
How much and what kind?

Sand
I would like fine white sand (not the stuff that looks like crushed coral), just don't know what brand or the name.

Filter
I guess I don't need a big filter with all the LR I'll have but I guess I need one to get started, correct? Which one do I need?

Protein Skimmer
which one?

Water Conditioner
which one?

Test Kit
which one?

Cleaning Supplies
What do I need?

Please also let me know what I'm missing (other than a clean up crew, corals and fish, which I'll of course have get at a later time)

Thank you all so much in advance!

Last edited by Marinus; 12/30/2007 at 10:42 AM.