Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09/13/2007, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Am I just really lucky or just good that I can get certain hard to keep fish to eat?

So i'm pretty fortunate to have acquired a BLACK leapord wrasse which is beautiful. At first wouldn't touch prepared food, but now destroys mysiss shrimp like it's his last meal. Whenever I walk to the front of the tank he shoots to the top like my other fairy wrasses.

My other hard to get to eat fish is a copper banded butterfly. I was having a med side aptasia outbreak and no matter how many I killed with elim-aptais, for every 1 I killed 4 would take its place. Finially, I tried pepermints who I havn't seen in a month. So I was at a local lfs and saw a beautiful cbb and asked them to feed him and I saw him eat FLAKE FOOD.....i went . So I brought him home, and my a-hole sohal proceeded to be himself and chase him around the tank, but the funny thing is I saw the cbb stand up for himself and turn sideways and stick his spines up. The sohal went and swam away, but he really doesn't mess with him that much. The CBB is 5 inches, the sohal is 4 inches. So, i've got a feather duster outbreak in my tank and was tired of pulling them off the rocks. Thankfully, the cbb got rid of ALL of them withing a few hours . So I decided to try a few different food to see if I could get him to eat. Low and behold he tried a piece of mysis, spit it back out then finially finished it. This was about 4 days ago, and ever since them he eats so much mysis he throws it up, then eat the throw-up. Boy, am I luck or what?! Lol.....