Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09/07/2007, 10:00 PM
Premium Member

Iostream's RSM thread

This starts the log of my RSM reef going into my office. I have been away from salt water tanks for about 4 years now after a series of events led me to decommission my 140G reef in 2003. Basically the center brace disconnected on the tank, and migrating to a new tank just didn't make sense at the time for various reasons (who are a bit older now .
The tank has arrived. I spent most of the evening putting together the stand. It took much more time to remove the plastic coating on each piece than it took to actually assemble the pieces.
I also hooked up the RO/DI unit and started making water. Hopefully I will get the tank set up and filled over the weekend. As for mods, I bought Hydor Flows for each of the system pumps, and added a Tunze 6025 for additional flow. It does seem that new tanks are coming with the fan kit standard, though I might mod that with quieter fans.
More info (and pictures) once the tank is in place.