Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06/19/2007, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

ATTN: LFS employees

Post your favorite story about a "special" customer that we all have delt with at some time or another. I'll start with a few.....

A man walks in and asks if it's ok to boil your gravel. We tell him we don't see why not but why would you want to? He says his tank had all these "bugs" crawling in the gravel and his wife didn't like them because they were creepy. So she siphons out all the gravel and boils it to kill the "bugs" and puts it back in the tank. Then we tell him they are amphipods, copepods, etc and they are beneficial and blah blah blah....

A man walks in and asks how to cure live rock. We tell him how and he says that's not the way the guy at the museum told him how. We ask what's the other way and he says "He told me you have to put it in the microwave." Stunned we ask "So how'd that turn out?" He said "White. It turns it nice and white." Ever since then we make the joke amongst ourselves "So how many minutes per pound do you reccomend while curing your live rock in the microwave?"

Mid afternoon one Saturday we sell a guy a power compact fixture for his 75 gallon that was like 3 or 4 hundred bucks. About five minutes before closing time he walks in with the fixture and says it's not working for some reason. He brings it over to the counter so we can plug it in and check it out. I plug it in and nothing happens so i reach over to the swich and *CLICK* and the fixture lights up the whole room. The guy is clearly embarrassed and says "You've got to be kidding me." He picks up his fixture, walks out of the store, and we never see him again.

I thought I'd share these stories so that maybe it would make somebody laugh and to prove that no matter how clueless you think some lfs employees are, there are customers that are ten times as worse. Please post your "special" stories