Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

The crack actually wraps around from the right side, around the corner, to the front of the tank. I will say I had it level but if I had water go exactly to the edge on the left side, I would have enough air to place maybe a 1/16th or 1/32nd of an inch on the right side but I think that may have also been because the intake to the skimmer, etc being on the right. But if that was the case, the left side would have taken more stress. I do not think a leveling problem was what caused the crack. I will call RedSea on Monday and see what they have to say. It says in the manual that the tank glass is not covered but what do I have to loose. Even AZSeaBottom believes it was a manufactors defect but who knows. Thanks everyone for your help, it was a big help and relieve knowing everyone was there to help! Ryan, I got those tubs from WalMart, they do work great. I did run up to AZSeaBottom and bought another tank, I am only using the actual tank, none of the parts. Maybe I can work something out with RedSea. AZSeaBottom also gave me some tank water so I do not have to use so much fresh water. I just checked the corals in the tub and they appear to be doing ok. I have the hood over the tub but only running the atinics.
Old 01/06/2008, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

i want to try and retro fit a t5 ho kit in the rsm hood would u sell yours on the tank u just bought?
Old 01/06/2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

I am going to wait and see what RedSea says before I do anything but I will let you know if I end up selling it.
Old 01/06/2008, 06:50 PM
Genuine reef addict

Smo - Pinky is actually a her, not a him, and she still offers outstanding customer service.

shramj - sorry about your misfortune - a nightmare that we all fear happening to us.
Old 01/06/2008, 06:56 PM
Mushroom King

shramj

I have a 55 gallon in my back room that's been rolling for months now. My new T-5's wont be ordered until next week but your more then welcome to the whole thing. I only have a random CuC crew going in there Tuesday other then that I'll leave it empty so your babies have the tank to themselves. As far as the corals go you can put them in there to and hope they make it under my shop light until you figure out what your going to do or my T-5's arrive. Best I can do for ya man I'm at 99th ave and Peoria.

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid

Last edited by JMCAquarium; 01/06/2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01/06/2008, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

JMC, I have the 48" T-12 VHO retro I'll be using for the 90g. If it's needed LMK. I want to rewire the endcaps before fireing it up.
It's just mounted on 2-1"X6" boards right now, not real pretty, but it's a light we could have on there burning within about an hour.
Old 01/06/2008, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

JMCAquarium, thanks for the offer but I think I am doing ok now. I have my new tank filled with water and have everything in a tub with a power head and everything is looking better. I am going to work all night on it. Thanks for the offer.
Old 01/06/2008, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reefmack
Smo - Pinky is actually a her, not a him, and she still offers outstanding customer service.
I wondered about that!

Worked with a friend named Pinky and he was a dude. So I assumed the same.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01/06/2008, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

I did call her before and she gave me new fans for the hood. I really hope they will do something for me. I got to tell you that AZSeaBottom was a big help. They had the best price on the RedSeaMax and they hooked me up with some tank water. I really think that store is going to be sweet once they get everything going. Thanks to Ryan for the tub idea and everyone else for the offers and suggestions. Hopefully I can get everything back in order sooner then later. The tub idea is great. With this happening to me, I am going to make sure I am prepared for the worse. I wouldn't mind maybe discussing disaster recovery or something where we can help each other out in case this happens like when we are out of town or whatever. I always have someone watch my house when we are gone but they wouldn't have any idea what to do if something like this happened. Y-DesygnGuy, maybe me and you could cover for each other since we both live on the westside and both have the same tanks, just any idea for when we are out of town.
Old 01/07/2008, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

I just spoke with Pinky at RedSeaMax. She is going to send me a replacement tank. Talk about awesome service! Once I get it, I will probably be selling it. It will all be new, the stand, parts, and the tank.
Old 01/07/2008, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Awesome man, that is great news! I had a feeling they would stand behind their product!
Sorry you had an awful Sunday, but Monday sure is looking up!
Old 01/07/2008, 01:01 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Wow sorry to hear about your woes. Hope it all turns out OK. I was at AZSB meeting elzool when you called - they definitely wanted to help.

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 01/07/2008, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

I got the new tank running and the rock has been placed back in. Placing my corals back in and all are ok, not a one is having trouble. That tub idea is great, I suggest everyone pick one of those up in case you have to pull the stuff from your tank. The tub wasn't even $7.00. I will be placing the fish back in shortly. That extra tank water AZSB gave me was a life saver!
Old 01/09/2008, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

i just saw this in the nano section 34g rsm cracked scroll down a bit. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1281281

--------------------------------------------
Steven
Old 01/10/2008, 12:44 AM
Registered Member

sjm1978, thanks. I will post a reply on that thread.