Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/30/2004, 12:04 AM
Moved On

im not sure lunchbucket, i feel like accusations are getting thrown around, i got cause up in the middle beccause i made reference to this skimmer on ebay.

Im not sure why everyone is getting so worked up over it as far as i can tell no real wrong doing by anyone has gone on. I think its the mob syndrme, get a few poepel togheter throwing things around and forget aobut it
Old 01/30/2004, 03:08 AM
Sumthin's ain't right!

You can tell by the way he writes that both PRRD and reefman33 are the same person. reefman33 is actually banned, hence the tag line "Moved On."
Old 01/30/2004, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Look, I will prove that reefman33 is wedfr. I suspect PRRD links to Reefman33. So PRRD, you say you don't know
any of these people at all. So if it is proven that you are all these people, that will just mean you have abosolutely no creditability at all.

Here a post by wedfr, that is bumped by reefman33

Here another post by wedfr, that is bumped by reefman33 (within minutes of

Pretty sad here, as you answer yourself in your own post as you don't get many, then realize you screwed up.

Post by reefman33 bumped by wedfr :

Reefman33 was banned because he was wedfr and the above links prove that. And if you look at the posts of PRRD and Reefman33, DannyD, wedfr, etc....spelling style and grammar are identical.

For anyone that needs history on what we are talking about I was the first to expose him quickly:

if you read through this thread, I expose him on page 7 and he then gets banned.
Here

Here he comes back as DannyD and is quickly banned, then tries to give himself support with the ID wylie713 which then is exposed again

There is a ton of feedback here:

Please everyone, realize that this information is posted only to WARN everyone to becareful and that is all. There is a ton of information and angry customers to back all this up.

Also PRRD, wedfr, DannyD, or whatever you call yourself. Don't you find it funny how you innocently stumbled across this thread that Reefman33 started?

signing off:
Encyclopedia Brown

Last edited by ExtremeReefer; 01/30/2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01/30/2004, 02:10 PM
Moved On

OK OK, this is a little crazy so i will admit publicly that i am in fact wedfr/reefman33 etc etc. The only reason for so many names is because of YOU. It all started with the whole HQI thread which ruined for everyone. SInce you seem so intent on calling me out and investigating me and my postings etc etc i would really like to say you have been quite an *****. I dont see how selling a skimmer on ebay or taking up a collection to do a lighting tests cinsists of scamming people. Ive had to try and remove myself from my other names because you make multiple posts bashing me and trying to show me in a bad light yet you have never posted any of the positive feedback i have recieved, the numerous posts i have helped peopel on and tried to contribute to this board. Youll find not one person has ever and i mean ever been either screwed out of money or something i sold them, including the lighting test which you called a scam. Even after peopel recieved a refund of the money they donated and publically said so you continued to call me a scammer. What i find amazing is that you have only about 30 posts and 20 of them are on me. either you have an alias or you really have an obsession problem.

Anyway Reefman got banned because ihad a light fixture posted for sale, that wasnt selling so i listed it multiple times throughout the month at which point one of the mods cleared all my posts and wraned me not to do commercial postings. I explained what was going on and he apologized, put the posts back up. a week or so later it still wasnt sold so i posted again at which point i was just banned. You may verify that with the mods. i forget which one warned me.

I would appreciate it if you would get off of my back and let me be. I do nothing but contribute to the board. I offer things for sale on regular basis because i switch equipment constantly testing things out nd finding what i like best.

Do me a favor and include in your posts the positive feedback that i have recieved. and ask everyone that has complained weather they got their stuff or money back. Nobody was ever scammed.
Old 01/30/2004, 02:14 PM
Moved On

Also, Mods if you decide to ban me which you probably will. Do me a favor and let me stay on untill this is finished out. I deserve a chance to have my side heard and not just extreme constantly going off on me.

Thank You
Old 01/30/2004, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Let me start off by saying, The internet has been and still is the most informative resource out there today as information and research can be found with the click of a button. Reef Central is proof of this as it has helped me and countless others in building successful reef tanks. Wedfr, you have to understand that with a growing number of people on the Internet it is now very attractive to do business through the net. Credibility and reputation are everything when running any sort of business anywhere, but even more so through the internet where you are counting on the community (who has never ever met you) to purchase your goods.

You sir, have failed at rule # 1. You have shown through your own actions that you cannot be trusted. Self admitting that you are wedfr, reefman33, etc while publicly denying it all over this site, is a clear indication of how you cannot and should not be trusted. You have also had many dealings where you did not ship out merchandise that was bought and paid for until the local authorities were contacted which is another clear sign of lack of credibility. And we do not need people like that here. Why is it that you will only act when the pressure is felt? What do you have to hide?

I have been more than fair with you here. And I apologize again for turning this place into an ugly courtroom. But you have no right to blame your multiple IDs on me when in fact, and this is a straight fact here:

your wedfr ID was registered on Oct 2002 and banned from RC on 12/17/2003.
your wylie713 account was registered on Oct 2002, the exact same time as your wedfr account (How was this created because of me?)
your MDLR1 account was registered around Nov 2003, the same exact time you were trying to sell goods and you used this to bump your threads and to manipulate. (How was this created because of me?)

Saying that I was the reason is unfair when you had clear intention from the start to use multiple IDs to manipulate the community here for your own benefit and again we do not need people like that here.

If reefman33 got banned for what you said, then again you are demonstrating a clear act of misconduct by the standards of RC. Obviously you have violated many rules here and choose to make your own at times.

And why did you post that ebay skimmer as if you didn't know that it wasn't a real Euroreef? Stop trying to be sneaky.

I have never ignored your positive posts. Sure you have provided much input to the reefing community and should be thanked for that matter. But when you are dealing with other people's money, the tolerance level for you to act the way you do is very low. When you take money from someone, you are expected to deliver what was agreed. That is the reason why everyone has jumped on you and let me remind you, everyone that has jumped on you had a a sour transaction where they have bought something and did not receive their goods. Many times you would not answer anyone until threats to the local authorities were made. You sir are not to be trusted and i'll say it again, we do not need people like that here.

I am merely pointing out the facts. If you'd like to continue to have a debate, then live up to what you have done and stop hiding by registering for new names. Don't be angry at me, the facts are the facts.

signing off,
Encyclopedia Brown
Old 01/30/2004, 04:07 PM
Moved On

ok lets take this one at a time, I am in fact wedfr, reefman33, mdl1. I belive wedfr was registerd in 2001 not 2002, Wylie is NOT me it is a friend who tried to stick up for me, and got stuck with some bad consquences for doing so, if you look the posts we bumped for each other or said something you cna tell its 2 differnt people.

reefman33 was created because i was thinking on changin my email and liek to keep everythign the same but i ended up not doing it, you can see it sat idle for quite some time.

im not only saying i contributed to the board but i also have many positive feedbacks for transactions that were made between myself and other members. There was a week or 2 when i sold a ton of stuff because i completly revmped my system to try and cut electricity costs and told epople i was having trouble getting things out becaue i was stick at school during finals week etc, Some poepel were very good about it, some had absolutly no patience. Like i said check with every single one of them, they all ecieved their stuff or got a refund. Also i would like to mention jcoleman who boughta sump from me actually tried to scam me. Ironic isnt it lol. Actually i stil lmay be out 120 bucks. status is pending

Reefman was banned but for the mods assuming i was selling multiples of these lights. Which was not ture but that was there call. I wish they would tal to peopel before they ban them.

To say i dont repsond untill im threatened is completely untrue, ask any of them i respond all the time. Either they were using a wrong email or just had simply not tried to contact me untill it was already some time and when they dont get a responce within a a day they start threatening. Honestly if someone is going to threaten me then im not going to bother shipping there stuff id rather not have to deal with them and i issued them a refund.

I was at no time runnign a business on here. although i thought about doing something with some skimmers.drygoods but havent done anythign yet. IT sems people expect business quality service from a personal individual. If i ever do actually start a business then i will wait untill i can dedicate my time to it and make sure everythign goes out ASAP and customer service is prompt. As an idividual customer srvice isnt always top priority, I help out whenver i can but if i dont have time that day to read emails and respond then it waits untill the next. But i always get to everyone and make ure they are happy with what they got.

Check your dates again, check positive and negative feedback, checkup on the negatives and see how they feel and see if things were resolved, and then post what you found out. Dont do a half *** job and find some poepel who initially werent happy. If you dont wanan do the full job then dont start.
Old 01/30/2004, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

If I were you I'd stop posting. You are making it worse for yourself.

A deal is a deal, it doesn't matter if you are a private business or a large commercial one. Business is done on simple ethics and practices. If you have the time to post it and sell it, you better have the darn time to send it out.

And no I don't do a half *** job in anything. You did in fact register in Oct 2002 and so did wylie713

Proof

I'll mention that is the thread where you screwed up with your posting as well. You seem like you are running short on gas.

signing off,
Encyclopedia Brown
Old 01/30/2004, 04:46 PM
Moved On

hey if i post for sale and it take s week or 2 to sell my situation changes, I try to give poepel an idea of whats going on, On eguy who posted negative about me had me hold a pump for him for 2 weeks then expected me to ship it out same day. when i couldnt he got ****ed.

wedfr and wylie may be registered around the same time, liek i said that is a friend of mine and i told him about the site when i found it. wedfr and reefman who are both me are not registered around the same dates, iat least i dont think so.

Yes a deal is a deal, LIk ei said EVERYONE got whatever they paid for OR GOT A REFUND. I dont see where i didnt hold up my end of the deal???????

Nowhere do i have posted in my stuff for sale "will ship within 24 hours". Like i said im not a business.

So what is your point? that i ship late sometimes???
Old 01/30/2004, 04:46 PM
Moved On

oh BTW either you do a hallfass job or your reporting is half *** and you only post what you want too and not all the facts, In that case i think its even worse.
Old 01/30/2004, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Hey Wedr, my point was very clear in the beginning and I'll make it clear for everyone again. You are not to be trusted! And no one should buy anything from you. Your attiude says alot...

posted by PRRD
Quote:
So what is your point? that i ship late sometimes???
My pt was to prove that you are one individual who lacks dignity, competence, and credibility. All are essential when conducting business from either a seller's side or a buyer's side, would you disagree? I think I have proved all these points.
Sure, you state that everyone may have gotten a refund or their product, but to what measures did they take in order to get the products they so deserved? Ask yourself that. That in itself is enough to judge your business practices and even more importantly you as a person.

Originally posted by PRRD
Quote:
Nowhere do i have posted in my stuff for sale "will ship within 24 hours". Like i said im not a business.
No one expects shipping within 24 hrs. Even some of the most successful businesses do not do that. But truth is, you didn't even attempt to get it out in a timely manner. I am sure that alot of people would have appreciated even a quick email or response instead of being ignored <---- fishy. In a business sense they were your clients, and you did not treat them well. Now what happens when customers aren't treated well? They never go back to the same store. Thank goodness you aren't a business.

Shipping late is one thing, but misleading and practicing the act of deceiving is wrong. It shows how you are outside of all this reef stuff. Don't make up 5+ names to answer your own posts and sales to fool us all, that would never be allowed on any forum. I am not stupid, we are not stupid.

signing off,
Encyclopedia Brown

Last edited by ExtremeReefer; 01/30/2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01/30/2004, 05:22 PM
Moved On

i never decieved, finding out where your stuff was took only an email, and asking politley not emailing me with threats.

The thing i have a problem with is you maliciously accuse me of things that i have not done. It started in teh HQI thread, calling me a scam artist before you even said 1 word in the thread. You can see from all of the poepel i dealt with that i am NOT a scammer, i cn be trusted despite what you think. How can you say i cant when you admit everyone got what they paid for or a refund, Some got it shipped same day, some the nesxt and some in a week. How can you just make a determination athat i made no effort to get there packages out. It seems you just like to jump to conclusions. I also PM'd you several times trying to talk to you in a normal manner without throwing names and accusations around to find out what you had a prblem with not once did i recive a responce, I feel liek you have a personal vendeta against me.

Also the only rason i switched names was becasue i got banned and because of you. Also i dont see a problem with multiple names as long as im not scamming anyone. Which i never did.

and if i want to bump somethign with another name whats wrong with that. not that i do but sometimes i dont logout and thats the name that bumps it. I feel like you think youve been wronged by me and you wont let it go or admit that you may have gone overboard, I dare you to find 1 person who thinks i screwed them. If no one feels slighted i dont think there is a problem. And if they do let them speak up not some guy who thinks hes the reefcentral vigilante who never even spoke one word to me before this never mind did any business with me.
Old 01/30/2004, 05:25 PM
Moved On

And the reason for trying to lose the name wedfr is because of you, you slandered up and down, who would ever buy nythign from me again? liek you said name is everything on the interenet, if i posted abotu you being a scammer even if i never did business with you or you never scammed anyone peoepl would think more then twice abotu buyign somethign form you. So after being banned i got a new name and tried to lose the association with ewedfr. if i wasnt banned i woulda stayed with it, arguesd with you and shown all the neg and pos posts about me and shown everyone got their stuff. but i couldnt i was banned. So might as well start over no?
Old 01/30/2004, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Hey wedfr,

What is wrong with having multiple IDs? You tell me?

In this thread, you ask people to donate their prized equipment and money in order to conduct an experiment run by you wedfr.

donating money to yourself?

Why would you start the thread with wedfr and post with MDLR1 saying that you would be in for a few dollars as well?

Truth is everyone found it fishy and no one was willing to donate money. So in order to get people to follow, you logged on as MDLR1 and acted as if you were a member of the community willing to donate money. You tell me is something wrong here?

That is like having an auction on ebay and using another ID to bid it up!!!! If that isn't a scam I don't know what is!!! Am I falsely accusing you? I dont think so.

Signing off,
Encyclopedia Brown
Old 01/30/2004, 05:49 PM
Moved On

Ok having multiple names isnt wrong,

That incidnet with mdlr1 on the lighting thread was purely mistake on my part and i admitted it rigth away, I wwas singed in on mdlr1 and didnt realize, posting something in that thread that wouldnt make sence coming form anyone but wedfr so i edited and instead of putting somethign stupid i said il donate a few dollars. I dont think its horrbile, but yeah i guess its not right, i didnt think of it at the time i thought i t woulda just been a harmless post within the thread. Poeple wernt donating way before that or after the mdlr1 statment, noone knew we were the smae poepel for a while. And serioualy if you are going to donate because mdlr1 threw in a few bucks thats stupid, i don thtink that comment made a differnce to anyone donating one way or the other.

My mistake on that one, i apoligized a few times for it and i think everyone let it go except for you.
Old 01/30/2004, 05:55 PM
Moved On

there were lso quite a few poepel telling you to pleas leave that post early on and you continued to bash it to hell. Too bad too i think it woulda helped alot of people.

i thiink your doing diservice to everyone constantly bashing me, There was no light test because of you, I tried to help out he NYC club and penn club with calcium reactors but you squashed that one too. I even personally knew the person organizing it and he knew i wasnt going to screw anyone, They coulda saved over a $100 a piece plus got some extra equpment. Maybe they wouldnt have chosen to go with me anywyay but you pretty much killed it before it got started.

If you wanted to put a warning on teh lighting thread to be carefull of stuff like that, that woulda been fine with me but i think you can see from that thread that you from the begnnning are completly ove rthe top and outta controll throwing accusations aroudn without know any info whatsoever. Try calming down, talking to the person you have a problem with, dont throw names aroudn untill you know somethign for SURE, not just what you think is going on. Probably could have avoided a whole big mess.
Old 01/30/2004, 05:59 PM
Moved On

after looking for some diy info, i stumbled upon your thread here.....

no offense but you two need to stop acting like babies, start acting like adults and mind your own business

thanks =)
Old 01/30/2004, 06:03 PM
Moved On

uroplatususlvr: i COMPLETLY agree with you, I tried multiple multiple time to try and resovle this issue with extremereefer. I tried to get him to talk privately before the whole mess started he wouldnt even respond. I insisted on Bashing me publically so i decided to defend myself. I wish peopel would mind their business a litlte more, i see it all the time on this board its rediculous. Anyway i hope we can stop acting like morons soon.
Old 01/30/2004, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Goodness!!! Will you stop lying wedfr?????? Please stop.

originally posted by PRRD
Quote:
I wwas singed in on mdlr1 and didnt realize, posting something in that thread that wouldnt make sence coming form anyone but wedfr so i edited and instead of putting somethign stupid i said il donate a few dollars.
Why are you lying and continuing to lie?

Please click on this link, when you posted as MDLR1 and said you'd be in for a few dollars as well, you DID NOT EDIT that post. See for yourself, the post you made was unedited because when it is, it says so on the bottom of your post. Example: last edited by....just like the bottom of the posts above by me.

LIAR!!!

And also, I have no problem with you, I have nothing to discuss with you. Why should I talk to you in private when you are trying to take advantage of the entire public.

Also, uroplatuslvr I believe I am acting like an adult, as I am disclosing what I have found to the public. That is being responsible. Are you trying to encourage me that I should stay quiet when I see something like this? Maybe you are unfamiliar with the situation, but if you search around (I doubt you care to) you'll see that there is a reason this guy got banned 4 times.

End of story....and stop lying already.

signing off,
Encyclopedia Brown
Old 01/30/2004, 06:34 PM
Moved On

yeah you are right it doesnt say edited, i could have sworn i did. i really cant recall exactly what happend. Maybe i am mistakin.

I tried to talk to you in private because you were ruining threads and you were also bashing me in public before you knew for sure what was going on, after we talked then you coulda put whatever you wanted. I feel like since you started in public calling names and whatnot it was lie you had somethign to prove to everyone and didnt want to listen to reason at all.
Old 01/30/2004, 06:45 PM
10 & Over Club

...and then an account registered yesterday comes more-or-less to PRRD's defense with a cease and desist request...

Mods please give a speedy boot to PRRD and save us all some bandwidth. While your at it mods could you boot uroplatuslvr as well since it looks pretty obvious that it is yet another alias. (Sorry if I'm wrong about you uroplatuslvr, but something here smells fishy and I'm a'thinking that it ain't the reef tank)

The games afoot, Watson!
Old 01/30/2004, 06:48 PM
Moved On

O k iwalked away for a few minutes and decided to take a look at the whole hqi post, ya know the one you calle dme a liar in. Is it possible once you "Move On" it no longer says edited? because i ran through the whole thing and i know under mdlr1 i posted somethign like hows the acount going. and i edited thaat becaue i made a mistake on that one as well thinking i was wedfr. I dunno maybe im totally confused and mixing everythiin up.

Anyway This is waht ill end with

I wedfr,prrd,mdlr1,reefcurrents etc have never scammeed, intended to scam or tried to get over on anyone. Looking back now i made a bad judgment with teh mdlr1 post weaher it was an edit or not either way a bad call on my part.

Anyone can look at the other posts you put up about me and mseesage the people who had a problem with me all i mind you were within the same week or so when i explained i was more then busy. Find out for yourself if anyone got taken advantage of. Dont listen to extremereefer. Trust me he oly reports what he thinks will help his case.

I think pretty much all has een said and brought out that can be so ill let everyone else figure out on their own whats really going on. and if im a corrok or not.

I would appreciate though if you would stop chiming in on every single thing that i post and bad mouthing me, You put a post in the feedback forum and quite a few liek this one throughout the board, i think that is enough dont you?

To the mods, i hope you will allow me to stay on the board i hope you can see i wasnt trying to scam anyone or sell anythign commercially. MAde a bad call and apologized for it. If not i understand and that will be that.
Old 01/30/2004, 06:52 PM
Moved On

hey dont blame uroplatuslvr. he didnt do anythigin but tell peopple to act liek adults, Sciguy whatever your name is its peopel liek you that cause problems. Sme mentality as extrme
Old 01/30/2004, 06:56 PM
10 & Over Club

Not causing trouble, just tired of the games...

Okay, maybe just a little trouble
Old 01/30/2004, 06:57 PM
Moved On

so dont read hte thread man, try listening to teh uro guy and mind your own business.