Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/23/2005, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Please Help With Aquacon Investigation

After seeing repeated complaints about Aquacon posted on this forum, I have decided to try to take action myself. I have contacted the local authorities and they need some basic information before they can begin their investigation. This information will be used to build a police investigation.

I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you placed an order, did not receive all or part of your order and were not provided a full or partial refund.

You may email or pm the following information to me:

1. Your name
2. Contact information
3. The date of the incident
4. A general description of the incident
5. Total loss in dollars
6. Current state of the claim, if unresolved please state so.
7. If you posted a complaint on RC, a link to that thread.

Please organize your response according to the six bullet outline set out above.

You may notice from my profile that I am an attorney. I am not attempting to build a suit or attempting to profit in any way. I am sick of reading about these crooks and hope that my knowledge of the legal system can help to finally get something done.
Old 11/23/2005, 09:45 PM
I have wet shirt sleeves

Kudos for taking the time to do this. I ALMOST ordered from them years ago before I knew better.
Old 11/23/2005, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

thank god someone is doing something, i orderded years ago from them ,when i first got into the hobby , they charged me 150.00 for shipping a sohol tang,empore angel .majistic and a purple tang ,in one box. i split the order with another guy so it was 75.00 apiece , but that was to long ago to even get in on this , but i hate seeing people still getting screwed buy this clown ron ,i went there when i was in florida ,what a dump
Old 11/23/2005, 10:26 PM
Reefer

Aqua CON, mostly CON.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein
Old 11/24/2005, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

I'll arrange my "story" and get it to you.
Thanks!
Old 11/24/2005, 09:01 PM
Reefer

How many years can you go back?
Mine is a few years back.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Albert Einstein
Old 11/25/2005, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

I ordered 2 pink ricordias, they sent me 2 green ones but charged me for the pink's price. They told me it's their fault, they will send me the pink ones for replacement when they come in. I have waited for roughly 4-5 months, I asked they said they don't have any yet. I asked them(Ron) if I can take some sps frags instead, he said yes but I haven't heard anything from them for another 3-4 months. I emailed them again they told me due to the flood, they will not ship corals out in the next couple weeks and this time it has been another 2 months I still got no frags from them yet. I will dispute a refund from my credit card company, I know it's kind of long time to ask for a refund but I have kept all emails from them showing that they owe me a refund.

Loc
Old 11/25/2005, 01:43 AM
Registered Member

good luck guys. i had quite a few probs with them in the past, but it was mostly customer service and was somewhat resolved, so im not much help here
Old 11/25/2005, 01:53 AM
Premium Member

Try calling these folks. If you select the "Customer Service" option, nobody's home and you get voice mail. But if you select "Sales" ...like magic, they suddenly appear.

dvmsn, I sent you an email.

"Caveat emptor"
Old 11/26/2005, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Re: Please Help With Aquacon Investigation

Quote:
Originally posted by dvmsn
After seeing repeated complaints about Aquacon posted on this forum, I have decided to try to take action myself. I have contacted the local authorities and they need some basic information before they can begin their investigation. This information will be used to build a police investigation.

I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you placed an order, did not receive all or part of your order and were not provided a full or partial refund.

You may email or pm the following information to me:

1. Your name
2. Contact information
3. The date of the incident
4. A general description of the incident
5. Total loss in dollars
6. Current state of the claim, if unresolved please state so.
7. If you posted a complaint on RC, a link to that thread.

Please organize your response according to the six bullet outline set out above.

You may notice from my profile that I am an attorney. I am not attempting to build a suit or attempting to profit in any way. I am sick of reading about these crooks and hope that my knowledge of the legal system can help to finally get something done.

Have YOU had a bad dealing Aquacon? I am not an Attorney but I play as one with my Childern and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn a few months ago.

You are asking for alot of personal information with just saying you are an attorney in your profile. So what.......... Maybe you are, maybe you aren't an attorney. What sort of law do you pratice?
Old 11/27/2005, 12:04 AM
Registered Member

Reefjunkie is a private investigator and finds it necessary to protect all of us. We really couldn't do it without him. I think I stayed in the room next to him at the Holiday Inn.
Old 11/27/2005, 03:35 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
Reefjunkie.. glad you got our backs.....

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 11/27/2005, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Your welcome guys.
Old 11/27/2005, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

You got me. I am the worst identity theft in the history of the world.
Old 11/27/2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Well...at least your honest.

being with you girl, like being low...
Old 11/28/2005, 11:59 AM
RC Sponsor

Re: Re: Please Help With Aquacon Investigation

Quote:
Originally posted by reefjunkie3
Have YOU had a bad dealing Aquacon? I am not an Attorney but I play as one with my Childern and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn a few months ago.

You are asking for alot of personal information with just saying you are an attorney in your profile. So what.......... Maybe you are, maybe you aren't an attorney. What sort of law do you pratice?
Seems like a pretty safe list of information
Old 11/28/2005, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

I don't know...I've ordered stuff from Aquacon on-line and in person...I didn't realize it was the "Marine Life" store about three miles from my house! In both cases I've received nice stuff, everything I ordered, and it was priced reasonably. Now, this has all been within the last year, so if bad stuff was happening before that I can't say. But, in the interest of providing all sides...I've been pleased.

jds
Old 04/04/2006, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

DVMSN,
This is a lengthy post and I have been waiting to disclose this bizarre story until I receive satisfaction which (I think) I am about to get from Aquacons supplier.
I received a large order on March 31/03. We ordered a Blue Sponge and was told by Darren at Aquacon they didn't have the Blue Sponge but it was on my bill ($69.99) and of course didn't receive the sponge. I called Aquacon and they gave me a credit.
I changed jobs back to Canada and didn't order for a while. I became a more avid reader of RC and learned about Aquacons reputation.
For a year I called and called and emailed Aquacon about them verifying my credit or refunding my money. One guy, Chad, kept telling me they would have to go to the other building to find my paperwork and that I would have to place an order first and then they would agree to go find my credit. Finally I got Darren, the original salesperson, on the phone and he got me Ron (the owner) who agreed to honor the credit. In October 2005 I ordered two PFO 250w MH bulbs and paid the difference (now I'm in deeper for $$). Aquacon said the bulbs were sent and gave me a DHL tracking number but the shipment never arrived. DHL said there was no such tracking number and no shipment. DHL said that Aquacon would have to file for the lost shipment in order to refund me the value of the shipment. Aquacon asked me not to proceed with DHL (I really wonder if there was any shipment) and said they shipped me bulbs. I received four "South Pacific Sunlight" bulbs(SPS bulbs not PFO), two 250W and two 175W. I called Aquacon and shipped them (at my cost) the two exta bulbs.
I put the two SPS bulbs in my system and one of them burned out in two weeks. I couldn't find SPS on the web and, again, couldn't get a response from Aquacon except that they would 'take care of it'.
I finally discovered that Sea Dwelling Creatures distribute the SPS bulbs and after ONE email, they agreed to replace the bulbs. I am now waiting for new bulbs.
I am stubborn and felt I was getting scammed by Aquacon (even it's only $70) and it has taken a lot of patience to get this far. Hopefully, RC members and suppliers like DHL and Sea Dwelling Creatures will cease to deal with this outfit.
You can pm me for contact info.
Cheers,
Old 04/04/2006, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Unfortunately, I only received one email where a person actually lost money. I don't think people want to get involved.
Old 04/04/2006, 08:24 PM
Reefer

How sad. Doesn't it make you wonder if the history of complaints here were really legitimate?
Old 04/05/2006, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

dvmsn,

I am glad you are taking an interest in a case like this one. I have a similar dilemma in the Thousands of dollars in which other businesses and individuals lost money with one supplier. What can be done to prevent the public from any more harm?

You can PM me or contact me directly: Adam@cquarium.com

Thank you in advance.
Adam
that taste on your tounge don't easily slip away.

Lonsome day
The Boss.
Old 04/05/2006, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Vendor Opinions???

New to RF and I am damn glad that I read this post. I was getting ready to order from Aquacon and was a bit leary that when a deal seems too good to be it usually is too good. Can anyone provide me some feedback on www.bluezooaquatics.com or www.vividaquarium.com? Any input would be greatly appreciated. BTW... You folks have a great little community here and I appreciate the knowledge I have gathered from contributors. THank you!
Old 04/05/2006, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Chromed here some feedback on vivid http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1
Old 04/05/2006, 05:26 PM
Premium Member

I've ordered from vivid and have all ways been very satisfied. They quarantine their stock and make sure they are eating and disease free before shipping, this is a big plus for me.
Old 04/05/2006, 08:47 PM
Guardian of Little People

This isn't the thread to discuss other vendors.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant