Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/15/2006, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Zoa's ~ Watermellon EagleEyes, Red Keds

A couple of Zoanthid frags ~ Watermellon EagleEyes (80+ polyps) $45 + shipping

Red Keds & Green combo (I'm not positively sure on the name on the Reds) $45 + shipping

Thanks for looking, located in San Diego, Pick-up is welcome.
Old 07/15/2006, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

awe beautiful zoas. I wished i didn't spend $200 in the last few days on zoas. Bump for some good zoas and good prices.
29G Green Spotted Puffer tank
20G FW Molly and Platy tank
10G grow out
10G QT
24G Aquapod .
Old 07/15/2006, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

You have pm
Old 07/15/2006, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 07/15/2006, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

PM sent on watermelon ee's.
Old 07/15/2006, 09:35 PM
Premium Member

pm sent
Old 07/15/2006, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

How much would shipping be to 33880 zip code? For one or both.
lbcelectric@yahoo.com
Old 07/16/2006, 12:02 AM
Registered Member

payment sent on Watermelon Eagle eyes.

THanks,
Shawn
29G Green Spotted Puffer tank
20G FW Molly and Platy tank
10G grow out
10G QT
24G Aquapod .
Old 07/16/2006, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

Hey pufferpoison,
I already bought the Watermelon eagle eyes earlier this afternoon. You might pm klese and see if the other frag is available. They looked too good to pass up.

Brian
Old 07/16/2006, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

Thanks bckey and pufferpoison. I have several frags of these zoas and will post the rest tomorrow. The Reds are still available.
Old 07/16/2006, 01:39 AM
Premium Member

You have a PM
Old 07/16/2006, 03:14 AM
Premium Member

pm'd
Old 07/16/2006, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

I thought I was first in line for the watermelon ee?!? We were discussing payent and shipping thru pm's. What happened?
Old 07/16/2006, 10:39 PM
Premium Member

did you get my PM? are the reds still available? if so, I'll take them and a frag of watermelon EE's if you have them. if not, i'll take a frag of each, if possible.
Old 07/16/2006, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

I pm'ed also and never heard back. Guess my money isn't good enough. Oh well.
Old 07/17/2006, 12:20 AM
Moved On

Those are Pink Panthers, not "Ked's Reds"...
Old 07/18/2006, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZURCSREEF
Those are Pink Panthers, not "Ked's Reds"...
Thank you for the correction. Watermellons are gone but Pink Panther is still available.
Old 07/18/2006, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Well thanx for leading me on with the watermelons. Considering that we were pming back and forth about 4 minutes after your original post I thought I was first in line. Last I heard you wanted to double check on the shipping and was going to get back to me. Then I notice that you sold them to someone else. I didn't want to do this in your thread but since you refuse to answer my pm or e-mail, maybe you will feel obligated to answer here to explain incase you plan on selling in the future. Atleast someone else will know to send you money before they have all the info on the deal if they really want what you are selling.
Old 07/18/2006, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

I agree with you jspot. I never heard back from the guy after posting that I was interested. Kind of makes you thankful that you didn't get anything from him because it makes him look shady not to sell to the person that contacted him first. If you are going to sell to someone besides the person that you have been PM'ing, at least have the courtesy to PM them back with an explanation. The threads in these forums are to keep everybody that is interested updated on the progress of what is sold and not sold and so forth.
Old 07/19/2006, 05:32 AM
Registered Member

I don't know if Jspot was first or not. Heck I pm'd Klese right after he listed the zoas. But I will happily ship them to either one of you guys for the $65 I paid. These zoas are tiny and maybe 50 polyps. The whole frag is about the size of my little finger. Ask pufferpoison if he is happy with his. I'm willing to bet he would ship his to one of you also for $65.
Old 07/19/2006, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for the offer, I appreciate that but I think I will pass. You shouldn't have to make up for someone elses wrong doings. Going by the times of the original post and the times of the pming that followed, klese and I were discussing the deal within 4 minutes. I just wanted to get a reason for what happened but I have been ignored in pms and e-mail. I just feel it is wrong to lead someone on this way only to sell to another without notice or explanation. If you plan on doing business then you should atleast be honest and straightforward. Ignoring pms and such only leads to someone to not trust you as a seller. Word of mouth can work wonders, good or bad.
Old 07/19/2006, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

For the record, all the initial pm's were answered. There were countless pm's regarding these zoas. I apologize if I did not follow the "dibs" rule. I responded to everyones pm and there were two members that were very prompt on paying for the frag so they were sold right away. The thread started on Sat. morning and most of you guys did not get back to me till the end of the day or the next day. Since there were numerous interests, I sold them to the people who were prompt on closing the deal. I do again apologize if some you guys feel like I lead you on which I never meant to do.

To bckey, The frag you received did have 80+ polyps on them as they were counted numerous times. The actual size was at least 3". I've have had no complaint about these zoas beside yourself. Maybe you should stick to the low-end corals and buy green/brown zoas if you're looking for a steal.

To hopper, you were not the first to contact me, maybe 5th. I told everyone including yourself that the sale was pending and I will contact people if the sale falls through. Get your story straight.
Old 07/19/2006, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Thanx for the apology but for the record I was never told that any sales were pending. Last I heard from you I was quoted the price for the zoos themselves and you needed to go to the post office to check on shipping saying you would get back to me. All of this happened within atmost an hour of your original post, not later in the evening or the next day. I nevered recieved any pms back with the total amount and even pmed you twice more, plus an e-mail, with still no answer. I finally came back to this thread to see if maybe something was wrong only to find out that you had already sold to someone else. This is not the right way to do business with people. I can understand that you are only trying to make some money but if you plan on selling more in the future maybe should rethink your tactics.
Old 07/19/2006, 03:30 PM
Moved On

jspot your getting old, all I hear is violins playing. He sold to the person who had the money upfront and was ready to buy. Just like anyone who sells on RC or anywhere is going to do. Alot of people, esspecially here on reef central, always show interest and almost always never buy. You would of done the same. Now he has stated he is sorry for you, so I think you should try and get over it and look for the next deal. People are always selling these "watermelons" (aka Eagle Eyes) at 1-2$ a polyp. Instead of wasting your time whining about not getting the zoanthids find the next thread before they all go sold out again.

Bump for klese to get them nice pink panthers sold,
-Mike C.
Old 07/19/2006, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

I have my story straight. You never PM'ed back about how many were ahead of me or anything. This is the first time you have acknowledged me to have PM'ed you. If there were others ahead of me then I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is people gettiing on here and selling to the first ones to paypal regardless of whether or not they were first in line for dibs. Makes you wonder if this person is getting multiple paypals for the same item. I'm not saying you are doing this, but it makes you wonder. Glad I didn't get them now after hearing what you sent.

Have a nice day.