Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Hampton Roads Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/27/2005, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Reef Chief webpage

Does Jeff(reefchief) have an up and running webpage yet?Before I moved he mentioned he was working on one.I sold all my livstock to him before I left,and have just now begun to restock my tank.Got new rock finishing cycling and I added some blueleg hermits yesterday.All the crabs were still alive today when I woke up,so the ammonia spike is finally going away.
Old 10/27/2005, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Not that I know of. I know a couple weeks ago he mentioned that one is being put together, but I don't think he said when he expected it to be completed.
Old 10/27/2005, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

I remember seeing Jake taking pictures for what I believe will be an upcoming website.
Old 10/27/2005, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

Jake did take the pictures for it but the guy working on it hasn't given a launch date yet. He's sort of at the mercy of the web designer right now. I know Jeff would like to have had it up already but I will defintely relay it to everyone once Jeff tells me it's done.
Old 10/27/2005, 09:51 PM
Premium Member

I Spoke with Jeff about the website and think he shotting for mid to late Nov.

Cliff Lives!
Old 10/27/2005, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

If you find that you need any help with the site I have a degree in Web Development and would be happy to give you a hand. Good luck!

Gray
Peanut_VA
Old 10/28/2005, 06:23 AM
Premium Member

Gray Thanks but I'm just the photographer.
Old 11/13/2005, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

If he needs any help with the website I can do it for him for free, it's something I enjoy doing so I dont charge for anything. I can make the whole thing for him

Last edited by sharkboy11; 11/13/2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11/14/2005, 10:17 PM
Premium Member

Arrow

I spoke with Jeff tonight and he wanted me to let everyone know he is sorry for the delay on the site. He had someone working on it for him but it took far longer than expected and he wasn't very pleased with the results. He has promised that a new site will be up by the meeting on Sunday and that everyone will be impressed by it.

Here's some of the things he wants to have on the site:
- HRRC information (he is committed to being our official sponsor in more than just title)
- monthly coral, fish, or invert bios
- monthly problem solving tips
- tank of the month
- monhtly/weekly specials
- dry goods list
- hitchhicker identification
- DIY/how-to ideas
- forums
- gallery

I'm sure I probably missed something, he was pretty wound up tonight and talking really fast.
Old 11/14/2005, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

I can't wait.

What's the URL?

Fish are friends, not food
Old 11/14/2005, 10:35 PM
Premium Member

I'll post the URL as soon as he lets me know what it is.
Old 11/14/2005, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

I'm sure it'll be reefchief.com, I just went to the site and I get a "not authorized" page. Not a 404, page not found or domain availabel page. Just a matter of time...

Later,
Brian

65 Gallon mixed reef w/ 15 gal sump. Tek T5 Lighting.
Old 11/15/2005, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

I just spoke with Jeff again about the site. Sorry Bryan, it isn't reefchief.com which actually belongs to a dive trip guide in the Keys. Anyways, he's keeping everyone in suspense until the meeting Sunday.

He did tell me a little more about the site. It's not just a site for his stuff, he's adding an entire section to the site (forums, galleries, and blogs) for club members to use. It looks like HRRC might finally have a home of it's own on the web to go along with our thread here.
Old 11/15/2005, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Could it be www.hrrc.com?

Sounds like I picked a geat time to join up.

Fish are friends, not food
Old 11/15/2005, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigreddog
It looks like HRRC might finally have a home of it's own on the web to go along with our thread here.
That's very awesome of him to do.

In addition to that, if anyone is interested, I can put together a site that will allow you to host pictures of your tank, tank related projects, etc. I know the RC allows some storage, but I don't believe that it's unlimited. I have more space/bandwidth than I know what to do with, so it would be nice to finally find a way to use it.
Old 11/15/2005, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

If he needs any help, tell him I can help out, I really cant attend meetings cause I have just a f/w setup now. But I would be more than happy to help build a page for the club.
Old 11/20/2005, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Well guys, the Reef Chief website is officially live now. As everyone at the meeting learned, it was actually me that designed and setup the new site for Jeff after the other people just didn't understand the vision he had for the site and weren't giving him quite what he wanted. There is now an entire section separate from his stuff just for us. Check out the site and give me some sort of feedback. The forums are also open for registration and discussion now.

The URL is http://www.reefchief.us.
Old 11/20/2005, 07:48 PM
Super Duper Member

really nice job on the site.
Old 11/20/2005, 07:49 PM
Premium Member

Great looking site. I know Cliff spent many of late night coming up with it.Cliff you are the man!
Old 11/20/2005, 08:33 PM
Premium Member

Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without some sweet pictures and a few laughs.
Old 11/20/2005, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Well,I must confess I knew the URL when I started this thread.Whan Jeff came over to get my stuff,before I moved,he told me about it.He would'nt say who was doing it though.Just that it was someone on here.So,I thought I would ask to see if anybody knew.
Old 11/21/2005, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Whos the marine biologist, does jeff have a degree? I thought Leroy at Fish Safari was the only one in town with a degree in this stuff? Anybody Know.
Old 11/21/2005, 07:09 PM
Premium Member

I believe Cliff is, he teaches foe a local HS.Oh Yea I think Jacob30 is also.
Old 11/21/2005, 08:59 PM
Premium Member

Well, I didn't do any of the first three sites he had done but I did step in and help out afterwards to make his vision for the site come to life. It still has a long way to go.

Yes, Jake is right, I have degrees in marine biology and psychology and was actually on staff at the VMSM for two years before becoming a teacher. My uncle was a marine biologist and ichthyologist for the Miami Seaquarium and got me started at an early age. Now I'm grooming a new generation of environmental activists to save the planet.
Old 11/22/2005, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
"Now I'm grooming a new generation of environmental activists to save the planet."
hehe, that almost sounds like a line from pinky and the brain. "What are we going to do tonight?, same thing we do every night. Try to take over the world!"

sorry =/