Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/14/2007, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Metal Halide Hood for Sale!

Hi All~
I've been out of the game for alittle while and never got a chance to sell my metal halide hood. Its just a pine box stuffed with dual 175 moguls, and 2 55 watt actinic cf's. The balasts are magnetic. This is by no means a display piece, but it would sure do well over a prop tank, or stock tank, or anything else where you don't care about asthetics OUTSIDE of your tank )

The hood has very little use on it...a couple of months (same with mh's!)

First to $125 takes it! email me at RSWrestler@aol.com
Old 11/14/2007, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

For what its worth, I think each fixture was about 125, about 100 in fans/transormer, and the actinics as well. Also, I think the wood is oak, not pine? So we're looking at almost 400 by the time this hood was hanging over my tank! hahaha

Last edited by RSWrestler; 11/14/2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11/14/2007, 11:37 PM
Registered Member

what does this fit
Old 11/14/2007, 11:39 PM
Registered Member

It hung over my tank from the joists in my basement. So it can fit whatever you would like it to fit, but it will probably need to be hung unless you can figure out something else.
Old 11/16/2007, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

I've gotten 2 pm's about this asking for pics...but no email addresses! If you'd like pictures, i need a place to send them, thanks!
Old 11/17/2007, 12:20 AM
Premium Member

What's the length?
Old 11/17/2007, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

It would be suitable to fit over a 55-90 gallon tank....so about 48 inches. However, if you hang the light like I did, higher height will yield more coverage (with slightly less strength in deeper water).

Worst case is that you gut the components (very easy) and make your box the way you want it.

Thanks!