Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Chico Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/16/2007, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Officer Meeting

I want to have an officer meeting at my house to discuss/brainstorm where we want the club to go/do, review bylaws etc.. any wed,fri,sat or sunday evening works great for me. this will be just for business, no frags/selling etc.. kids are welcome, mine will be there. i have toys and games etc.. so let me know what works best.
Old 09/16/2007, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

I would prefer fri or sat, but could do the others if necessary.
Old 09/16/2007, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

I would also prefer fri or sat, but will go with whatever schedule you guys can work out. There are also some things that I need to clarify/ask about my secretary responsibilities.
Old 09/17/2007, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

fri or sat works best for me too. clarification/questions is certainly on the list of topics to discuss. can you get ahold of joel and jason to let them know whats going on? chris will be out of town from the 21-27 so maybe the following weekend? not sure the date offhand.
Old 09/17/2007, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Actually, I checked my flight and it doesn't leave until early Saturday morning. So if it works - This Friday, Sept 21 in early evening would work best for me but I'll have to limit it to like 2 hours as probably I'll still need to pack, etc.

Melissa please contact Jason or PM me with his information. I'll contact Joel to see if he can make it. I think he doesn't get off work until 7pm. Please post here if say 7:30 works best for you?

Josh, due to Joel's late working hours maybe this time we can meet somewhere in Chico this time. I'd be happy to hold it at my house or we can meet at a coffee house or something. If anyone else has a more local to Fish etc location for a meeting please let us know. Otherwise, we could still meet up in Paradise.

Thanks again Josh for taking the initiative on this. I would really like to meet this week before the next meeting approaches too quickly. The sooner we meet, the more we can get done before the October meeting.
Old 09/17/2007, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

. friday works for me as well. i will have the girls,so public places may not be a great idea. however it works out, im easy...
Old 09/17/2007, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I'll have my daughter as well.
Old 09/17/2007, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

As it stands, since both Melissa and I will need to be at each meeting we will generally have our daughter with us.

The 21st is fine. We are both off by 4:30 so anytime works for us. As far as places go...I have no ideas.
Old 09/17/2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Heck if it isn't too dark I suggest maybe a public park. Gather around a picnic bench, a few pads of paper & pens and brainstorm while kids play on the 'park toys'. Anyone up for Caper Acres? We've only been once since the toddler area's been revamped.
Old 09/17/2007, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Caper Acres is fine with me.
Old 09/17/2007, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

caper acres is good with me. the girls love the new goodies. ok so we have friday the 21st at caper acres. it gets dark about 7ish. how about 5:00? or 5:30 that should give enough daylight and not cut into friday night too bad.
Old 09/17/2007, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Yeah... its 7:25 now and looks like darkness is beginning. Joel gets off at 6:30 on Friday and said he's interested. Yeah I think we should try for 5:30ish. Joel can come in and get up to speed once he arrives. By the time I get my daughter from Daycare and make it down to the park it will be 5:30.

How does that work for everyone else?
Old 09/17/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

5:30 is good with us. Should we bring anything besides notebooks?
Old 09/17/2007, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

5:30 is good with me.
Old 09/17/2007, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Ideas!!! and maybe your own copy of the bylaws to reference.

I'm working with Kane to try to get the email contacts from everyone who's ever registered with the ChicoReefClub.com site so we can contact them again and tell them the club is very active right now and they missed out on a great raffle.

Any creative ideas for a laminated semi-permanent sign to post in the LFS's about the club and meeting date/time/location would be great for us all to review and approve.
Old 09/17/2007, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Well I was thinking more along the line of refreshments, but those are good too.
Old 09/17/2007, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Oh.. I see. I like the way you think!

Sure Bring your own drinks or if someone wants to bring a cooler great!
Old 09/17/2007, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

I think some cold drinks and some snacks will help keep the kids occupied so that we can discuss what we need to dicus. I have the information to get hold of Jason an I will have copies of the list of participants and officers to hand out for everyone so that we can get hold of each other if need be at any time. If anyone has objections about giving out their info to the club members only, please let me know and I will keep it confidenital. I wall always have the info in case of an emrgency.

Any comments or suggestions, just let me know.

Melissa
Old 09/18/2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

I think for the most part... we should only have the officer information be public and even that should be at the discretion of the officers about which means to contact them (I suggest email should be preferred). Anyone else that has provided club membership should be kept to the secretary for safe-keeping.

Ok figures :rolleyes1: - the wx report starting tomorrow through Friday is looking "unsettled". We may need to have a backup plan if say the sky is falling at 5pm on Friday.
Old 09/18/2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Question officer meeting

this is Joel or Revolution on CRC site... when and where again is the officer meeting for those forgetful people like myself?
Old 09/18/2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Friday the 21st at 5:30. Tentatively set for Caper Acres, depending on the weather.
Old 09/19/2007, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy

Well folks,

It's not looking good for Caper Acres on Friday.
Old 09/19/2007, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

Actually even though it's 72 hours away, the forecast is for mostly sunny with a high of 78F with the precipitation at 10% like it is nearly every day during the fall/winter when no rain is forecasted.

I think the winds may be on the autumnal side so bring jackets as I think we might be ok for the outside event if my trust of the wx forecast holds up. Otherwise, I suggest meeting up at Fish Etc to decide a location and let Joel know.

Joel, glad to see you found your way back on RC!!!

Melissa, were you ever able to contact Jason (LHDesigns)?
Old 09/19/2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

It was the wind that I was actually concerned about. I do my paperwork outside every day and today was a big pain. If at all possible I would still love to meet there.
Old 09/19/2007, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

I just got through talking to Jason and he said that he will be there. Chris let me know if there is anything special I need to bring.