Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Painting Inspirations

I am unsure if this is allowed or not. But i wanted to toss out my wifes new site. She is a painter, She did my hood for my 30 Gallon Marine tank that i had before Katrina. It was a beautiful job. I really wish i had it still set up, but, just dont have the money. Katrina wiped that hobbie out. Anyhow...

A little about what my wife does. She does Cabinatry, Finishing, Painting, Staining, And many many other things. If you can stick paint to it she can do it, and can tell you how. So if you need to kow anything about painting, please feel free to visit*edited*

I dont want this post to be in any way concidered an attack of anykind on this forum. I love this forum, Helped me out a lot when i was doing my tank. I am just trying to promote my wifes business only way i know how

So please stop on by and discuss different art techniques. Painting stuff and much more. We'd love to hear from you.

Last edited by dc; 01/08/2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01/08/2008, 08:41 PM
Where's My Jell-O?

I am really sorry for all that you went through with Katrina!

Is there any way that you can show any of the pictures that she has done? Or am I missing it on that link? I love working with wood and am actually hoping to strip the kitchen table that was my mom's that has years of paint on it just to see what's underneath.

Melting!
Old 01/08/2008, 09:15 PM
Moved In

Sorry, we don't allow that, I had to remove the link.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/08/2008, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
Sorry, we don't allow that, I had to remove the link.

Could he use it as a homepage ??? you know the little red house

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 01/08/2008, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

yeah there was a gallery. But the link is gone. I dont get it.. what is with forums not allowing others to promote a business that doesnt pertain to the same thing? ohh well... i posted the link in my profile... i hope that's allowed.
Old 01/09/2008, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

your wife is very talented and I hope that her business is a success... My sil did their older home with alot of faux finishing techniques and added her own type of twist on things... when they sold their home the realtor's actually were showing other realtor's b/c they were in awe of her talents...

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 01/09/2008, 08:39 AM
Moved In

We don't promote our board other places and we ask the same here. BTW, that's not the link you had up. It was directly to the forums. We'd like to think people are here for conversation, not just to get people to their site.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/09/2008, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

I am... look. Flat up. I'm proud of the work my wife does. And she does exellent work. i'm not gonna argue with you. it is your boards after all. I'm not here to promote her business. Just to allow people to see the work she does with cabinates. We are talking cabinates here, which also entails tank stands. I just want people to see some of the beautiful work she does.

She doesnt do work outside our little area so this really is more of just a "bragging" post.

I appologize if it seems to be more than that...

And yes. I realized there wasnt a link tot he gallery in that link, so i changed it.. once more appologies.

Last edited by Conano; 01/09/2008 at 06:39 PM.