Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/25/2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Help with a not so Nano

Ok nano guys a gals. I aquired a 60 gal all in one cube from a memer awhile back. I recently took my 180 reef down and decided to set this little guy up. So thats where you foks come in. I'm not sure what I need. Well what I mean is i don't know what pump to use nore what light. I like the aquamedic ocean light ( which I want to get from a member here ) and I was thinking of using a quiet one for my return pump. I am really concerned with heat issues though. I have a bermuda aquaics skimmer which my wife got me for chrismas today (YEAH!!) and I will have that pump in the sump too. So what do I use guys let me know.
Old 12/27/2007, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Anybody have any direction >
Old 12/27/2007, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

what all did you use on your 180?....you could always use some of the leftovers.....also, what the demensions of the 60?...that'll help as well
Old 12/27/2007, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Well everything from the 180 is way to big for this set up. I mean all my pumps are mag 9, a hammerhead, and an iwaki. So I sold most of the stuff I stil have the rock and sand left. The dimention are 23wx23hx27l. the display is 19lx23hx23w. My main cocern is the pumps idk which pumps are good for low heat emission. all my other pumps i used were external so i have no experience with an internal pump aside from the mag i used on my 55 but i didn't want to use mags b/c of the rust and heat. thank you for your help
Old 12/27/2007, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

eheim pumps are efficient and quiet....pick up a 1260 or 1262 you'll be set for the return pump....

for lighting....it will depend what you want to keep....
Old 12/27/2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

well i wanted mostly sps and lps and ill have some zoos in there