Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 11:32 AM
This Space for Rent

Location: Sitting on a park bench...eyeing college girls with bad intent.
phenom's 20L

It's been forever since I've posted pictures of my tank...I posted this on the reef discussion board, but stuff gets buried so fast on that board.

This little tank has been up and running for almost 5 years now...in one form or another. It started as a 10g, until a faulty heater all but wiped it out. I lost all my SPS, a bunch of LPS, and some zoas. Then I decided to move everything over to a 20g long, which sat for close to a year as a FOWLR. I've been adding in frags over the last few months, and now I'm starting to get to the point where I just need to wait for everything to grow in, although, I think I've got some room for some more pieces. Most of the rock on the left is from the 10g (fiji), and the rock to the right is newer (marshall island). I'm not sure if the Hammer is going to stay where it is, and I've got a bunch of zoa frags that I've got to move up off the sand. I'm in serious need of a new bulb, so the color isn't looking as good as I'd like, but here it is.

FTS (just after the lights came on, so not everybody has opened up all the way)

FTS

Right Side

Left Side

Any comments, suggestion, so on are always welcome. Give it another year, and it should be looking good.

There's a few things I'm debating with this tank. One, the rock on the right is not very stable, so I may work on that. Two, I can't decide what bulb to get...20,000K or 14,000K. Three, I want to do something about the flow. I may look into DIYing a HOB CL so I can get those PH's out of there. And really, I'd like to drill the tank, and add in a foam backing for the tank. The guy who owns one of the LFS near me has the foam background on his show tank, and it looks sweet, but I'm not sure if I want to undertake that project right now...all it takes is time & money.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.