Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/30/2006, 08:59 PM
got montipora?

check this out!!!!

i was surfing around ebay and found this RC member selling "the best of the best" of his corals and thought everyone might want to see.

click here

-jesse
Old 07/30/2006, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

wow! now thats color lol...reminds me of like grafiti or somthing (spelling)
Old 07/30/2006, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

I saw this too, honestly I find it a little hard to believe without a bit of PhotoSHop work but that may just be me. Blas
Old 07/30/2006, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

the photos have been enhanced thats why there is a camera on the right lower orner of pics.
Old 07/30/2006, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

same here...but he could also have just thrown all those in for the pic too???

or we could be totally untrusting and this guy might actually have this? lol
Old 07/30/2006, 10:07 PM
Cancer Sucks

And, with a daily temp swing from 76 to 89?

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 07/30/2006, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

lol serious? i didnt even read the thing! it says that? thats soooo rediculous.
Old 07/30/2006, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

i cant believe thats a rc member selling that lol.

and is it just me, or do some of those corals look like they're just copied and pasted in various spots throughout? i can only see a couple that i think are like that...but they look exactly the same, like the way they're folded/curled up whatever you wanna call it.. idk..not cool
Old 07/30/2006, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

sbooth
The little camera in the corner is to show it is a picture from ebay.

I would like to know if he collected them from the ocean himself since he lives in Florida. Anybody know if ricordia is cheaper in Florida?
Old 07/31/2006, 12:05 AM
Hopeless addict

If you follow the link to his thread here on RC, he does say that he collected them himself in FL.

And sir_dude, why does being an RC member make him morally superior to any other reefer that sells on ebay? It is a free public internet forum. In recent time, ebay prices on corals have been super high, so he probably felt he would make more money selling them there as a bulk pack than having RC members all want to show up at his house and cherry pick them out one at a time.

You will probably see the winner of the auction relisting them on ebay soon at a markup. Such is life.

The photos were enhanced like crazy, look at the stand and you can see what I mean. Hope they all survive.
&nbsp&nbsp o@o&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp "\_r'
&nbsp @o|,@&nbsp&nbsp _/,_&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp >( ')
_..@@_..7il=l=@lv|e.._
Old 07/31/2006, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
And sir_dude, why does being an RC member make him morally superior to any other reefer that sells on ebay
true true...just makes you think twice about buying off of the selling forum doesnt it? ....ok, maybe not but still lol.
Old 07/31/2006, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

That is one of the worst photoshop jobs i've seen in quite some time...
Old 07/31/2006, 12:15 AM
Registered Member

srry double post
Old 07/31/2006, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

If you look at his post the colors look different than on ebay. I wonder if the buyer can back out if the colors aren't what he posted in the auction? The person who won the bid has no history I will have to see the feedback from this one.
Old 07/31/2006, 12:55 AM
...da Purple People Eater

Hmm, if I mention that these are likely illegals, will I get kicked off RC?!

Remeber the thread from a couple m,onths ago with that lady bashing other vendors of Ricordia?

BTW, sis she ever buy that lot of 100 and sell them at the auction/sale event you guys had up there?
Old 07/31/2006, 01:09 AM
Hopeless addict

Yes, she did. And that's the last we ever heard from her. I bought two of them and they are actually very nice colors. I got to pick early.
&nbsp&nbsp o@o&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp "\_r'
&nbsp @o|,@&nbsp&nbsp _/,_&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp >( ')
_..@@_..7il=l=@lv|e.._
Old 07/31/2006, 07:30 PM
got montipora?

Quote:
Originally posted by newhere
If you look at his post the colors look different than on ebay. I wonder if the buyer can back out if the colors aren't what he posted in the auction? The person who won the bid has no history I will have to see the feedback from this one.
if you look at the bottom of the eBay page you will see the question that was asked by the buyer, and the seller did nothing but back pedal on how the colors have faded because of the heat.
i dont think i would spend that much on that many unless i lived very close, because he is going to ship them with all the rock.

-jesse